Reviews for Dismay
Ka-ris Tasogare chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Wow
this should have come with a 'powerful story' rating
not sure of exactly where this might be in relation to the series, but really it doesn't much matter.
A drunken one night stand is bad, when it is with someone you Really love it is far worse.
thank you for capturing that, and the horror of the morning after.
kffs chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Whoa.
Nicely done
nobodyshouldknow chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Wow
ANARCHY RULES chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Really good. You captured his voice perfectly
Wittgen chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
I love this story. You perfectly capture Xander, and you really make me feel for him. It also sort of evokes a hatred for Buffy because using a friend for sex? Not particularly likable. The only thing wrong with it is that it stands alone. Maybe once you finish Water Hold Me Down and your Africander fic, inspiration will strike? If so, I look forward to it, as I look forward to anything you write.
Garret pi chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Good story, you might try doing a mirror image fic for this, one dealing with the repercussions of that one night stand from Buffy's POV.

Also, as the canonical season 8 has shown, Buffy DOES NOT just think of Xander as a brother.

Joss has spoken, those that claimed it was a Brother sister relationship have been proven to be unequivocally wrong.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
first loved your story. buffy would have sex with xander if she need to feel loved make a part two please please.
Tatsu Satsuki chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
My, that gives a whole new twist to the old saying 'Talking to god on the great white telephone'!

Well written and internally consistent, you have a great feel for the Xander voice; something that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I don't understand why one of your reviewers is ranting on so much about canon, if they can't ignore their own prejudices to appreciate a well written story, well, that is their loss, especially as you have a very clear pairing warning at the top of your fic.

Ignore them and keep writing, the rest of us enjoy your work.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
Damn, nice work.
Aurora Snowstorm chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
This story was amazing, so emotional. I can not get over how well you write. Poor Xander, I love the angst. Keep writing, because you just write the kind of quality fanfiction which is hard to find these days.
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
Wow. This was really good. Great Xander POV. And sigh! Buffy is still using sex as a way of escape from the real world. I would have thought she'd have learned her lesson by now.

The only thing I would have added to this story is Xander reflecting on how this must have been how Spike felt. Having Buffy, but not HAVING her.

Anyway, I really liked this. Great job.
Annakovsky chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
Poor Xander.

Really liked the voice here, and it was funny and sad and believable. I could imagine this happening, and like how it fits into all the rest of Xander's reliability and being taken for granted in the group. Nice work.
Anatoli chapter 1 . 7/3/2003
It just wouldn't happen. Buffy doesn't have those feelings for Xander.
Luddite Robot chapter 1 . 7/2/2003
Pay no attention to the non-B/X shippers. In fanfic, B/X is as valid as any other pairing.

And explain Xander's post-"Entropy" anger toward Spike without bringing in a continuing flame held by Xander for Buffy. I can't.

I really enjoyed the monologue, and thought it was very well-written. Great response to the challenge.
Jara chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
Oh, please. Buffy has NO romantic interest in Xander. She treats him like a brother. B/X is absolutely ridiculous because there is NO basis for it on the show, at least from Buffy's end. She doesn't care for Xander that way and any story that tries to say she would ever willingly have sex with him is hobbled at its basis. Plus, Xander's romantic feelings for Buffy very clearly died years ago. He was not carrying a torch for her all the while he was with Anya. Simply ridiculous. Make it a bit more implausible, why don't you? Have Buffy jump Giles instead. That would do it.