Reviews for Old Glory
kaput chapter 3 . 7/9/2008
This is quite nice. I like the simplicity of the style, which makes the emotions expressed much more "real" and accessible rather than schmaltzy (the latter of which is how I often feel about the fourth of July... heh). Everyone was characterized really well. I think I like Scott's piece the best. Thanks for writing!
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Exactly.
GuesssWho chapter 3 . 11/7/2006
What about the other blue, though? What about Mysique?

I'm not so sure that SHE likes Independence Day, and with good reason: WAITING for independence on Independence Day is never fun.
sparklingjawajuice chapter 3 . 4/4/2006
wow...so cool and spiffy.
tonraq chapter 3 . 12/29/2004
Nice movie-verse perspectives. I'm Canadian, actually, but Independence day and Canada day are pretty much the same thing to each country, and so I get the message conveyed. :)
Kitsume chapter 3 . 9/16/2004
That was great!
Raven Aorla chapter 3 . 10/24/2003
Wow. So much emotion and substance in only a few words. This is going on my favorites list.
Cyblade Silver chapter 3 . 8/6/2003
These were all wonderful to read, and I liked reading the three different perspectives
Cyblade Silver chapter 2 . 8/6/2003
That was also very good.
Cyblade Silver chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
That was very good.
Amarth Obstreperous chapter 3 . 7/28/2003
Was not informed that this story existed. Had to find it for myself. Shame on you! *boinks Phantom on head with ballpoint pen* ;D

POVs all excellent and authentic, from passionate to sorrowful to emotional. It would've worked as a good fic even without the feul of Independence Day, because it expresses the characters feelings vividly, and expands upon them in a way we all know.

Translation: Wicked cool fic.
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 3 . 7/28/2003
Beautiful, especially the first one.
Samus chapter 3 . 7/10/2003
Great, especially the beginning. One of my favorite mutants.
Samus chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
OOh...really good. You're very good at getting inside the characters' heads.
Rel chapter 3 . 7/7/2003
As a Brit, I don't really understand the 'hype' or whatever about Independance Day but this was a beautiful, moving peice of work.