Reviews for The Measure of a Man
claire3loves3music chapter 18 . 3/20/2013
Wow. I am dumbfounded (and pleasantly surprised) that he just quit and wanted to just go home. Another great chapter. This is quickly become a favorite!
claire3loves3music chapter 14 . 3/20/2013
Poor lydia. She gets the blame while merrick gets off easy . Hooefully he owns up to it and makes it right
claire3loves3music chapter 12 . 3/20/2013
So far I am greatly enjoying this story.
I was curious to see how it would all play out after the movie, the christianna bit being a nice bonus. I was always drawn to her character.
The ending bit about woman is stil true today.
Looking forword to reading the rest!
Sojourner chapter 25 . 9/2/2011
This is so well thought out and the character development is lovely. You should be proud. People are constantly changing, either for the best or the worst, your story proved that with the utmost grace and wonderful prose. I loved this pairing, completely unexpected but is now my absolute favorite. I got lost once or twice with the perspective change but otherwise was enraptured with every word. Well done:)
ShelbieJames chapter 25 . 4/16/2011
I just spent the last few hours reading this entire story. Wow! I really loved it. I also thought there was more to Adhemar after watching AKT and am really glad he got a happy ending in this story. This one is going into my favorites!
bookworm914 chapter 25 . 3/13/2011
I very much liked this story. I've never read fic in the Knight's Tale category before, but I'll certainly continue on the chance that others will be as interesting. The characters are well humanized, believable. Thank you very much for envisioning and telling such an interesting future for them.
Bardess of Avon chapter 25 . 3/28/2010
After reading the other fic, I simply *had* to see what else you had in store, and I was not disappointed!

This fic was on the same level as the other one, which is a high compliment in my eyes. My only issues with this were that there were some punctuation errors that, judging by your other work, have improved with time. My other issue is that it was often difficult to distinguish when there was a change in POVs, as there was no marker or anything to indicate such. But other than these, the fic was superb. Adding to my favorites and going to look for more!
FreedomFox chapter 25 . 12/3/2009
Oh my gosh, I absolutely loved your story! It was very accurate and catching. You did very well on the grammar and the characters were portrayed to perfection. I found that i enjoyed the story despite the fact the story was first person, which I personally don't tend to like. Your a very talented writer with a very interesting style. Much luck with your writing in the future!
masque queen chapter 25 . 8/18/2004
wow... that was good. hahaha, you're a good writer. write more of these intriguing adhemar and christiana stories. haha, alright, waiting for another one.
Gayahithwen chapter 25 . 2/22/2004
I love the way you use your words and paint a believeable picture of Adhemar and Christiana. Etienne, once given a first name and more of a personality, seems so much more real. I've also been thinking over his tonedeaf-ness, but the thought never entered my mind that it could be that severe.
I noticed someone mentioned the lack of the word "okay" in the story - while I do believe the particular word originated in the 19th century, I think the word could probably fit into the movie canon - after all, Jocelyn did say "wow" in a place, and I'm sure we'll never forget Wat's "It's called a lance, hello!". Point being here that in medieval times, they would have had an expression for those modern words, in one way or another.
Someone else mentioned this, and I agree with that particular reviewer; Will and Etienne would never be friends, but I love the truce they made. Also, curious as I am, I'm wondering what will happen ten, twenty and fifty years into the future with these current couplings, but in a way, I'm afraid to ask, because the ending is beautiful, and sequels rarely hold up to the same standard as the original stories, even if you made a wonderful work of making a sequel to the movie.
All in all, I'm afraid I'm rambling here, but please, do continiue to write fanfiction, and let us all see more of Adhemar.
M0M chapter 25 . 1/13/2004
I have thoroughly enjoyed this story. I almost wish it weren't over.
StargateJedi chapter 25 . 12/18/2003
This story has been one of the best I have read. I have laughed and cried with each of teh characters. You revealed sides of each of them to us that the movie does not show. Thank you for giving everyone the gift of this story.
Shapeshifting Author chapter 25 . 12/10/2003
Bravo! Bravo! That was wonderful from beginning to finish, but the ending was the best of all.
First of all, thank you for realism. I couldn't imagine Will and Etienne actually being friends, but the truce was a perfect solution. You handled their exchange very well. I also like Jocelyn's idea on how to solve to the Beatrice problem.
How you tied up the very end matched how you began.
Well, I could go on for hours, but I won't. The point is, you have a gift, and I hope you continue to write fanfiction...especially for this particular part.
Anchovyeater chapter 25 . 12/9/2003
Wow! A great ending to a great story. I do hope you write more Adhemar stories soon! :)
StargateJedi chapter 24 . 12/8/2003
Wow. I love this story so much.. though at the moment the whole aspect of lvoe just makes me break down in tears. It's painful to see others enjoy their happiness of love when I can no longer have mine. But that aside, this story is completely awesome.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »