Reviews for Second Chance
Zile0 chapter 19 . 8/18/2023
Great story!
guest chapter 19 . 5/24/2022
Thanks for posting. I hope to see the sequel as soon as you've finished your current work. And thanks ~very~ much for completing your fics! I've seen more abandoned than not.
guest chapter 18 . 5/24/2022
What happened to not deliberately making enemies? Snape could have made his point clearly to Avery and Mulciber without so much aggression. It's also unlike him to reveal so much about himself to kids he's decided (reasonably) to dislike. The swift, profound change in his personality is not credible. The damage cannot just evaporate in two good years after several horrendous ones; PTSD does not act like that.
guest chapter 17 . 5/24/2022
I like Scott and am looking forward to seeing more of him.
He looks like an excellent friend for Snape. Thanks for introducing him.
guest chapter 14 . 5/24/2022
Small niggle: you left out anyone's telling McG that Snape was Eileen's son; she couldn't know from his surname.

It's great that Eileen removed any pressure Snape might have felt about the Sorting, but she seemed to speak rather too well for her current state. She has a much longer path to recovery than Snape does; she appears to be much better off than she ought. I do hope she soon recovers enough to get a job as a brewer since her own money is so short. Further, earning her own living will aid her recovery immensely.

Oh, please, ~please~ don't put Snape in Gryffindor! He shouldn't have to have all his classes - and sleep in the same room! - with the Marotter bullies. Pothead and Blackguard would still hate him - a serious, smart kid who wouldn't brownnose them like Lupin and Pettigrew - even though he isn't as easy a mark as in canon. In ~any~ other House he could have allies, maybe eventually friends; there, none.
guest chapter 13 . 5/24/2022
This is proceeding very nicely indeed. Thanks for giving Snape a better chance at happiness. I'll eagerly await the sequel.

Spoilers or not, I still think that Eileen's history plus Snape's earlier experiences would fit him best for Slytherin, and he'd do much better there with your setup. He'd have much more initial status without the obvious poverty and beaten-down look of canon, and the House would very quickly notice his obvious smarts. He'd be much less tempted to join Riddle and well placed to make allies among like-minded Slytherins, including some older ones.

If Eileen tells him he has a choice, though, and if Lily still goes to Gryffindor, he might ask for a House such that they could be friends without getting any flak. (~If~ he knows to do it! Eileen's had no contact with their world during Riddle's rise.) Snape is smart enough to do well in Ravenclaw; but the Hat might ask his reason for requesting a House other than Slytherin and decide that his answer suits him for Hufflepuff (loyalty and determination to work hard).

Also, I hope he's healed enough to stop and think: to use some Slytherin strategy re. the train, maybe choosing the hindmost compartment so they'd be left alone. He ~is~ still shy, after all. (That'd have the enormous advantage of avoiding the incipient Marotters - name from Alethea27 - who'd be too busy posturing up ahead ever to reach them.)
guest chapter 2 . 5/23/2022
A good start, and I like that Snape will not be driven to the DEs as he was in canon. (I only wish that Eileen could be saved as well.) I probably won't review very much - really slows down the reading - but I expect to enjoy!

Thanks for completing this.
lunaz chapter 19 . 4/23/2022
an enjoyable read.
kayleneproctor94 chapter 19 . 4/25/2022
Very cute story! I enjoyed reading it and think you did a great job!
mike3308 chapter 19 . 4/22/2022
Severus and Lily will do well in Ravenclaw.
maxisaraviamgs chapter 18 . 4/18/2022
Nuevos puntos de inflexión,ni cómenzaron a seleccionar que ya marcaron las posturas y alianzas. Pareciera que serán años bastantes belicosos entres las casas
Lo que hiciste fue bastante tramposo ,terminar el capitulo sin la selección.
Podría escribir ahora mismo las "12 formas de insultar a una bruja " paciencia que ya llegamos a lo bueno
maxisaraviamgs chapter 17 . 4/15/2022
Este nuevo personaje viene como a buen momento para ser un apoyo en cualquier casa que vaya Severus. Ya sea que queden en la misma casa o no (especulo que estarán en la misma y Lily en los leones)

La nueva relación que tuvieron en el tren con los a merodeadores fue un punto interesante a cómo será la relación a futuro. Podría hacer rivalidad pero no creo que llegue a escalar a puntos muy altos al odio?

Es posible que Scott termine siendo gay? Me dio esa sensación ,"el amigo gay de snape " si fuera así podría ser interesante ese desarrollo por si llegas al momento de la guerra y la ideología contra los purista. Defendiendo a Lily de la discriminación del purismo y la orientación sexual de Scott?
RebeccaRoy chapter 17 . 4/15/2022
Love this! I think Severus with his new life would do much better in Ravenclaw myself, he is very smart and it’s a good house for him to learn and grow in.
James Birdsong chapter 16 . 4/11/2022
Good two chapters in my opinion. Yay!
PhoebeSmilee chapter 15 . 3/26/2022
This was so nice. You never disappoint. Have to say Sev turning away from a Dark Arts book in disgust, is definitely a significant change to his future. Felt like one of those forks in the road/turn left instead of right moments. Interestinggg. Wonder what he’ll be like when he grows up now XD. Also, idk if it was deliberate on your part but I really enjoyed the DW reference with Ollivander. He really was the Doctor and may he Rest In Peace. Thank you for including DW into your fic. I forgot to drop a review for one of the previous chaps where you had Lily and Sev playing around with a makeshift sonic and capes etc, just immersing themselves in the DW universe. That really resonated with my own discovery of DW as a kid for the first time haha. I love that show :).
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »