Reviews for Waterdeep Dragon Heist
Makareth chapter 16 . 5/17
Looks like Sky was right! I really like your description of the carnival; and the fog on the docks bit paints a pretty cool picture in my head.

I also loved the part with Jhelnae messing up the room XD

Great chapter, as always!
GerryWright chapter 16 . 5/17
A lot of nice touches in this chapter. I like the ruse of a romantic encounter to get rid of the pesky host guiding Jhelnae and Aleina to their room. And the carnival was also a nice touch. It makes the whole scene feel more real and alive.

As far as I am concerned, you don't have to apologize for adding things to the published campaign. I do it all the time, even when I am DM'ing, not just when I am writing. :) And if something in the published campaign doesn't make sense, I don't see why you can't change things a little so that it makes more sense.

Your stories are very engaging, and I always wait impatiently for the next chapter/
Daxxers chapter 15 . 5/10
I liked the Sky-Kuhl tussle. Seems quite in character for Sky to "show, not tell".

This chapter moved the story along, and quickly and amusingly gets the reader information from Sky's stories rather than writing/reading a few chapters that would have to detail her investigations. Nice summarization trick!
GerryWright chapter 15 . 5/9
My, my! Sky does get herself into some situations! I am interested in seeing how this all works out. Despite her unorthodox methods, Sky seems to get things done.
Daxxers chapter 14 . 5/3
Love Ront! I missed him.

Beheaded elves. That is a little grisly. Looking forward to seeing how that adventure goes sideways for Kuhl!
GerryWright chapter 14 . 5/2
The plot thickens, and my head is spinning! I do hope that Aleina gets some sort of revenge on that rotten reporter!
GerryWright chapter 13 . 5/2
Hmmm. We are begin set up for a surprise, I suspect. What news will the orc bring?
Makareth chapter 13 . 4/29
Oh dear. XD Love the beholderkin fight scene, and the conversation about the books. Not a terrible start to a detective business!
Lumen del Mari chapter 13 . 4/28
- Sky and Kuhl rescue a cat from a gazer

I hadn't known that was what they were called. This should definitely be interesting!

- but the folded parchment placed on display of where it had been still advertised in flowing script, “Shocking Tales of Elven Desire, rare find and a titillating page turner!”

When I first read the chapter last night, I remember thinking, Aleina and Jhelnae would probably want that book. And then later... :D

- she didn’t have eyes of tear ducts

I think you meant, for.

- He could just see the bottom of the now open door and the hem of the store owner’s, Uza Solizeph’s, night dress and also her feet - one wearing a slipper and the other bare.

Poor thing. I do hope she finds her other slipper.

- A gray blur darted from behind one shelf of books against the far wall

So cute!

- A bolt from the side punched right through the little monster and it fell to tumble out of the air and out of Kuhl’s view.

I have to ask because I don't think this was every actually addressed in the chapter. Is it dead? What did they do with it? How did it even get there? I have so many questions!

She clutched [the cat/Nutmeg] tight against her chest

- Nutmeg immediately growled in protest. But as Sky picked her way past all the fallen books down the aisle, the cat calmed.

The idea of a cat person, carrying around a cat is extremely amusing to me.

- A game board with a stylized map of Waterdeep was on the tabletop and also four wine glasses and a bottle.

I'm assuming they are playing the Faerun version of Monopoly...but there was a split second that I thought it might be Settlers of Catan. :D I enjoyed this scene quite a bit because I think it is the first time Dariya and Bonnie have had actual screen time. Nice to know that they have been treating Fargas and Surash well!

- “It sounds…” for some reason the spasm of a grimace crossed the aasimar’s face. “Utterly fascinating.”

Poor Kuhl. Tries to do something nice for Aleina and...I imagine there might have been an eye twitch accompanying that grimace as well.

- “And last we have Shocking Tales of Elven Desire ,” Sky said, displaying their last book.
“Well, I know what I’ll be reading while you are reading about the Silver Fox,” Aleina said. “While also educating myself more about the High Forest of course.” That last bit sounded a lot like a hasty afterthought.

Nice save, Aleina.

- The four players were treated to only a few moments of this quiet bliss before a heavy tread up the stairs interrupted them and Ront entered the room. “I need to talk to you,” the orc announced in his gruff manner, then glared at Bonnie and Dariya. “Alone.”

I have been wondering what Ront has been up to. We haven't seen much of him since he met the female orc/half-orc(?) at the Yawning Portal. I can't remember precisely all the details but I know it's been a hot minute.

Of course would leave it at a cliffhanger!
Though...I fully realize in saying that, I am the pot calling the kettle black. ;)

Nice to see another chapter. The light heartedness was nice after Jhelnae's turmoil last chapter. So many things brewing the background now. Can't wait to see where it ultimately leads.
Daxxers chapter 13 . 4/27
Ront knows how to get his way. Kuhl is way too nice.

That Tabaxi has a too much luck on her side. Suspicious.

I think you have "war" where it should be "wall".
Daxxers chapter 12 . 4/25
"Guess we'll never know what that was about." Yeah, right. More trouble.

Aleina seems a bit of a mother-hen.

Your characters are busy in this chapter:
- the Eilestraeen problem (which might be solved once the Eilestreeans learn about Jhelnae's Lolth connection - Invitation revoked!)

- they will soon appear in the newspaper?

- Gnome-demon issue

- growing relationship between Aleina and Jhelnae. Has Kuhl missed his chance with the Aasimar?

- and everything else going on with TrollSkull Manor and a detective agency, and.., and... Busy . busy!
Makareth chapter 12 . 4/22
I like the further insight on the characters' histories. The description of the cliff-side walkway was also really cool!
GerryWright chapter 12 . 4/18
Hmmm. The Eilistraeens are still after Jhelnae. Aleina admits that she was in danger of becoming "rich bitch". A pleasant morning walk turns into an encounter with an unknown monster in a graveyard. You put in twists and turns at a rapid rate. I can't wait to see where this all goes. ;-)
Daxxers chapter 11 . 4/9
Jhelaea sure is popular. Thay wizards, Eilistaeens, her mom, Lolth, and Succubi. Poor girl.

Oh no! A cat in danger. We will work for free! Very funny stuff!
GerryWright chapter 11 . 4/9
No need to apologize for the length of the chapter. My motto is that you should tell the story you want to tell and let the chapter be as long as it ends up being.

Lots of interesting things initiated here. The baby beholder causing trouble above ground. Sky wanting to be a detective. Jhelnae having to fend off yet another attempt at getting her into the worship of Eilistraee. The adventurers running a tavern. The plot thickens!

Anyway, I enjoyed reading the chapter.
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »