Reviews for I Wait
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Those last lines... Ice to my soul. Brilliant.
daiquirip chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
AW so sweet. I think the bit about "the jewel of our making" is really good.
Huinesoron chapter 1 . 10/15/2003
I guess she loves him, then?

But wouldn't it be annoying if you were reading this out loud? People would think you had an obsession with saying 'love' . . .

Good ficlet, though. I feel enriched.

hS

Ps. Yes, I'm from the PPC board. You may recognise me.
TDWidow chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Poor Celebrian :( To never see her daughter again...
Phoenix Flight chapter 1 . 9/6/2003
"But to the children of Elrond a choice was also appointed: to pass with him from the circles of the world; or if they remained, to become mortal and die in Middle-earth. For Elrond, therefore, all chances of the War of the Ring were fraught with sorrow."

"None saw her last meeting with Elrond her father, for they went up into the hills and there spoke long together, and bitter was their parting that should endure beyond the ends of the world."

I have always thought that the worst fanfiction I ever read was the one that casually mentioned that Elrond "thought it was about time she got off on her own." That is the only one I can think of that filled me with blinding rage.

Anyway, on to your wonderful vignette:

This is beautifully written! And from me that's /praise/. It almost broke my heart.

PS. When are you going to continue Probability?
Luhtarian chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
The tears are pouring from my eyes. Beautiful!
Analia the 1st chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
I was just going through my fav authors listing when I happened upon your pen name. I wondered why I had add you to my list so I decided to take a look at what you wrote. And I must say, I am very glad I did.

You don't see very much Celebrin fanfiction because evebody likes the idea of the loveless marrige and they just sweep Celebrin under the carpet of "In Valinor, not important."

I really like your POV of her, and all I have to say is wow. That's good. Keep up the good work. I love it.
Little Miss AJ chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
This is wonderful! I love it. It's so sad but beautiful at the same time. It's on my favourite list once I've finished typing this.
kai chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
*sniff* that was beautiful, thals.
French Pony chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
I think I shall have to give this a mixed review. It is nicely economical, and there are some truly wonderful turns of phrase:

"Now my heart beats faster, for today I shall be reunited with my children and my loveā€¦"

"Now shall my hours bear their rightful fruit of joy."

"Where is she, the jewel of our making?"

These three sentences are marvellously crafted. And there is quite a punch to the piece as a whole.

I do think it's a little purple, though. There is something in it that speaks to me of bosoms heaving in a Wagnerian style. I suppose it's all the mention of waiting and waiting and all the years - I'm not sure time works that way in Valinor, and I don't think an immortal being would be quite so concerned about years. Concerned, yes, but maybe not so much.

Generally good and well executed, though
Tigerleo88 chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
I really liked this story. Really well written. It's fantastic from Celebrian's point of view.

Good Job!
Reikah chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
Ouch. Wow. Such small words, to describe a thing so beautiful...
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
Oh... very short but packs a punch! It's an amazing piece - the way you got all the feelings into it. And so sad at the end.

Great story thingy.
Kimberly chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
wow. this is good. i mean really good. good job.
lome chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
Often, the forgotten allow for the most emotion. Well versed and bitter sweet.