Reviews for Storm Front
Marin-sama chapter 13 . 5/11/2014
I know it's been a long time since you last update, but please, don't give up o this story! It is great! I really, really hope you continue writing it! :)
Marin-sama chapter 11 . 5/11/2014
Oh my God! This is such a great story! I started reading it today, and I couldn't stop! I mean I just stopped to look for the chapters that are not here in . I could not find them on your profile, but I've found them on this site: fanfic/view_ /20456/76272#fic_c
You are such a great writer! I do hope you update this fic someday! Thanks very much for writing it. I never paid much atention to Raine, only Laguna. But now I like her as much as I like Laguna and Squall. (Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language)
Bebedora chapter 13 . 4/9/2013
This is so sweet! I can't believe I never saw this before! Raine and Laguna are my favorite pair from the game. I know this hasn't been updated in quite some time, but I hope you'll decide to continue it at some point.

Also, I would be interested in reading the chapters not listed, but I couldn't find them with the link on your profile. Help!

I hope that you update this, it's too good to let fall to the wayside.
B
IcegoddessLexra chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
OMG ARAFEL. I just read YOUR WHOLE story (even the chapters you removed, and might I say 'saucy') and just ;3; ASJKLDFHADSKLJFHASDJKLFH This is just so adorable.

I rp as Laguna on Tumblr. My username is Moombaliberator. And HYNE! This fanfiction. ASDFHJASDF YOU MA'AM HAVE TUGGED AT MY HEART STRINGS.

Also a long time ago I read your other FFVIII fanfic with Squall and Laguna and Raine and T3T I had no idea you were the author of that drabble when a friend (My Raine to my Laguna 3) recommended this to me. GAAAH I HOPE YOU'RE CONTINUING THIS ;3;
CielFury chapter 13 . 11/30/2012
Wow. I love this story! It's rare to see this pairing in fanfics (it's always Squinoa haha) but this was very romantic, endearing, funny, sad, and just beautiful. I hope you update soon, your writing is one of the best I've ever seen. I was hooked from the first chapter and that's a great thing. Favorited! _
Guest chapter 13 . 7/4/2012
I love the story. Cant wait till the next chapter.
Anne chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
This is pretty well-written so far, although Raine doesn't really seem like the Raine I remember from the game :/..she seems a bit, uh, more cynical? lol.
Ariels Lament chapter 13 . 12/29/2011
I wanted to read this through a couple of times first, in hopes of writing a potentially tangible review. Knowing me, though, that's pretty unlikely to happen no matter what. :P

Although I've been in love with the characters and story for years, I've only recently gotten this game. And, somehow, it's turned out to be Laguna who stands out to me the most. He's just too gosh darn loveable! And tragic. And I'm surprised at how few Laguna/Raine fics there are around here, though I'm glad I was able to find one as wonderfully written as this one. In fact, I can't believe it doesn't have more reviews than it does... :/

I love Raine's personality. I think you have her down perfectly given what little dialogue she had in the game. She's just what he needs to stay somewhat grounded in reality. And Ellone...oh goodness, Ellone. So cute! All three of these characters together are just adorable, and you've depicted what their lives may have been like so well.

I also enjoyed the idea of Raine being able to hold her own in a battle. It's honestly nothing that had ever occurred to me, though it makes sense, seeing as how the town is far from plentiful on the monster front.

So...in short, I love it, and I really do hope to see another chapter sometime soon. Maybe then I'll wibble less and constructively criticize more. :)
Tilmitt chapter 13 . 9/4/2011
I wish I would have found this story sooner, it's just so lovely. You put in little references to the game without making them glaringly obvious or superfluous. Also, first-person narrative usually turns me away from a story, but your Raine (and everyone else, for that matter) are so perfectly characterized that I didn't even think about it until a few chapters in.

Your pacing is perfect, too. They're definitely the kind of people who would just dance around each other for over a year without ever realizing the other was. The way their relationship developed and had it's fair share of bad/awkward moments gave it a really natural, organic feel that a lot of stories skip over.

Ugh, it's just perfect all over- I'm not sure where to stop fangirling! Haha.
Starlight Sanctuary chapter 13 . 6/23/2011
Well, its four in the morning where I am. I have been reading this story since 1 AM. Needless to say, unlike many of the authors on this site, your writing style has caught my eye. It flows and its not overly complicated or simple. As for the story, I have enjoyed this story so much thus far. I absolutely cannot wait for the next chapter. Keep up the amazing work! :)

~Starlight Sanctuary
Starlight Sanctuary chapter 12 . 6/23/2011
Can I just start with 'I love this story'? In all honesty, I really do. It is so well written and very well organized. I always felt dissatisfied with the fact that we can ask Laguna in Esthar 'about Raine', but he never actually tells us anything other than 'That is a story for another time... no... its too much for me to bear' such like that. If only Square wasn't so horrible as to leave lose ends. I've always wanted to imagine what it could have been like when he had his injury, however, this story puts my curiosity to rest. This story is satisfying enough for me to just pretend that this is what happened in that time span. Thank you so much for being the amazing writer that you are. I have yet to finish what has been written thus far, but I'm eager to read chapter 15. :D

~Starlight Sanctuary
Saihei chapter 13 . 6/5/2011
I love RainexLaguna, hope you could update sooner!
Niqsta chapter 13 . 5/19/2011
Perfect. Lovely characterisation, lovely writing, lovely pacing and flow of each chapter.

I can't imagine the game being any different from what you have illustrated.

I'm amazed at your portrayal of Raine. How you've used small bits of the game and Squall's character to sew a whole personality is truly a skill.

Well done and keep writing.

-Niqsta

P.S. Just got your message. If you'd told me sooner that I'd have to wait a while before the next chappie I would have read this slower :P
Niqsta chapter 3 . 5/14/2011
Just wanted to draw attention to this chapter because I literally LOL'd at the spanking. Good comedy you've got going.

Also, I've noticed throughout the chapters that Ellone is speaking more fluently, that's a nice little touch too :)

Niqsta chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
I checked out the reviews for this a couple of weeks ago and saw MonMonCandie had reviewed, 'that's gotta be a good LagunaxRaine story' I thought.

I promised myself to read it, but then I got busy reading another fic which was kinda more complex because I'm doing post-beta for the author. Anyway, to shorten my life story, I was in the waiting room yesterday while my sister was having her baby, and gave this a shot.

It is wonderfully done, I adore how you have captured Raine in this, and I love the scenes you've come up with to follow canon. To be honest, the whole storm at the night and finding Laguna, being brought to Raine, not only is it in-line with the game, but you've added your own romantic element to it. It just makes the whole, falling in love with the nursing woman more believable. Not that I feel Square didn't do their job properly, but that you elaborated more for us to understand how their growing relationship came about.

I hope I can review a few more chapters, haven't quite caught up with the others. But I do promise to pay more attention to this after I'm done beta-ing for that other story.

P.s. Getting inspired by Dissidia 012 - you're awesome :P