Reviews for Sufficient for the Day
Reglus7 chapter 26 . 9/12
Hi. Fun read. Thanks for posting it. I hope you can finish it. I found the story this morning when I curiously typed into google how Aragon met legolas. Glad I did. Thank you for an entertaining few hours... But I do hope you finish it. The first 21 chapters were very good these last few as the heroes have been struggling in captivity have been less, hope you can reincorporate some action and get king thrunduil into the fray
Your writing, my friend, is a gift. I love this fandom (the only one I care to read from), and when I find gems like this after years of searching... Well let's just say it makes my heart very happy. I have read a lot of bad stories. I have read a lot of good stories. And, when I get lucky, some great ones. This one, however, far surpasses anything, and I do not exaggerate, I have ever read on any website. It is so very well written. Graduating a Bachelor of English, you can guess just how much I appreciate this. But, aside from that, you really get the characters. You understand their emotions, their relationships, their past hardships, their current struggles and how all of these things culminate in this dangerous fate they have been sucked into.

Gosh, I just can not get over his story. It is so, so amazing. Being a writer myself, I know the tendency to discredit ones own work, but sometimes you just have to accept when a job has been well done and be proud of it. And this job has been very well done indeed.

It has been awhile since the last chapter post for this story. I know how difficult real life can be. And I know that, sometimes, we lose the love for things we once treasured above all else. I get that. It's happened to me countless times. But, I can't help but see it as a shame that something this good had been forgotten. This is your story, written by your will and with your love. Is it so easy to forget what drove you into this tale so passionately? Is there no hope at all that you will remember what has been lost for so many years?

You still have readers, friend. And their hungry for your words. I know I am. I have grown attached to these characters and their plight. I ache to learn their fate, be it for good or ill. You're talent for writing is undescribable. And such a talent should not be put aside so readily. I hope someday you pick it up again and remember its strength.

Thank you so much for sharing.
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 4/23
No no no no NO!
I read the reviews and discovered you haven't finished this fanfic. I read the ending and discovered it was not an ending but rather a 'TBC'!
And I read the beginning and I ... I love it! Its hilarious!
But alas, mellon-nin. A story that has not finished is ... Not worthy of my time. Unless t'is finished. No meaning to be harsh, but I do not want to cause myself the pain of knowing a great story .. Has no great deserving ending. Saes, mellon-nin. Don't stop! Baw! Saes! :(
Namaarie and maybe when I check back later ... The Valar will bless me with an ending.
Guest chapter 26 . 9/24/2013
I really enjoyed this! It's too bad it remains incomplete. It's well written, and everyone is in character. I'll add this to my watch list just in case you decide to finish it.
Ice Jazz Elleth chapter 26 . 6/24/2012
I have only just found this story a few days ago and I have been working my way through it and I am sad that I have reached the end and no more lies before me. This story is fantastic and brilliant, you have managed to keep in character and I love the exploration of the characters befire the tales of the Lord of the Rings. I really hope to find out what befalls the characters in the rest of the story if the will or desire to continue.

One of my main interests through out the story has been the knives, because Legolas has both of them as portrayed in the movie version, yet at the start, Legolas had one, and Cièdron the other, yet now, Cièdron has both. I have mostly been of the opinion that Cièdron would die before the story's end and then the knives would pass on to Legolas, but recent chapters have influenced me to consider that Cièdron may survive, but pass to the Undying Lands. I really want to see what fate comes to the two brothers and the fate of the knives.

It's also interesting, watching the building of the friendship between Aragorn and Legolas, although it is already firm. I would be interested in seeing how their relationship continues in the remaining part of this story. Please do not leave the end of this chapter up to the imagination and assumption of those who have followed it, or those who join it when it has already reached this climax.

I have greatly enjoyed these chapters that you have posted up, they are longer in length than I could ever make and I understand how hard it can be to continue a story for a long time, with such length, especially as life builds up and becomes a more important focus of attention. I wish you luck with life, although I do hope that some time, you will have the chance, energy and muse to show us the ending that is in your mind and the only true ending to such a wonderful story. Well done with your work, keep up the amazing work.

-Ice Jazz Elleth
Maedhros chapter 26 . 4/16/2011
Hello, I wanted to drop a note assuring you that your story is still read in 2011. Delightful and while I'm not one to get drawn in by original characters, you did a fantastic job in accomplishing just that. Of course, thanks also for the Legolas, Aragon, Gandolf advantures.
Tavaril Lasgalen chapter 9 . 12/16/2010
WOW. Wow, wow, wow. Amazing fanfiction you have here. Your style is so engrossing; even though I'm supposed to be doing school right now, I can't stop reading. Your characterization of all of the characters is spot on. I love how you depict Legolas as a young, innocent, wise, playful, lethal elf when too many show him as super serious, never smiling, always rather morose instead.

And Ciedron and Legolas' fights...! Great. I have five brothers and although we (almost) never come to blows, our fights seem as absurdly humorous and grave as the characters. I'm assuming you have siblings or are drawing from others'? Gandalf is right, Thranduil's punishments are indeed entertaining. I would not want to be in either brothers' place though. XD

I also love the drama in it. The story of the two older brothers and how it affected the rest of the family is touching. I admit, when Merione returned and said how the elf told him not to open the bag, I was expecting there to be some sort of trap in there. Like maybe once the bag opens, a poisoned dart of something shot out and into the person. But the braids were nasty too.

Your descriptions! Ah, your descriptions! Beautiful! I never quite pictured Thranduil's halls as that way before, but now I have trouble picturing them as anything else; they were so perfect. Everything was so wonderfully executed!

I did spot a few minor typos, but that's all. Like in the first chapter (I think), you said 'Aragron' instead of 'Aragorn'. But that's all.

Ack! I have to get off now before Mom gets anymore suspicious then she already is about just WHAT I'm doing on here, but 'Where The Red Fern Grows' isn't anywhere near as interesting as this. Tonight, I will sneak back here and continue my lauding of your incredible story. Lovely work!
krakow chapter 5 . 10/5/2009
I'm really enjoying this, there are some hilarious lines in there. I had to laugh when Aragorn compared those (over)confident elves to enraged butterflies! And the interaction between the brothers is great as well.

I'm interested to see how this will continue, I'm sure it will get a bit darker if they indeed go on a mission to Dol Guldur.
Dimaranien chapter 26 . 1/25/2009
Ai! You must finish this story! You are a very good writer, and your style is striking. Please, finish! ~Angel
Protector of Canon2 chapter 26 . 10/4/2008
Argh! One more chapter! There can't have been more than one more chapter left, maybe two, and you had to leave? WHY?
Calathiel of Mirkwood chapter 3 . 3/5/2008
That was simply hysterical!

I loved Ciedron and Legolas fight! It was done to perfection!

Scarlet chapter 26 . 1/20/2008
I love the story.

Will there be an update?

I wish you'll end it.

Cosmic Castaway chapter 26 . 9/4/2006
You are killing me, seriously! What a wonderful and creative and very different unique story. Most of the time the stories kind of run together and its rather hard to actually figure out which one is different from the other, but man is yours very distinctive and I LOVE IT. Please continue very soon, I do not think I can take waiting much longer!
Elflingimp chapter 26 . 8/29/2006
Well once again I have found a wonderfully written,no..let me start again Awe! I just cant describe your story, What a ride! It took me two days to read the whole thing. I am hopelesly addicted to it. I will be waiting for more you are wonderfully talented!(bows in awe)
Lady Elora chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
For your first fic this has an excellent beginning! I'm to ashamed to even speak the title of my first... *shudders* But this is excellent! I look forward to reading more... this is the first LotR fic I've touched in a long, LONG time. :) Tally ho and good job! :)