Reviews for Drownded
aranel-glorfindel chapter 3 . 11/27/2007
Oh my it's so sad, but extremely well written. I wrote a tragedy about them drowning as well, though it is much shorter-and they sink. Thanks!
Merewen Celebrindal chapter 5 . 4/16/2006
*sobbing and clapping at the same time* Brilliant! Bravo bravo! I loved it! It certainly explains what happened that fateful evening on the river. *bawls* Poor Fwodo! The poor thing! Oh, and Cady sounds so sweet! I really liked him, I wish Tolkien had put him as one of the main characters in the LotR books. Anyways, I loved it. Very sad, very sweet. Brilliant writing! I could just picture it all like a movie!
Raven Aorla chapter 5 . 7/19/2004
The human interactions and Frodo's grief is nailed perfectly. At first I was angry with Primula, but now, as it was regarded afterwards, it feels like an unfortunate accident. High time someone wrote an excellent account of the departure of Frodo's parents.
Raven Aorla chapter 4 . 7/18/2004
I started tearing up when Frodo saw the graves, and barely escaped crying harder when he was given chamomile tea. It is a very metaphorical touch, how Frodo has to drink "the bitter cup".
Raven Aorla chapter 2 . 7/18/2004
The first chapter was very sweet, and I'm eager to continue in spite of the sadness of the ending of this. I stopped to review to notice the coin in the party cake, and how it has similarities to a short story by JRR Tolkien: "The Smith of Wootton Major", an excellent little fantasy. Was this intentional?
Ailsa89 chapter 5 . 8/9/2003
Wow- that was such a moving piece of writing. I really liked the way you personified all those names that Tolkien only hinted at. Cady was such a sweetheart!

A truly beautiful story.

A.J x
Aemilia Rose chapter 5 . 7/24/2003
Aw! Poor Frodo! Thinks he has to go live under a tree! Poor little guy.

This was a great story. You're an amazing author, and I'm only sad that it's over already.

Write more great fics in the future!
Kit5 chapter 5 . 7/24/2003
That was a very powerful scene with Frodo at his little sister's grave; it was an understandable reaction that he would blame her, for lack of anyone else to blame.

I agree with you about Frodo and Valinor; I think if he had remained behind, he would have grown more and more drawn into himself until he might have truly decided life was not worth living. It is not the ending we wanted to see, but "happily ever after" was not an option for Frodo at the end of the book, nor is it here.

An excellent story-thank you.
sdrtkjdr6yjdrtyj6uxe6xe46j chapter 5 . 7/23/2003
Well Done! Brava!

The ending of the story was wonderful and showed quite clearly the grief and yet the resiliency of the young.

And I must give you special credit for your afterwords. It is important to educate folks about the very real issues and problems that you addressed in your story.
Orangeblossom Took1 chapter 5 . 7/23/2003
*sobs* poor little Frodo. It is all the more tragic because we know he will lose so much more in his life. Beautiful, melancholy story FP. You're very talented. Thank you.
Pippinfan1988 chapter 4 . 7/17/2003
Wow...you weren't kidding when you said the story dealt with dark issues! But very well written! I'm anticipating the last chapter...

Pippinfan
shirebound chapter 4 . 7/17/2003
Oh how heartbreaking, and yet how hobbit-like (the detail about the wills was excellent). With every chapter, I'm more anxious to find out "what happens next"!
Aemilia Rose chapter 4 . 7/17/2003
Aww! This is so sad! Poor Frodo! He needs a hug!

Update soon!
sdrtkjdr6yjdrtyj6uxe6xe46j chapter 4 . 7/16/2003
Again, perfectly expressed, the shock, the 'grace' passes children get after losing a parent, the hush hush of the adults, how other kids are really tentative toward the young person who has lost a parent, almost like it might become contageous. Been there, been through all of it.
Orangeblossom Took1 chapter 4 . 7/16/2003
Poor Frodo! I know he will miss his childhood home as well as his parents. Excellent chapter.