Reviews for The Gift
RedWingedAngel002 chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Oh wow. Very nice. Very simple. Great job.

Ari chan
pnaixrose chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Nice fic. Really loved all the emotions inside Soujiro. D
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
AWW! I love the last paragraph, it's so touching and sweet. Soujiro is on his way to healing! It's about time. Great job and I loved how you descibed his nervousness around Kenshin, it seems to fit somehow. Great story!
Nelja chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
It's very cute ! I love Kenshin and Soujiro interaction !
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/31/2006
very insightful.

someone who knows... "i know what you're going through, i've been there myself. i'm there for you." sometimes, that's all it takes.

i saw an online ad for a sakabato... but a katana would be fun too!
sueb262 chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
I could feel Soujiro's antsy-ness as Kenshin talked with him. My mind, too, began to blur with tension as Kenshin approached him, my ears rang with his as Kenshin actually touched him.

The release, the relief as Soujiro walked away, fast, escaping, was almost palpable.

Then the magic of the bequeathed top...
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
I like your writing style and these short character sketches such as this one, Too Young and Still are very well done. I hope you try a longer stgory too.
April-san chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
Wow. I'm so glad I saw this on Haku Baikou's site. A beautiful meeting between two men with similar experiences. Soujirou's thoughts just fit, suited him perfectly. The descriptions were vivid. Soujirou preparing to attack just because he was afraid. Kenshin's offer. Great job!
hakubaikou chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Great story. I'm not sure that I completely buy Kenshin's motivations in this, so he seemed a tad OOC to me. But not by much. And his actions were still plausible.

Your portrayal of Soujirou, on the other hand, seemed dead-on! Wonderfully insightful. You delved into territory never mentioned in the series or manga. I loved his reactions to Kenshin's kindness. I loved his fear of finding nothing behind his protective walls. And the bit with the unconsciously tapping foot was a nice touch.

The gift of the top was very nice. I'm not sure how the manga storyline goes, but in the OAV, the top burned down along with Kenshin's home at the end. But maybe that didn't happen in the manga, I'm not sure. Either way, I think it was a really good choice for the purposes of your story. Artistic license is a good thing, no?

Anyway, that's me being incredibly picky. And I'm only being picky about that since there's really nothing else I can criticize.

Nicely done!
marywolfe32 chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
ppl w/katanas frighten me lol. no j/k. so r u gonna continue this? its really good

!