Reviews for Day by Day
ArcticFire chapter 18 . 7/23/2011
I heard about this fanfic from a friend, and it prompted me to go back and rewatch most of X Men Evolution all over again, so I remembered everything, just so I could read DBD, and I'm so glad I did - the plot was intriguing and well written, and rarely lagged. There were some grammar issues, but not enough to spoil the fic. I'm definitely going to read the sequel!
The AntiCoolant chapter 18 . 7/10/2011
well, i certainly wasn't planning to review this, but damn your good at writing. All the characters were unbelievably accurate, and frankly i need to see more, im looking into this sequal...
wildmageofgalla chapter 7 . 2/7/2010
Okay, right now I have to say this: you don't use a single section break. You move right from one scene to another with no separating partition, and it's going to drive me crazy!

Half the time, I wonder what so-and-so is doing at -blank- because he/she is supposed to be somewhere else, and why what they are doing/saying makes no sense, before realizing that it's a new scene! *pulls hair out of head*

But other than that, I LOVE this story so far! While I have to say that your portrayal of the Brotherhood's ability to get along with the X-Men is pushing believability, you do a very good job of keeping characters in ...character, so the story itself doesn't seem cheap or badly thought-out. Rogue is the only exception to this, but the reasons behind it (so far) are acceptable, and pretty funny to be honest. Your writing is wonderful - you use dialogue and images both to paint the story and to move the plot forward - you have no idea what a relief that can be. I have seen WAY too many good ideas thoroughly trashed by horrendous writing. Your OC (at least, I *think* she's an OC) Moira seems like you've made her a well-rounded character so far, and I look forward to seeing the development/future use of her
Itallia chapter 6 . 12/17/2007
I can see what Scott means about losing herself. Rogue is starting to act more and more like Quicksilver the more she gets "closer" to him.

Ah, that explanation for Lance worked well. He felt abandoned, or felt that all it took to be abandoned was to leave.
Itallia chapter 5 . 12/17/2007
I was wondering about Rogue and Pietro-perhaps that Pietro would be fast enough to avoid her abilities and Rogue could keep up with Pietro because of her abilities. They still wouldn't be able to go far, though, and if Rogue ever did get pregnant, her abilities would probably leech the life out of any human that tried to grow in her.

Lance seems slightly out of character to me. Why in the world is he running away from a good opportunity to try to get better? Is he just trying to be macho or something?
Itallia chapter 4 . 12/17/2007
Does this type of high school situation ever happen anymore? I've never heard of bullying football players. There's a few punk kids in middle school but usually no one gets hurt unless you help start the fight going.
Itallia chapter 3 . 12/17/2007
Interesting. I liked the look into Pietro's life again. Thinking about Pietro's speed reminded me of a curiosity I've had for a while now: what would happen if Rogue encountered another "Rogue"? Someone with her powers? Would they cancel each other out, or would there be a continuous flow of power between them whenever they are in contact, or would the "more powerful" one win? I guess Apocalypse sort of had Rogue's power and sucked all the others she had absorbed out of her, so that might be answered right there...even so, what if they were at equal power?

Pietro needs someone, anyone, who can keep up with his speed. Either that or he needs to get a slow-down to his mutation or something-maybe make it so that he controls the speed of his body and such so that he can go about like normal or be speedy.
Itallia chapter 2 . 12/17/2007
I like how you portray the Brotherhood. They do have a certain loyalty to them.
Itallia chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
This seems interesting. I never really thought that Lance might have headaches when he causes earthquakes.
Kizmet chapter 2 . 11/26/2007
Dear Liz,

I'd like to draw your attention to something. It's the last line of the first chapter of Izolda's "Headache". It says and I quote:

"I have to add that I borrowed the idea of this story from Kimzet ('Day by Day' - it's about 'X-men Evolution'). Of course my story is way different from the orginal one so please don't sue me."

Credit given where credit is due, I'm happy with that and have no intention of objecting to Izolda's story. But I'd like to caution you one last time against implying plagiarism without making even the slightest efforts to check your facts.
Kizmet chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Dear Liz,

Before you imply that someone has committed plagiarism you might want to check your facts. Here's a very, very basic one: My story, "Day by Day" was published at in 2003, Izolda published "Headache" in 2006. Is it really likely that I copied that person's work three years before it was posted?

In answer to your question: No I did not write "Headache". I am not active in the "Beyblade" fandom. I don't watch the show. I had absolutely no knowledge of that story before you mentioned it. I will look at it now to see if I think that they plagiarized my work.

Sorry if I'm coming off rude here, but I take plagiarism fairly seriously. And your accusation is not exactly well founded when I published my story first.
liz chapter 2 . 11/26/2007
Dit you wrote the story called headache about kai from beyblade. because your story looks a lot like it. you accually have the same sentices. gee i wonder why. still a great story though.
acepro Evolution chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
brilliant
Gothicthundra chapter 18 . 6/27/2007
Nice! Your a darn good writer, and you capture the chars nicly.
requim17 chapter 18 . 10/20/2006
difinitely amazing... and quite the cliffy. i feel bad for the readers u left this with! hhaa but i get the sequel at my fingertips so its fine w/ me. and this is where the review gets review-y. loved the take on rietro.. how he could speed her up for a few moments.. but not too long. im glad u didnt just automatically fix her powers or anything.. much better than how some ppl will write them. and i liked how u described rogue taking other peoples powers.. i can't remem for the life of me how u worded it but it was awesome. also with pietro.. i liked how u had his head. definitely the way u had him thinking after he betrayed everybody and such. LOVED how u incorporated your story with the seasons.. that was genius. making the date pietro's capture scene.. etc. having kitty still take pietro out of the van. loved the way u mixed it together..

and lance's condition i liked. iv read a lot of stories w/ his headaches.. one was a brain tumor.. and i cant remember the others. .but i liked how sophisticated yours sounded..it mighta come from seniourity but the way u explained the fluids in his brain etc. was a nice break from the monotonous excuses that iv heard..newho. liked how u wrote toad and fred. i think u did toad's character pretty good.. he's always seemed like the pet to me.

and wanda was WONDERFUL. loved how u wrote her malice.. and i like the plot u added in. gambit's dealio with sabertooth was SO needed for the acolyte base.. and i loved how u wrote pietro's troubles there.. definitely a good choice to write that. liked how u did the x-men. speically scott's obsession with the simulator. he doesnt seem like the guy taht wulda sat in lance's recovery room..but it was nice to c him as the good guy towards the 'hood for once. other than that.. besides loving the story and the way u space things.. this uberly long review is done!

o..and.. u being an engineer made me admire u all the more.. iv always wanted to go into aerospace... ;P hope for hte future for me!