Reviews for Blast From the Future
joey the ripper chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
And thus the whole Mutual Evolution Theory ends, Darkwing has barely changed a bit, his first appearance as Darkwing was back in Primary school when the S.H.U.S.H time machine was introduced, "I am the Toddler that Naps in the Night." - And as Megavolt said in Clash Reunion "I foresee doom." But all round I think your Quackerjack Megavolt exchange was brilliant, for a long moment I thought the person climbing the pole was Darkwing... boy was I surprised. One small question though, how do Quackerjack and Megavolt get back... though I've had to wonder that in several episodes now so I'm not going to pressure you for an answer.

Loved it lots.

Joey
erosgirl chapter 1 . 12/17/2004
This part:

"It's PLAYTIME!" Seconds later, the Time-top winked out of existence, leaving behind an empty warehouse.

Too many “It’s PLAYTIME!”s in too small a space of time. Notice in the show he says it about once, maybe twice an episode. You’ve already got it more than I sound mean, sorry. I'm not real great at wording things diplomatically. Seeya! _
Maria Alanis chapter 1 . 12/29/2000
Not a bad story. But I noticed that the "Mutual Evolution Theory" idea looks like it was taken out of Kim McFarland's story "Time in a Battle":

In "Blast from the Future":

"And even if we try again it still won't work. Ya see, it all comes down to the Mutual Evolution Theory. Over the years, we've both developed our own fighting style, and Darkwing has developed his own style to match ours. We've adapted to his old tricks and he's adapted to our old tricks. Any new trick we come up with will be countered by a new trick he comes up with. And he's so experienced that he'll come up with a counter trick on the spot.

In "Time in a Battle":

Admittedly, Darkwing was a match for Negaduck now. What did Negaduck know now which would defeat an earlier Darkwing? They had been fighting each other for so long that they had actually evolved each other. Like a predator and its prey - the prey, to survive, learned to fight, and the predator, to thrive, became stronger and meaner. What he would do was spring the nastier predator on the weaker prey! But he would have to plan this one carefully...

Coincidence?
Ghost in the Machine chapter 1 . 12/14/2000
Would have like to have seen Quackerjack get lightly fried when he shook hands with Megavolt. (It would

have made for a nice punchline.) "I did?" "You did." "Oh, OK then" Terrific exchange there. LOL

Hmm... Can the timestream take a Megavolt switch? Well, I hope you write another story so we can find

out. (On a technical note, a couple of syllabobbles, but nothing too major.)