Reviews for Hiraeth
Nurayy chapter 32 . 6/25
The dream with the sea... it was so beautiful, so sweet, so soothing. It reminded me of the sea longing of the elves. Your descriptions are wonderful and vivid: from the smoothing waves on the sand to the feeling of the soft breeze, the quiet shape of the shores and the tongue of the gulls, the fond memories the hope and longing for the other side...hope... Such a contrast in the face of Naima's dire situation and despair. So hard to realize and relive Legolas' death again in her mind. And the despair and hopelessness that crashed back onto her. That was really emotional.
Oh no! She shouldn't destroy that device. How else shall Legolas find her!
What does she want to do now. I think I didn't really understand. I'm not so good in science, you know... does she want to destroy it, by leaping, and escape into the portal before it touches the ground? Or will she sacrifice herself leaping with it to her death? She will try, but she is not sure if she can make it. Isn't it?
jooru101 chapter 4 . 6/13
you have such a pretty way of describing the scenes, I love it! can't wait for more!
Nurayy chapter 30 . 6/12
He is alive! Thanks to Finley's armour. I'm relieved! There is hope for Naima also now. But it's hard to witness the way he feels helpless, and how the fear for her is tormenting him. All these unbearable images of her suffering, after he has seen in what state Finley was.
This was an unexpected turn in the ending. That they come to help him. What a relief! Let's go, to the rescue!
lydiavip chapter 30 . 6/11
He’s alive!
Nurayy chapter 29 . 6/4
It was as you promised. The orcs get more and more cruel, and Naima is completely trapped. So guiltridden and she doesn't see a way out. What is awaiting her is beyond cruel and horrific. And to think that her actions could possible cause the destruction of both worlds...She didn't mean that, she didn't know...how could she have known! She wanted only to go home and not cause trouble at all. I'm so sorry for her. I hope there will be a rescue.
idreamofvalinor chapter 27 . 5/25
I have read the story continuously from the beginning and I am absolutely enthralled. Your style of writing, the way you describe the world and characters is so captivating. I am completely invested in Naima and Legolas’ story and truly hope that some happiness lays in their path ahead. I really don’t want them to part ways! I am now following this story and looking forward to the next update.
lydiavip chapter 27 . 5/21
Nooooo how could you end it like that! Right after he declared his love for her *sobs*
Nurayy chapter 26 . 5/15
I loved your description of the sky, what nice, vivid image.
- 'Glancing behind her, she saw that he walked with his face towards the sky, eyes wide open as he basked in moonlight. The pale, white light transmuted his golden hair into silver, a feat that no alchemist had ever managed to achieve.' - That is such a wonderful sight of Legolas. I'm all mesmerized like Naima. And then she was the one who tripped, after she had been warning him. I had to smile at her clumsiness, both in step and in words. And then talking about their stars and themselves, getting so close again, with all the prickling it causes. It started out so light somehow and sweet.
And then NO! It happened so suddenly. Although I suspected it was just the calm before the storm, because this attack was longtime looming.
'the shadows of the grove came alive, moving forward in a rapacious crawl...' The way you write this is so cool, so frightening. Makes me shudder.
I'm so afraid of what they will do with them.
Nurayy chapter 25 . 5/8
I like with how much accuracy you describe the interactions of the three, the mimics, the reactions and words to each other, Naima's thoughts and attentive observations. The tension between them is palpable. And I like your descriptions of the surroundings, with such beautiful flow of words. It is as I am there and I can see it all and feel the cold, the snowflakes. I like Naima more and more, her sweetness, her insecurity, her selfreproaches. The scene with the falling snow, her face turned upwards, was great, made me smile.
The scene with the dragon was absolutely terrifying. And I loved how it brought them close, communicating intimately with their hands. But then as the danger lessens, that closeness is gone. Although we can feel they both long for it. You bring them close and then part them again, bringing forth the conflict of their differencies, and the feelings of guilt. It is hard to watch.
And they are going with Ketja in the end. I'm still so afraid for them.
lydiavip chapter 23 . 4/29
Nooo dont let her go Legolas!
Nurayy chapter 23 . 4/25
Good that Legolas is suspicious about the woman. He is very sensitive and he can feel something is wrong, although he cannot quite place it exactly. He has much experience, but I hope it will be enough for him to realize soon where the danger really lies.
Naima is getting herself directly into it. Completely oblivious. Oh, the tension...
Raider-K chapter 22 . 4/24
I’m glad Legolas is not so naive as to blindly trust this woman. He’s seen a lot in his years and would be pretty cagey, I think.
Raider-K chapter 21 . 4/24
It’s great seeing our characters together in this chapter! Very sweet!
Raider-K chapter 20 . 4/24
Ah, I like how the storylines have converged.
Raider-K chapter 18 . 4/24
Great action sequence in this chapter.