Reviews for Walking into Darkness
VorpalSward chapter 5 . 1/3/2014
Oh goodness. For some reason I started reading this story under the assumption that it was complete (who knows why, really), and found myself getting more and more caught up in the tale with each chapter! Great writing-I hope you plan to come back to this story one day?
BlueSapphire92 chapter 5 . 8/22/2008
I really like this story. Are you planning on updating it? I would love to read more.
katquest2000 chapter 5 . 4/5/2005
Please continue the story.
grumpy chapter 5 . 3/25/2005
So glad to see another chapter of your story. Glad that Aragorn and Elladan had a little talk, and that Elladan outmanoeuvered him. looking forward to more
lindahoyland chapter 5 . 3/20/2005
Very moving,you make me feel for the characters
Shadowed Flames chapter 5 . 3/20/2005
Wow. I dont understnad how I could have missed this story. Anyways, I love it! An excellent lesson in Philosophy :D
Quickbeam1 chapter 2 . 3/19/2005
*Continued Review For Chapter 5*

I was so excited by the new chapter that I forgot to mention in my chapter 5 review that I was so glad Aragorn could not dissuade Elladan from joining him on his journey through the Paths of the Dead. I could not imagine that whatever excuses Aragorn offered up to him, Elladan would willingly agree to allow his brother to go on without him. Well done!

Sue *who is still beaming and in the heightened state of enthusiasm over this new chapter that she's probably forgotten to mention something else in this second review* :)
Quickbeam1 chapter 5 . 3/19/2005
I was expecting an e-mail this morning from a family member, but when I saw it was from FFN and then a new chapter from you I gasped aloud (literally) in both disbelief and delight.

It has been too long, but the wait was well worth it for this chapter was breathtakingly beautiful. Yes, I know it was dark and somewhat melancholy at points, but your wording was exquisite and your characterizations brilliant. I LOVE your Aragorn, Elladan, and Elrohir. They are the best of the best IMHO. Your Eowyn too was impeccable. And I'm not just saying this because I want more (which of course I do!) but because it is such a pleasure to read such wonderfully crafted writing that is so in tune with the vision Tolkien had for his characters.

I hope there will be more to come, and I thank you for continuing on with one of my most favorite LOTR's tales.

Sue
AM aka Noriel chapter 5 . 3/19/2005
"It might take me a while to post the next one but I promise not to abandon it." 18 months is a long while but I don't care, I'm so happy that the drought is over and you're back.

'Then we will go together,’ he conceded with a weary smile. ‘And if there is darkness under the mountain, I will glad of the brightness of Elves to light my way.’ Glad to see their reconciliation and looking forward to the paths.
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 10/18/2004
This is a very perceptive and chilling tale which does a great job of telling what Tolkien didn't.I loved it and hope one day you will add more.
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
This is a really well written story. It's been quite some time since you last updated, though. Do you plan on ever finishing it?
tychen chapter 4 . 11/14/2003
Don't give up on this one.I enjoy all of your work,and should have posted a review sooner,as I have had you of your other stories "Ranger to King",is an all time favorite which one of my son's kindly printed off,and it went on holiday with me!You say that hurt/comfort does not appeal in itself,but you write it so well in again if you can,or any other LOTR posting would be welcome.I look in hope.
e chapter 4 . 10/27/2003
Hey, are you giving this up? Please show that you aren't! It's been too long since the last update!
Sue chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
I meant to ask this question when I originally reviewed your last story. Was the title for it in anyway related to the Enya's song, 'Distant Shore'? It is a beautiful song IMHO and one of my favorites. Looking forward to more of "Walking into Darkness."
Turner chapter 4 . 9/10/2003
FANTASTIC ! ! !

What a chapter..

I can't begin to express my gratitude to you. For someone like me who is new to Tolkien's world you give the story depth and meaning that I wouldn't necessarily receive from the book. Thank you.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »