Reviews for The 2nd try
YourBlandestNightmare chapter 13 . 6/28
I started reading this story a few years ago, back when I watched Evangelion for the first time, but I never finished it, for some weird reason.

Well, better late than never, they say. Overall, it was fantastic. I loved the chapters about Asuka and Shinji living in the farm, both before and after the birth of Aki. The chapters in the past were also amazing, watching those two fix everything and work hard to save everybody was delightful. I'm glad that they got a happy ending.

I see that The 2nd try has become one of the most famous Eva fanfics since I first read it all those years ago, and I say that the fame is well-deserved. Thanks for writing it.

Now I'm off to read Aki-chan's Life.
Order of Alignment chapter 3 . 5/14
Gendo is screwed.
Anagennisi chapter 13 . 5/12
I get the feeling that Gendo would be a surprisingly good grandfather... I don't know why however. And heaven help the poor fool(s) who would hurt Aki with Shinji, Asuka, Misato, and Kaji (and if Gendo were awake) as her protectors... I don't know why...
Shokeros chapter 13 . 4/13
Beautiful, simply beautiful
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 6 . 6/10/2019
I forgot how much the foot massage scene cracked me up. I'm glad I came back to read this.
trekaddict chapter 13 . 3/3/2019
I don't know if you're still monitoring this account, or when the last review came in, but I just went through this for a second time, and wow, the bleakness is real, to the point where I tended to prefer the future chapters. It's all in a good way, even though this story has reminded me why I never watched any form of Evangelion from beginning to the end. Just too bleak an ending for my tastes. That said, I like how you didn't force human-goo lite like so many other AUs do, and plain had them torpedo the canon (and yes, like you to me the original is still the best, for all me never watching it beyond episode 22ish) events enough for this best possible outcome happening.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find that your WebComic is still active, as when I wandered over there from TvTropes, I expected it to have died years ago, hell, I was surprised that the site was still active at all! So yeah, I hope you at least keep it up to the point where the family visit goes through, as I enjoyed it immensely, to the point that I considered making my own Zip archive, just in case!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2019
Excellent fic. I quite enjoyed it. I like the post 3rd impact chapters alot more than the eva timeline chapters. The eva thing is so overdone, but the 3i world was refreshing. Love the focus on the the pregnancy/raising of the child. Most as fic just end on a "asukas pregnant, what!" Cliff hanger. Props on making the story about the family and their love for each other and their daughter. Love the waff. 9/10 would recommend. Great job!
engel17white chapter 6 . 2/3/2019
por un segundo pensé que asuka si moría y shinji debería "repoblar" el mundo con su propia hija
Lina-Freedom chapter 1 . 1/20/2019
I am so glad that this story got finished. It alone makes it exceptional. It is a truly enjoyable and well structured story. The narrative threads are neatly woven and the payoff is equal to the set up. There were quite a few moments that made my eyes well up. It stays true to the original characters. I like the piece where Asuka was afraid of her pregnancy and tried to get rid of the kid because in the anime she uttered the "Its not like I want to have kids anyway." After reading the whole story, I can say that I would have enjoyed more if you went into more detail and made it longer but it might impair the pacing and the narrative might suffer for it. I just want to say, thank you for the great story. It is up there in the top 10 best fanfictions I have ever read.
Jeff Oliwek chapter 13 . 1/19/2019
god damnit man... first time reading this after seeing you pop into the A&T thread a few weeks ago... why did you stand there and chop onions in front of me for the entire last chapter?

excellent story. definitely one of my all time faves... now i know that my fan fic that tags off of Orchestrating the silence will never be as good as i want it to be (You have put the bar way too high...)... I just need more experience i guess.

anyway, thank you for the wonderful story and i'm so glad that everyone had a good ending... i only have one question... does Gendo ever wake up, and get the chance to be the grandpa that is more than he was as a father? that would be the ultimate happy ending...
Dragonjek chapter 13 . 12/30/2018
Rei and Aki are the _cutest_ goddamn thing I've ever seen.
DaMan chapter 13 . 11/2/2018
A real gem you produced here and the comic that continues the story.

For those who want more Aki and are lazy here it is:
YdXeva chapter 1 . 9/18/2018
Damn, you’ve done a great job. Reading this well after you’ve finished, but your tone is excellent and your characterization is just believable after 3i. Very impressed. Hope you check this site every few years !
Detinc chapter 13 . 8/19/2018
Bravo. Unlike most fanfics nowadays, you had a clear, concise goal and idea on what you wanted to change, and how to go about that.
Rankin de Merthyr chapter 13 . 8/17/2018
Omg, I can't describe how I feel that Aki is here.