Reviews for Varieties of Repentance
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
A great story. Very well written.
gythia chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
that was beautiful!
Hobsonphile chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
I finally had a chance to go back and read your older stories...

This was lovely. I especially appreciate what you've done with Lennier. His "end" on the series was unfairly abrupt, but you have continued the story in a way that is hopefull and believable.

Lennier's guilt regarding the Centauri is a very interesting topic. Being an unabashed Centauri-phile, I find myself wondering what a meeting between Lennier in his new role and Emperor Cotto and *his* new role would be like. Lennier and Vir were friends. A potentially touching companion to this story could involve Vir granting forgiveness to Lennier. I believe Vir would do this- he is a kind and peaceful soul at bottom even though circumstances on his homeworld have forced him to abandon the innocence he once possessed.

But that's enough rambling, yes? Nice work!
Selena chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
Rereading this after discussing B5 with you makes it an even richer experience than the first time around. The juxtaposition of Delenn's guilt in regards to the Earth/Minbari war, Lennier's involuntary contribution to the tragedy of the Centauri, and Lennier giving Delenn her husband's forgiveness as only he could have done is inspired.
pink sugar heart attack chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
Wow. Loved the ending. I loved the whole story, of course, but the ending was very cool.

You handled the characters really well. I could picture them acting exactly as you portrayed them.

Great job. :)

becca
Joan the Vampire Slayer chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
This was a beautiful, complex story, one that leads to redemption and peace for all (of which I'm much in favor); it gave me warm feelings, and I really loved the story.

As an aside, if you are really "looking for a good time" {warm g} in B5-fandom, I recently joined a long-standing B5-fanfic list that has oodles of fanfic in its archives; and it seems to be one of the best groups that I have seen - group/B5RS/join to join it, or to take a look around.

Again, thank you for a beautiful story. :D
soavezefiretto chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
Wow. I feel like sheridan, you know, I don't understand half of this conversation, but I still think it's a very good take on the lennier thing. I always wondered what had become of him, if he and Delenn finally met again, and him becoming the leader of the Grey Council does make a lot of sense. As does the thought of Delenn still loving him in a way. Sheridan may not understand the way of the Minbari, but he does understand the human heart. The only thing I didn't like was what he says in the end, about Lennier staying away from his wife. He might have wished for it, but I doubt he would have put it quite so bluntly. I think, even if it hurt him, he would have tried to convince Lennier to meet Delenn.

Anyways, great story! I enjoyed it very much.
shel chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
lovely story which fits in so well with all we have seen...
FlarnChef chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
Wonderful cannon and a lovely story! I hope there will be more B5 stories from you in the future.
Rin chapter 1 . 7/2/2003
wow, i followed the show all the wya until the end, i love this story, very good!

_
Maia1 chapter 1 . 7/2/2003
This is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. The characters are perfect. The restrained understated style is perfect. It FEELS like canon. It is so real. So beautifully written, so gripping, so moving. It has such clarity and such power.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!