Reviews for Despite What You Might Think
tensui chapter 5 . 7/1/2005
write another chapter soon
Loco Loser chapter 5 . 6/30/2005
Amazing update! lol Mokuba. I luv this story and i'm glad you finaly updated.
Sol Falling chapter 5 . 6/29/2005
you updated...awsome. :D I should check my email more often...

I reread the whole thing (plus prequels) and realized (in Chapter 4) that you made Seto use Pantene! lol. I'm a guy and I use Pantene too, so that was pretty cool. You made me jealous, though. Genius I could deal with, gorgeous I could deal with, rich I could deal with...But chess-master and blackbelt in Karate and he writes code too...damn. lol.

I like the way this romance is going. The sorta heated arguments that make for fun dialogue are missing, but it's more than made up for with the depth of emotion and absorption in each other. :P It felt sorta inconsistent when Seto was disgruntled about driving Anzu home, though. He'd just had a dinner during which he was admittedly trying to "perpetuate" her laughter; although Seto's discomfort with being manipulated and matchmade by Mokuba is understandable, judging from their previous instances of dialogue the silence seemed unnatural. One of the things I like about this fic is how Seto and Anzu's attempts to not be attracted to each other fail almost completely; you conjure the feeling of surrender and uncaring enrapturement easily, but I nearly fell out of the spell in that section. Seto's wording, "Do I have to pay?" especially seemed rude and ungrateful to me; although his relationship with Anzu is not one demanding any particular mutual respect, she is still Mokuba's friend, and somebody he has invited on a date.

lol. I just realized the other part of this fic I like. You portray Seto's humanity and heart with clarity and authenticity; Mokuba is not just a tool to underscore that part of him, and neither is Anzu. It all seems real and believable.

I didn't like the bit about Anzu being the first thing he'd seen upon entering sixth grade and whatnot. That seems just too...perfect. And if that truly was the case, I can't see Seto remaining unaffected for all this time. Unless by "a while" you meant half an hour, as it was with Mokuba, those kinds of obsessions sorta end up doing something to you, you know? :P

Your grammar has improved. No offense or anything, but there were several instances of incomplete sentences and incorrect semi-colon usage in the earlier chapters (not that I'm much better...my English teacher has actually suggested that I lay off the semicolons for a month after school starts up again... they're so pretty, though...).

lol. Anyways. Glad to see you updated, and hope to see a new chapter soon. (I write long reviews...Wow. o.O)
LeafeKnight7 chapter 5 . 6/28/2005
Yea! I re-read everything since I havent read this story in a while. This chapter was great! Im happy that their

"relationship" is moving. Update again soon. _Ja ne!
Liz Inc chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
don't deserve them...HA. you have GOT to be kidding me. you deserve a fricken standing ovation for that last chapter, regardless of the fact that this story has remained static for a year or so. cause it was incredible. heck, the whole story is incredible. it's been one of my favorites for like...EVER. which is why i went back and read the whole thing over again, as well as those two prequels (actually, it was partly because i sorta forgot what happened, but dont get me wrong! it was SO TOTALLY WORTH IT!) I envy your ability to write so beautifully. - you're exceptional. keep up the awesome writing!
CWolf2 chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
This has to be one of the most plausible romances I've come across. I love the depth you give to each of the characterizations. There's no shameless underdeveloped ploy in for the sake up "hooking" the main characters up; for that I thank you.

The story is amazing though the scenes where Anzu and Seto talk about her not being able to come in on Monday threw me for a bit. It finally struck me that it was the same scene just from different POV's, like the rest of your story. Other that that Excellent work.
rebelxxwaltz chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
Nice. Glad you updated it. And glad you put Kaiba in a Karate outfit (rarr).

Seriously, though. This story is gorgeously written. Perfectly chosen words in exactly the right places, just the right amount of humor, great flow between perspectives...

What more can I say? I hope you get a chance to finish it soon.
Bradybunch4529 chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
So good. I'm so disappointed that I didn't find this sooner. It's beyond good. The look at the way Seto and Anzu react each other. A glimpse at the softer side of Seto. And the way that Anzu interacts with Mokuba is fabulous. I can't wait to see what is going to happen next. Update soon, please.
suzieq2005 chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
OMG, I was dancing with joy when I opened up my email and saw the story alert for this chapter. I can not wait for the next chapter - please don't take so long to update. I loved the chapter; Mokuba is just too much!
LuvinAniManga chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
OMG, this is SUCH AN AWESOME STORY! I absolutely LOVE IT! I always KNEW you were one of my favorite authors! THis is a masterpiece: I SWEAR. Oh, you MUST UPDATE SOON! PLEASE, PLEASE UPDATE SOON! I LOVE THIS STORY!

PS: Just to let you know, I did read the prequels. I just never...reveiwed them...
Monkeyluv4646 chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
this is so good please update!
animezebra chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
oh please hurry up and put up the next chapter! Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I shall attempt to be reasonable, haha. Seriously, this story has me on edge. I can feel the tension and the chemistry between the two of them. It's better than many of the romance movies I've seen. I was wondering if you would ever update this story, but who am I to judge? I've got a couple that have been sitting around for a year or so, lol. Anyway, I'm trying to think of some constructive criticism that would help you, but I honestly can't. You have an amazing amount of talent. Keep writing!
Shiro chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
Oh thank God! You updated! I never thought it would happen. Please update.
Azurite chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
Wai~ You don't know how thrilled I am that this came out when it did! For one, I was looking for a good fic to read, and for two, it's always a pleasant surprise to find updates in my box!

I like how vivid this story has become- with a much more distinct plot and direction, though it still possesses that air of mystery, that odd quality of "etheralness" that I can't quite describe. It's probably because you're not so much about the dialogue or the action, but the THOUGHTS of the characters- we really get into their heads, and that's what makes for a great read: great characterization! But there is plot! There is movement! There is tension- and my, is it making the story worth coming back to, with each continuing chapter!

I do look forward to any and all future updates- though I will have to re-read the past chapters again to make sure I understand everything. Keep up the superb work!
Svelte Rose chapter 5 . 6/26/2005
Crikey, I think I just about died when I saw the Author Alert from you for this story. I have been waiting for this moment ever since I laid eyes upon this fanfic and now, I am savoring this chapter.

I had to erase the next sentence because it was a wee bit radical...I'll just end it here with a glomp of joy. _ You made my day.

*glomp- of joy*