Reviews for Delacour Godparents
private.emkay chapter 36 . 1/26
It was interesting, the slow burn of the relationship. But towards the end it got a bit boring to be honest?
gabrieljuarezl chapter 36 . 11/14/2023
Tks for sharing
hpmick13 chapter 2 . 11/10/2023
"just a sensible wizard and witch helping others avoid blatantly stupid decisions"

like leaving Harry at a place her is clearly not wanted with people who resent him, what sort of sensible god parenting is that, I will give you a clue, if you leave a child in an abusive situation and that includes verbal, not being cared for, then you are not a good person
Guest chapter 36 . 11/5/2023
Thank you. I loved it all, from start to finish.
oneizm chapter 36 . 9/26/2023
This book starts really well. It has focus and good pacing, the author seems to have a plan and the way it plays out is interesting. The slow burn of Harry and Fleur is really well done. The side characters are interesting….

Right up until Harry realizes his feelings. Then the natural progression is thrown aside for manufactured drama and situations so illogical the only way to continue reading is to treat the entire endeavor as a crack fic.

Harry and Fleur make the illogical choice to not date each other, even though they’re both in love with each other, and refuse to date anyone else. They do this because of the distance. Even though they can talk every night through mirrors. This was a poor choice for the story as it halted all developments and instead brought in a sense of frustration. They’re doing this because of Apollines advice, but the situation has evolved and the advice makes zero sense. However, I could deal with this manufactured farcical drama.

What I couldn’t deal with was when they started to play games. Fleur telling him to kiss her and then him not just doing it makes no sense. Fleur leaving behind her mirror is so extremely out of character as all it really does is deprive them of each others company, the one thing we know from
The writer is more important to them than anything else. And it’s not like Harry enjoyed the games. It’s not like Fleur should be getting anything out of them either. It just fell off the rails.

Then when they do get together, the author abandons the carefully constructed slow burn approach and they’re engaged meer chapters later. No time to explore their new relationship. No time to settle in and let the reader enjoy them finally being together after almost 30 chapter.

The biggest sin here is that the author is obviously talented. The first 20 or so chapters were very enjoyable. But the choices made to extend certain aspects of the story and rush into others really tarnished a great foundation. Hopefully this writer is still writing and has gained valuable experience from this attempt
Perfect Chaotic Life chapter 30 . 9/17/2023
i love this proposal!
Jakyll chapter 18 . 8/27/2023
Oh, the author is female. Now I see why this fic is such unbelievable nonsense.
Jakyll chapter 15 . 8/27/2023
Before Harry entered Hogwarts, I gave this fic a 5 out of 10. Since then, every chapter has received a 0 out of 10 rating.
Guest chapter 36 . 8/24/2023
This was a fantastic story from beginning to end.
Bluenait chapter 2 . 8/3/2023
trash
mrmayortheiv chapter 36 . 7/30/2023
This was genuinely one of the sweetest love stories I've ever read. i'm so glad you wrote this and allowed me to be part of this incredible story. I loved every moment of it.
mrmayortheiv chapter 6 . 7/30/2023
This story has been outstanding so far. I've read many thousands of fanfics over the last 15 years, and I think this one in particular is the only one that I can clearly tell that the author understands children. It's an incredible breath of fresh air!
WhatHaveIDiscovered chapter 36 . 7/29/2023
This was such a wonderful story throughout! I love how you wrote the characters and relationships/friendships overall, but I gotta give a special shout out to Geoff and Barry, haha. Those two are great and I look forward to the additional scenes mentioned in this last A/N. I'm also glad to see the mention of a possible story with a Harry/Katie pairing as they have become a favorite pairing of mine since the first story I read with that pairing. I look forward to reading more of your writing. Well done overall and thanks for sharing!
WhatHaveIDiscovered chapter 33 . 7/29/2023
Bahahaha! If only it were that easy to forget awkward conversations. Clever use of Obliviate, haha.
WhatHaveIDiscovered chapter 17 . 7/27/2023
And that's how you make a lesson/subject fun, haha. Good one!