Reviews for Despite What You Might Think
jarjayes chapter 5 . 12/14/2015
Mokuba DID NOT just say that!
Oh, MAN!

Loved this chapter! Took me awhile to read, not because it's boring! Because it's NOT boring at all, but more because of the length.

Let me start with this before I forget...I can see the parallel between Seto's Kumite scene and Anzu's Dance Room scene. That was splendid! I loved it! And I was just trying to picture THIS dance in my head as well. I love martial arts and when practiced correctly, it is beautiful to watch.

Love how you take one scene and split it in Seto's POV and then Anzu's POV, instead of displaying their thoughts at the same time. Just wonderful!

The scene of the Prolongued Chess GAme! Heheheheheheheh!
And the dinner with him laughing and she thinking how much more attractive he looked.
And again, the mention of the White Teddy Bear!
I'm starting to love the Teddy Bear...it should have it's own Spin-off fic!

I have no complaints about your writing.
Flows great!
The descriptions you use are wonderful.
And this is NOT boring at all!

Oh, and he had a crush on her for a very long time. That's very sweet.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/10/2015
LOL! Believe me, laot of Native English speakers do commit grammatical and spelling errors. If I've seen any in your text, it's like one or two...um, too little to really notice. Anyway, I'm just too enthralled with your story to really care about tiny little mistakes. And don't ask me to point them out because I forgot where...LOL! What did I like?

Mokuba laughing at the pool. Anzu and Seto coming out with the same colors in their clothing. I love his inner musings. His slight envy/admiration for his brother. Loved the massage scene, not because of near sexual whatever...it was just an endearing. Plain as that! I'm not THAT perverted! Slightly but not much. Oh, and the conversation between them.

And I found it hilarious how he nonchalantly asked her to be his date. And she nonchalantly accepted it.

Oh, and constant images of the white teddy bear!
jarjayes chapter 3 . 12/7/2015
Another good chapters! And her dive probably would have been spectacular if... Kaiba and Anzu are portrayed in many different ways in fanfictions. However, the one character I do notice to remain consistant is Mokuba. I love that kid! Love him to death. I should probably think of writing a fic that's Mokuba centered. And Idea, an idea...

The image of a grown man with a teddy bear...LOL!
jarjayes chapter 2 . 12/7/2015
Loved this chapter. Compared to many of the fics out there, the way yours started is different. And even the feel of it is different rather than cliched. I have always imagined Seto Kaiba to be rather awkward with girls.

There were some laughs on my part but overall, I found this chpater rather sweet and endearing. Kind of reminds me of the time I used to have a crush on this one boy back in high School. I couldn't think, either. And being around him was nerve wrecking. I'm social but around guys I do like, I'm rather shy.

I love his driver! And although it's rare you hear him speak, his facial reactions to Seto's predicament speaks louder than anything. And I love that! It's like he finds it cute. And though he doesn't voice it, it's the message he's sending towards Seto.

I found it sweet how he got out of the vehicle to cover her up with his umbrella.
I felt sorry for him when she said, NO, about it being the fact that she's the other person he cares deeply about. Eventhough, I do understand why she said that. I probably would have said the same thing if I were in her shoes.

I loved the scene in the Dance Room.
My favorite line in this entire chapter was this one: He was a boy, Anzu was a girl, and Wheeler was a Chihuahua. LMAO!

I love the whole awkwardness about him. I love the idea that he's not always in control. Makes him more human.
jarjayes chapter 1 . 12/7/2015
Good thing I read the 2 prior One-shots...I would have been totally lost!
This was interesting.
cake tan chapter 5 . 11/12/2013
PLEASE UPDATE IT'S BEEN SEVEN YEARS
ahbuggrit chapter 5 . 7/1/2011
I'm really enjoying this story - the interaction between Kaiba and Anzu is awesome. I also like the fact that their relationship is not just being built on attraction alone, but on conversations.

Please update this soon - I would really love to read more.

ml

P.S. SOAD rock :)
ojosnegro chapter 5 . 11/21/2010
Ah, I guess you dropped this again, which is quite a shame since it's really good! :D
White dragon chapter 5 . 5/4/2008
U have to finish u are so on a good thing here
AvidReaderAlso chapter 5 . 8/31/2006
Well-written, conscientious of spelling and grammar... and an entertaining plot - I do hope your muse decides to visit you again, and that it will not be another two years between chapters. ;) With optimism, I shall put this little gem on my alert list...
Lin Haku chapter 5 . 6/14/2006
Holy crap, this story was fantastic! It is just what I expected it to be like, with Seto not to harsh nor too soft, in other words, perfect.

I love how Anzu and Mokuba are in this fic as well, not to mention the original Japanese parts/dialogue, and one of the best beginnings to a story! It totally got me, hook, line and sinker.

This is in my favs. list right now. I looked forward to reading mucho more of this later on, after you update. *wink, cough, wink*.

Ciao for now,
Fuhnerrr chapter 5 . 5/5/2006
OMG! You have to update this story! PLEASE! I really loved it and I would like to know what will happen between Seto and Anzu because of all the hormonal stress. This is a great story!
Tyronica chapter 5 . 3/25/2006
Goodness I really want to know exactly what happened in the 6th grade. Love the story, it sucks that you have not updated. Peace & Love!
Mena Madvin chapter 5 . 3/20/2006
Please update. You are doing a WONDERFUL job with the story. I want to read more.
HeavenFishQL chapter 5 . 3/14/2006
I need you to update this.

It seriously feels like my life depends on it.

I love this story so much.

I love you so much!

Please finish this story!

Ok... now that I got the raving fangirl out of the way...

I think that your characterization is amazing. You seem to capture the true essence of each of the characters while injecting something that is very unique to your writing.

I also think you have the perfect blend of humor and chemistry.