Reviews for The 2nd try
cassnova5424 chapter 13 . 9/19
Welp, this was fucking beautiful. Sappy as it is i absolutely love sad stuff that ends happy
shell0 chapter 13 . 9/10
What a wild ride. Excellent work - a dream to read.

Unfortunately, I agree with the "naivety" in certain parts, most of all during the early even chapters. I feel as if their lives just after the third impact could be developed more. In particular - their personal demons, the desolate world, and how they would overcome together. However, I understand the appeal in moving past the difficulties quickly to create a comforting setting which would contrast with the odd chapters though.
SheriffJohnStone chapter 13 . 8/13
The 2nd Try is one of my favourite stories. I love both the scenes in the main timeline and what happens Post-3I. Shinji and Asuka overcome so much and are able to come together in such a natural way. And the bond is strengthened by Aki, and the happiness she brings. You really feel the pain when they get sent back without her. Watching them fight towards the end was awesome, and how they defeated the angels a second time. Gendo was Gendo, but he couldn’t stop them. The final reunion with Aki is amazing, truly one of the best emotional moments in any fic I’ve read. Thank you for a story so great it’s still stuck talked about and regarded after all this time.
Iraki01 chapter 13 . 5/12
Solo puedo decir: Hemoso
Sometimes, destiny offers people another chance just to undo small mistakes, even to avert the end of the world. Other times, the price for another chance is higher than anyone could guess...
calborghete chapter 13 . 1/15
Hello, how are you? I love his story, but one thing made me uncomfortable, it seemed that Shinji didn't care much about Aki, I didn't see him demonstrating it like Asuka. But other than that, his story is excellent.
Lovemichi chapter 13 . 1/2
Extraordinary! I loved the story.
It was Kaworu who made them go back in time. In the end after so much suffering and sadness, they were rewarded with the best gift, by leaving their selfishness and thinking about saving others, they had their happy ending.
What a relief!

Good job!
I have been able to connect a lot with the characters, feel tension with them and happiness through reading your story, good development of their characters, you gave more prominence to Touji, I liked that Rei had a greater decision at the end and Misato, Kaji and Ritsuko's personalities, their participation in the finale, was fabulous. Obviously I am not going to forget my two favorite characters: Asuka and Shinji, their growth as characters was great. Finally, I loved Aki-chan, she sincerely she is lovely.

Without a doubt, your fic is one of the best I have read.
Lovemichi chapter 8 . 1/1
Without a doubt they are great parents, I love the scenes of Asuka, Aki and Shinji, they are extremely sweet.
Lovemichi chapter 7 . 1/1
I honestly don't know if you're still reading the fanfiction reviews, but your story is amazing, I like the little changes you've made and the post-third impact part (Shinji and Asuka's story). You really write in a great way, my native language is not English and I do not practice it frequently, even so, I have been able to understand everything perfectly, feel the emotions that you transmit in your story, especially in this chapter, the anguish, fear Asuka feels. It must be very painful to lose a child and while I was thinking, I think I would feel the same or something very close to it, despair.
And in the previous chapters the same (only that I was so immersed in reading that I did not have time to comment), seriously, what a good story and what a good writer.
I still have to finish, and you will have my final comment.
I love Evangelion and the Asuka x Shinji couple, and I liked reading how they have been confronting their fears and insecurities and ended up truly falling in love.
Sorry, but I said English isn't my native language. If there are errors in grammar, we can blame
google translator and also my responsibility for not practicing.
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 13 . 12/29/2020
Everyone except Gendo is happy. Score.
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 12 . 12/29/2020
Is that who I think it is at the end?
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 11 . 12/29/2020
I can't believe it was Kaworu!
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 10 . 12/29/2020
Song lyrics: This is the resurrection. This is the reset.

Most would give for a second chance, but not to such a loss.
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 9 . 12/29/2020
Nice move, Rei. I hated the Dummy System because it lacked the capacity to make a conscience decision every time it was used.
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 8 . 12/29/2020
Proud parents, good parents, adaptable parents.