Reviews for Recnac Transfaerso
Disassembly of Reason chapter 16 . 11/9/2003
Boy, if I were a Gryffindor taking Potions from Snape, I'd be impressed with Eloise's test score, too. And o, Malfoy's got a bad case of sour grapes – he only got a C compared to Eloise's A. *happy little dance* (celebony, you're catching, you realize.)

The start of a beautiful friendship – well, I don't know the word, actually, but "friendship" is too strong just yet. Harry's automatic wisecrack about Snape was triggered before his brain kicked in to remind him that Snape helped him when he really needed it. But Harry's got the grit to admit to himself that he shouldn't have said that, and to stand up to his friends on the subject later on. I agree with Dumbledore that it takes *real* nerve to stand up to one's friends.

Framing Eloise's test paper for her is a cute gesture; Neville's little addition is an interesting sidelight on him, as we rarely get much chance in canon to see his sense of humour. (He's usually being terrorized by Snape, or suffering over the memory of his parents, or whatnot. Celebony has shown us Neville's humour elsewhere, though, in one of Harry's study sessions for Potions.)

And having lulled the reader into a sense of fluffy goodness, the opposite technique from inserting a humor scene to break dramatic tension...

Nasty wakeup call after the framed test score, that Harry's coughing up blood. Celebony seems to be using genuine leukemia symptoms, here. (I actually looked it up, out of curiosity. Given celebony's A/N about being close to a number of cancer patients in real life, not surprising that the details are correct.)

"Harry, he gave you detention for sneezing."

"Yeah, well, that was months ago."

That sounds like a real incident, which is hysterical – unless that was the public explanation for "Detention Discoveries", when what really happened was that Snape noticed that Harry was in inexplicable pain.

Nice setup for "Reactions" – Harry and Ron never knew, and may never know, that Snape is now aware that Harry defended him to Ron when Harry had absolutely nothing to gain by it.
PENNYPACKER chapter 29 . 11/9/2003
Why hello again I enjoyed reading this chapter,it was very has good free coke is better then you would expect.I dont know why I wrote that so just ignore it.I liked how Harry said he liked Ginny so inconspicuously(I cant spell long words).What does transfaerso mean you said somehwere in your fic but i am to lazy to look for it,I know that recnac means cancer backwards!I think that Cho should fall down a large flight of stairs and have to live in a wheelchair for the rest of her life because shes retarted.I cant think of any improvement because its just so french teacher is and he said that he's to "pretty" to change a was funny at the time.O INTRIGUING I OvERaLL yOuR StOrY Is vErY Good so keep writing it!omg u shud make a sequel called Harry and the green mongoose and the goose shud attack Harry but Harry will tame it and give it to Hagrid as a day jk...
Catiechan chapter 29 . 11/9/2003
Great chapter, sorry I hadn't reviewed in a while, but my computer refused to let me review for some reason. Anyway I loved the last two chapters and I'm so happy that Sirius wont make a dissapearing act... Thank you, you're the best. _
LiFe oF NeSteR chapter 29 . 11/9/2003

In the chptr um accidents i think, where harry is crying into sirius' shoulder, it was so perfect! i was listening 2 my music, and "in the arms of an angel" was playing, when i was reading it, just sying 'in the arms of the angel, may you find some comfort here." and it was like, so perfect! but i luv it, and i cant w8 to find out more! please upd8 soon. hugs n kisses

kathfire chapter 29 . 11/9/2003

wow, another brilliant chapter. I've been checking every day to see if you update. I really love this story and I don't have that very often. This time I took the precausion though, of reading it in my room when I was alone ;)
gwenastar22 chapter 29 . 11/8/2003
i read your whole story in one day. a very nice distraction from work i might add. Its excellent writing. I'm very impressed by your portrayal of Snape. Normally when people try to have a positive relationship between harry and snape its completely unrealistic but you wrote it very well. My eyes were filled with tears for a few moments in the story. You just can't let him die...well you can,and this story will still be amazing. Oh well just call me a sucker for happy endings when it comes to harry potter. By the way i love Moulin rouge though my fave part is the elephant love medley. Oh and the harry ginny part...would you start something up with them if harry was going to die so soon? i wonder... i guess i'll just have to wait until u update, please don't take long! :)
Autumn Breeze chapter 29 . 11/8/2003
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I love your story.. it flows so smoothly and perfectly.. I'm incredibly impressed. Keep writing and posting quickly! None of us out here can wait to see what happens to harry
PhoenixPadfoot89 chapter 29 . 11/8/2003
This is an excellent story! I really love it! It's got a wonderful plot, explinations, and not very many cliffies~! I'm glad that you didn't have Draco suddenly warm up to Harry and become his best friend after he saved his life! This story is really going great, and I can't wait for the next update! (hey, that rhymed! And I' Ok, that was stupid. I'm no cupid! Alright, I'll stop. Before you pop!:)

So please update soon! I can't wait!
Makotochi chapter 29 . 11/7/2003
Well I just spent the last 4 hours reading your story (I have no life) and I must say it is an excellent story. I look forward to more
Eowyn of Ithilien chapter 29 . 11/7/2003
Wow, I don't even remember the Confundus charm...I'm more of a LOTR person. I can recall little details from those books, but I don't remember HP details all that much...I learn something with every review. I think that's cool that you expanded its function. I didn't think anyone wanted Rod Stewart...thanks for confirming for me...

YAY! Draco returns! I love his little, evil bum...warmongers...that word is funny in itself.

Speaking of words, I noticed the word discretely more than once and thought...what an awesome

Harry/Hermione- How touching was that scene between Harry and Hermione? I think you wrote Hermione so well and I loved your reference to the next big adventure mixed in with fear.

I also really appreciated Ron and Hermione's thoughts about why Harry didn't want to get behind in his schoolwork. As I've written before, there have been a few cases of cancer in my family. If I had to pick the worst thing about cancer, it would be that you have no control. You can only watch, which is why I especially liked Hermione's explanation that he wanted to keep control over the things that he could control.

Ron- I thought that was so funny when he wondered why he always stated the obvious...He does it so much in the books that I had come to dismiss the possibility that Ron knew he stated the obvious...The way that Ron concentrated on the potion for Harry more than he had ever concentrated in his life was so sweet...

That was unbelievably cool of Snape when he told Ron that he trusted him, a privilege not given to most.

Hehe...the line that states Crabbe spoke the longest sentence in his life was so funny to me...and when he finally spoke, he sounded like a complete redneck...idears...Ha!

As the story becomes more serious, I want to repeat something that I said in my very first review. Your power to capture the emotions of these character's is amazing...I find every chapter to be touching and effective...The characters really seem real...its awesome! Keep it up!

Eowyn of Ithilien
Liliankha chapter 29 . 11/7/2003
this story kicks ass.

it is so cool

and you are absolutely right about Cho being a bitch.

Hope harry's going to make it

pardon my grammer though.

Jamie chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
This is my favorite fanfiction story it's really great. I can't wait till the next few chapers. Please write the next chapers soon. Can't wait!
Cestrel chapter 29 . 11/7/2003
Yay! Go Charles! He's so cute, ain't he? Made me proud, the way he stood up to Vincent.

Poor Harry, h'es really starting to feel the effects of the cancer now. Will he really die? 'Cause I don't want him to.
infiniteternity chapter 29 . 11/7/2003
I'm sorry after so long I've returned? Whatever anyways. Great chapter and I think I've said this far too many times so please listen once more. Keep up the great work and update soon
W'rkncacnter chapter 29 . 11/7/2003
Yay, H/G. Please let him live. I LOVE this story, kill the B**ch, I always hated Cho. Please let him live!
4,574 | « Prev Page 1 .. 248 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 268 .. Last Next »