Reviews for Career Advice
Louey06 chapter 5 . 3/6/2011
This was very good i felt so bad for remus while i read his. he has to do so much, to achieve so little. poor remus. This was a great story i loved it
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Very cute premise. I like the different characterizations of each Marauder.
verity candor chapter 5 . 7/13/2009
Yay! The ordeal is over for poor dear Minnie.
verity candor chapter 4 . 7/13/2009
Heh, nice job. Loved how he HAD talents, but thought them useless...
verity candor chapter 3 . 7/13/2009
Aw... at least he got to... for a while...
verity candor chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
Yay! I loved Lily.
verity candor chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Nice job. Loved Minnie's "intelligence coasting" comment - t'was brill
magdilen chapter 5 . 5/2/2008
This was very insightful. I especially liked the Remus chapter.
azure chapter 5 . 3/24/2006
Another wonderful Marauder-era fic - I loved your take on all of them, particularly Remus and Lily, (and of course, McGonagall). I liked the way the war creeped into this, but very realistically. Thanks!
aelurus chapter 5 . 2/23/2005
Possibly, no, definitely the best piece I've ever read centered around Minerva. The characterizations are flawless. I absolutely love it!
Jetamors chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
Wow, you do such a great job of getting into each student's character. I like how they react to McGonagall's suggestions, and how she reacts to them. Thanks for writing this.
Marauders Magelet chapter 5 . 3/14/2004
Very nicely done. I have read a few stories with this idea, but this one makes sense. There additudes are well done, and I liked that Sirius wanted to open a garage. I could see him doing that too. This is a wonderful section "'Phoenixes, who die - as everything eventually does - and are born again from their own remains. That is what we are looking for. An Order that recognises that Voldemort' - she flinched - 'has killed their old life but is willing to be born again, drawing in who they are in their old life into a new, harsher one, in the hopes of that dying again and being reborn. That's why,' he concluded with decision, 'it shall be called the Order of the Phoenix.' "
Loved that. I am going to check your profile to see what else you have written.
Three Sickles Short chapter 5 . 2/28/2004
I tried to review this the other day, that the ff.n Review Eating Monster got it. Anyway, I absolutely loved this story! I really liked Sirius and Lily, and I can understand why Minerva couldn't help liking James. (He reminded me a bit of Peter Wimsey, or maybe Peter's nephew St. George.) I was also intrigued by the Slytherin head, almost to the extent of finding it hard to believe that Snape could have turned to the Death Eaters with a man like that as head of his House.
I'd love to see a NEWTs-focussed sequel, particularly to see your take on James; how did he turn out once the adolescent arrogance had faded a bit and his ears were no longer deaf?
A great corner of the Potterverse, and I hope you continue in it!
TSS
ReeraTheRed chapter 5 . 11/28/2003
Very impressive. Fits exactly with my ideas of each of these characters. I found Lupin's the most heart breaking. Peter's very well done as well - yes, this character does have limitations, but you found the sympathetic side to him. And the little on Snape was extremely effective.
I would like to see a sequel - not just post N.E.W.T.s, but also after the first years post Hogwarts (but pre-Harry).
Lupins Lair chapter 5 . 8/11/2003
I really should be commenting for each chapter, but for now anyway, here is my overall opinion.

Hilarious! I loved the different characterisations, while canonical, had your own view to it. I loved reading about the Muggle garage LOL! And how, no matter how nervous Remus and Peter were, they came out with solid, determined answers to what they really want to do. And it was funny to see how their most definite answers were what surprised McGonagall most. I also liked Remus saying that if he wasn’t going to be accepted as an Auror (among many other occupations) then he does’t really want to slave over Potions for nothing! How typical 15 yr-old speak!
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »