Reviews for Leave Us Not In Darkness
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
...Wow. I love Valafics and seeing Olorin... and this of course is so much more... words fail me for the moment, but this is extremely powerful.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Navig8R chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
"What deed, then, could be worse?"

I am having trouble summoning words, I am so moved. We all knew from "The Two Towers" that Saruman had committed dark atrocities in his grasping for power. You brought us face-to-face with the unspeakable means. I don't often finish a piece in tears...

You did well with the characters, keeping them very much in canon - they all are the ones we know and love. The terrible moral dilemma of euthanasia, and the bitter choice of the Elves at the end of the life of a loved one come out so clearly in this. The pain of those who must depart, and the pain of those who must stay...

Don't know why this popped up on my alerts today, but I am glad it did...

This is worthy of republishing on related fora.
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Wow...I'm not quite sure what to say. That was very well written, and very original, and very very creepy...good job.
SoConfusified chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
For once, I have no words
lomeloke chapter 1 . 5/29/2004
every so often I find this tale. I don't know how many times I have read it, the first time was when it was first published...yet it always makes me cry.

Thank you for all of your hard work, your characters were true.

Minna Sedh, Hisie Lome
Wolf Maid chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
Very interesting story, with many layers. I really enjoyed it. Thanx! )
Layla Sparrow chapter 1 . 9/15/2003
I loved your story. It is wonderful to hear of an author who knows the Silmarillion (Did I spell it right?) so well. I hope to talk to you in person, since I'm a student at Nobel. Cya!

PS I love your writing style.
Prophetic Fire chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
As I wipe the tears from my eyes...
Lamiel chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
I first read this story at Henneth-Annun, and I'm glad for the chance to give feedback here. This is marvelous, truly brilliant writing and a great take on just how evil Saruman is. I particularly liked the idea of his Voice overpowering the Elf's cry for release. Wonderful to see a take on this theme from canon-and Legolas' reaction is perfect. You weave together themes of elvish afterlife and kinslaying beautifully. Very, very well done.
Dot1 chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
Hi! I notice this has been up for a while, sorry but I only just came across it!:)

This probably isn't going to be a very coherent review as the story has left me practically speechless but I just couldn't not review such a truly amazing piece of work. You write so wonderfully and with such attention to detail that it really seems an extension of the scene from the book. Even in the incidental appearances from characters like Gimli and the hobbits you've captured them really well.

It's a horrific thought, what Saruman was doing but what I love is that you've really made it more of a character piece. You did a phenomenal job with Legolas. It shows a deep understanding of what such deed would mean to an elf and his reaction to that and his abhorrance of kin-slaying is so well portrayed.

I also love the more practical stance of Aragorn coupled with his gentle support.

Gandalf is just brilliant. You really showed the power he possesses - that moment when he summoned Mandos sent chills down my spine!

Altogether awe-inspiring!:)