Reviews for The Diary
DianaChaseKirkland chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Oh my...you are the cruelest person in all of Arda! I love good old Bilbo, why would you do this?! Hahaha ok no :p I really, really liked this. I think it was adorably angsty...it does not mean it didn't break my heart, I just think it had something adorable to it XD
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Good story.

At first, I felt like Frodo when he found Bilbo's diary, but I'm sure that's the same feeling for everyone: some do not wish to read other people's diaries, or their memories. Of course, curiosity still led me to speed through this story about Bilbo's past and why he never married. It's interesting to read something like this. The words from the diary sounded as if they were written by Bilbo. Quite sad towards the end, I can admit.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer
movielover01 chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
This was a very sad story but i enjoyed it very much. Good work. :)
musicvip78 chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
"In the morning I woke up."
That one line just made me burst into tears. No joke. I seriously cried! Poor Bilbo.
frodothejedi chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Oh my God. Saddest story ever.
Bridgette Potter chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
OMG! I sort of guessed that his love died in one way or another. But that was some great things you wrote. About how Bilbo enjoyed her company and all that and that he hadn't even told Frodo about any of this. And I loved Frodo's reaction about Bilbo's diary. I loved it how he yelled and glared at it then carresed the diary. Keep up the good work!

PD
EstellaB chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Oh my word, this story made me cry. I am not a person who cries even remoetely easily. Well done. Very well done indeed.
akanekai chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Did she die?

This story is so heartbreaking :,( Please, continue so we all can know what happened.

By the way, you are a very good writer.

~Strider's Girl
Silverweasel chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Bwah! *bursts into tears* Poor Bilbo! *sniff* Great story!
doyouevencare chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
That was a great story! I had tears in my eyes near the end! Bilbo romances are very rare, but this definatly does them some justice! Great job!
Carcilwen Thorned-Rose chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
Oh NO! How SAD! Poor Bilbo, I had no idea! *sob*
Animir chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
"In the morning I woke up"
Now, that says it all, doesn't it? It almost made me cry (it would have, if I didn't stop myself).
Well, I really do not have much more to say, I haven't got any well rounded critique, I loved the story (as I love most of your story's).
So, I guess I'll just post this, and then I'll go to sleep. (it's 23:45 in Holland at the moment).
Greetings, and thank you for sharing your stories,
Animir
Herculeha chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
Believe me, I was sobbing along with Frodo. I wish I could give dear old Bilbo a big hug now. That story was sad and magnificent. Bitter-sweet...with a bit more bitter than sweet, though. That was absolutely lovely. Wonderful job. Keep it up!
~Herculeha
Dora Mugworts chapter 1 . 12/20/2003
*gulp* Oh, my! :'-( Wow!
Very original, having a Bilbo romance - don't think I've ever seen one of those before. Yet it still fit into canon. So, so very sad, too, especially when we think that Bilbo came thisclose! to having a totally different life.
"In the morning I woke up." :'-(
Palantir chapter 1 . 10/14/2003
This certainly got my teary-eyed...beautiful, Pearl! (As usual!)