Reviews for Kaeru's Song
Ganheim chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
they had no chance to do any major damage.

[I would think ‘killing humans’ would be noteworthy damage. I’d think instead of noting that would be stating that they fought amongst themselves as much as outside would better serve the flow of the narrative]

There is more to being a knight than just brave deeds.

[Glenn already knows this – there’s a cutscene in Chrono Trigger where Cyris is trying to convince Glenn to join and Glenn says ‘Could I bring myself to kill someone’? This says that he’s a man who thinks about what he’s about to do, not just the actions but the ramifications]

The metal slipped from its sheath as though it was water, soundless and reflectionless.

[If they were that concerned about stealth, they’d have drawn their swords before. The draw makes noise, if they need to be silent than they walk with blades out]

with hands that were not used to wielding weapons.

[As skilled as he remains in the game, I don’t think this is an appropriate descriptor]

though he would not recall how he managed to get both himself and Cyrus back onto their horses and back to the castle.

[He didn’t, Glenn woke up at the base of the cliff to see the Hero Medal wash up next to him]

I am Kaeru, Frog.”

[Repetitious: ‘kaeru’ is Japanese for ‘frog’. Pick one, and as the story is in English I recommend that one]

It’s difficult to try to go back and fill in history and scenes for the secondary characters, but I felt that this was anti-climactic (besides also not being true to the world in which it took place: there’s a lot of things that just don’t fit with Middle Age combat, besides also disagreeing with the implications I thought I saw of the events in the game). One of those things being that Glenn was already a knight by this point, but that’s a small point.
nobleknightkaeru chapter 1 . 9/28/2003
Oh...my...GOD! That was so freaking awesome. It made me cry ;.; And the song that you mentioned several times... genius, pure genuis.

I'm currently in the process of writing the battle with Magus for my fic... and I can only hope that it'll turn out half as a good as yours. So wonderful, good job
Windy Bakura chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
I feel like I should give you a standing ovation (don't know how to spell the word) for writing such a beautiful story. Bravo!
Melody chapter 1 . 6/28/2003
I think this is GREAT. Depressing, yes, but that part of the story was supposed to be sad. I think you conveyed the emotions very well. Great work.