Reviews for Like Stone
David Fishwick chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
I hope there is more soon as I am enjoying the story.
Savage Reprise2 chapter 3 . 8/9/2003
Hey Dana! Been absent from ffn for awhile but decided I needed to catch up on some stories. This story is certainly getting interesting now, you fascination of Connor must have come through well for the story as I can see his character used perfectly. It's great the future dynamic you've set up here. Fantastic chapter!

Glad I caught up!
Reyea chapter 1 . 7/15/2003
Another great chapter. When are we gonna find out what kind of pictures Connor hangs in his den?
Imzadi chapter 3 . 7/15/2003
Good chapter, Dana. It's nice to see "good Lindsey," even grey-haired (M-a combination of Lindsey & Jack Mccoy-with a smaller nose!)! One minor correction, though. It's Counselor, as in one who gives counsel, not councilor, as in one who is a member of a council. That's a tricky one. Now let's get Kate away from her boy toy Connor and into the arms of a man! (Why am I rather picturing Jack & Serena here?)
HoldensSister chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
Hooray, another chapter! I love where this is going! Poor Connor... so isolated, so alone, so cut off from anyone and anything that might possibly make him feel, hurt, remember. (Although I sure do like his interactions with Nami. You just love pairing Connor with tall women who like to bat him around, don't you?)

Here's hoping by the end of the story, Connor finds someone to help him deal with his nightmares and maybe get a good night's sleep.

And here's hoping that this is gonna be a long story. I'd say it is complex enough to warrant full novel treatment! I will stay tuned 'til the end.
Sayra Louise chapter 3 . 7/14/2003
This looks really interesting. Wasn't sure if I'd buy the whole, Connor as a cop thang but its actually reading really well.

More Please?

S.
Savage Reprise2 chapter 2 . 7/12/2003
Hey Dana! Sorry for taking so much time to get round to reading it! Nonetheless I thoroughly enjoyed it. Interesting premise and you've done very well in depicting how it would be then in the future. very well written, good characterisation and, well, yeah it sounds like it's going to get really interesting!
Reya chapter 2 . 7/8/2003
I'm sure it goes without saying that you should ignore Smurfette. You are a wildly talented writer and you write for adults who can appreciate your well-drawn characters and complex plots- not for troll-like children.

That being said: this has become my favorite of all your stories (and I read them all!) There have been so many stories about Connor once his spell breaks, but this is the ONLY ONE that has worked for me. This character is so well-drawn; every aspect of his character is believable. His anger, his fear, his terror, his compassion for Dawn, Kate and Amber Rose, his fury at Angel.

I can't WAIT to see where this goes. And if this ends up being a Dawn/Connor romance (as I suspect and hope it will), it may convince me there is hope for this pairing yet!
HoldensSister chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
This story is looking great, especially with the addition of Chapter 2. I have never been a big fan of fluffy, teenaged Connor/Dawn romance (I'm a Faith/Connor shipper myself) but this is changing my mind- the potential for a dark, mature relationship between two dark and mature adults. As always, you write Connor better than anyone!

This version of Connor makes me especially sad. Here's hoping he finds some happiness.
Strange Visitor chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
This is a very good story and I can't wait for the next part. I've never read a AU future fic that i've liked until I read this one.

Keep up the good work, stay true to your vision and ignore smurfette that response was just plain stupid and rude.
Imzadi chapter 2 . 7/2/2003
First of all, I love the cat's name Killmouski! Then you've got me feeling a little sorry for the two former whiny brats, which is no mean feat. Buffy & Angel's relationship rings pretty true. I'd like to hear a little more about Xander's first two wives, I have to admit. I'm looking forward to seeing Lindsey in a future chapter, too. Will we see Lindsey/Kate as a couple? I think they'd be good for each other, especially if he has motherless children.
shahid chapter 2 . 7/1/2003
VERY NICE! plz continue. also, dont let it be all depressing. update soon. make Angel human. show that he uses the Mohra blood.
Tariq chapter 2 . 7/1/2003
Hi. Interesting!
Imzadi chapter 1 . 6/30/2003
Well, Dana, this is a unique point of view from an older Connor. I must admit I like it a lot, especially as Kate is in it, too. And I'm assuming that this is Buffy's Dawn? Who else are we going to see before it's over. I'm sorry that Kate isn't married with kids. Maybe there will be someone for her (guess who?) even if it's too late for her own kids. Maybe he'll have one?
Ali chapter 1 . 6/30/2003
Great Story. I love to read a story w/ focus on Connor. Please update soon.