Reviews for Maester Wolf (revised)
Guest chapter 2 . 8/8/2023
Meh, I can't see how this fanfic has garnered such positive ratings.
It's boring.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/15/2023
Oh yeah, because all the Stark banner men would keep their secrets if they were about to be castrated
Batros940 chapter 29 . 7/12/2023
I think you forgot that you had Robb disinherit Sansa to keep this very plan of Tywinn from working.
Batros940 chapter 26 . 7/12/2023
Good chapter. Shane about Joey's, I was really enjoying the progress of her and Jon's relationship. It was a breath of fresh air from the usual relationships Jon gets stuck with. As for the Tyrells being dumb of course they are. If Olenna Tyrell was as smart as she is claimed to be she would have done her best to convince Renly to have his Stirmland forces march with the Tyrell host against the Lannisters, helping the North and River run until Tywinn is dead and the Lannister forces broken beyond repair. Then go after Stannis and Joffrey. After all Joffrey only has power so long as Tywinn was backing him with the forces of the Lannister army. Plus seeing Renly leading the four armies and being victorious against the Lannisters might have convinced the Stormlanders with Stannis to switch sides. So yes the Tyrells are idiots and deserved everything that happens to them.
Batros940 chapter 24 . 7/11/2023
I would hope Catelyn isn't dumb enough to believe a word of Bealish's lies after her and Robb were told the truth about the knife from Renly. I hope Arya has the sense to go and tell Rob what mischief Bealish and Catelyn are discussing. I'm more surprised that Rob is letting Bealish walk around with Armed guards to keep him from causing crap like this.
Batros940 chapter 4 . 7/9/2023
I recognized the inspiration of Caesar crossing the Rhine as soon as Jon mentioned the pylons. I'm glad to see a story that has the north actually use their heads to figure out ways to deal with problems like the Frey's bridge. I'm looking forward to reading more of this and can't wait to see the carnage Jon's machines will cause. Siege weapons a a favorite of mine to learn about warfare. Something I feel that George Martin left out alot probably because he doesn't think they matter in the battlefield.
Sraya chapter 16 . 7/4/2023
Oh my God could someone beat Lady catelyn to a steaming and bloody pulp
GMEV31 chapter 1 . 6/1/2023
I love it so much
BasiliskSlayer7 chapter 36 . 5/29/2023
This story never gets old, I've read it a few times now and it blows me away the amount of work you've put into this. All your sources at the end of every chapter are amazing, and really add another layer to your story telling, its phenomenal to be able to learn aspects of history you've clearly researched and put into the story. Can't wait to get into the sequel again. Thank you.
Shazamfan chapter 36 . 5/25/2023
A long power read through this one. Amazing! Jon was Brutal! Enjoyed the many battles and threats issued by Jon. Was sad to see Robb suffer a Red Wedding but it was well done. As for Cat I think you did her well. She made many of the same mistakes as in the book. I kept thinking maybe this time she won’t be dumb enough to let Jamie go and yet she did and suffered the same fate.

Tywin just can’t know when to quit.

I hope Gerry and Tyrion met. I will attack the sequel tomorrow! Thanks for a fun ride so far!

Winter is Coming!
RuneFather chapter 36 . 5/7/2023
Phenomenal writing.
RuneFather chapter 22 . 5/6/2023
Just wanted to say this is absolutely amazing.
chinalatina28 chapter 5 . 5/4/2023
Blackfish arrives! Like a rockstar!
musadak.khalid chapter 36 . 4/7/2023
I don’t get the end … why release the prisoners for nothing ?
Guy chapter 33 . 3/25/2023
The King's Landing heist was excellent- well written and fun. But having things go imperfectly, let alone realistically, for Jon would provide a source of narrative tension OTHER than the villains of canon riding canon plot-rails to predetermined betrayals that DONT MAKE SENSE IN THE SITUATION YOU'VE WRITTEN.

The victory at God's Eye should have sealed the deal for Rob. Unless things went very poorly against the Ironborn or the political situation shifted Dramatically- attempting betrayal now against a string and united North/Riverlands is STUPID. Bolton's betrayal made sense, it was opportunistic at an opportune moment. The Red Wedding made sense in canon- It was opportunistic at an opportune moment when the North was falling apart.
Your writing is downgrading so many Interesting and Dangerous Connivers into merely Stupid-Evil Plot Devices, which is a shame because you set a really high bar elsewhere
362 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »