Reviews for Cold Water
MsSeverusObsession chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
I love this story! It made me feel a lot better because obviously Rowling didn't write anything good about Snape, she doesn't like him. Your story changes Snape's life for the best and it makes me feel really good. I have a question though. When his woman says that she doesn't love him because she wanted to but because she chose to, does that mean that she didn't want to love him and she made a conscious choice to do it because he needs love? Is it like a sacrifice on her part or does she truly love him?
Rat-Man chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Holy shoot! Who is the girl?
Window Girl chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
"I didn't love Sirius because he deserved it. I loved him because he was my friend." I love that line. This story gives great insight into just how cruel Sirius could be and into Lupin's regret.
Jinnie chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
wow beautiful story, really well written loved the adjectives- not too over the top, just enough to give the story a realistic feeling. Brilliant work!
Kiviquespel chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Wow!

That was so, perfect!

Brilliant!

Extremely well written too, the dialog was amazing, as was the description.

Brilliantly done!
CoyoteWolf chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
Imagine Black apologizing for himself. Wouldn't that be a sight?

Lovely Fic.
sophierom chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Oh wow! I was so happy to find this! I read D&L a few months ago, and I loved it. This exchange between Remus and Snape was absolutely wonderful. Seemed very IC for both characters. I know you posted this fic (and D&L) quite a while ago, so I'm not sure if you're still reading reviews or writing fanfic, but I did want to say thanks for writing! I've really enjoyed your work.

Best,

Sophie
Bluerain22 chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
*sign* You write a great Snape!

I look forward to your presentation at Convention Alley (and possibly more stories?).

Keep up the great work, please :)
Aris Katsaris chapter 1 . 11/30/2003
Among all your short fics this is probably the one I like the most - by far.
Featuring a deliciously (and canonically :-) nasty and compelling Snape (rather than the somewhat milder version of the D&L trilogy)... that alone could excite me. But even more than that: I never realized until the story's end the quite nice analogy between Maud's forgiveness of (and love for) Snape who blinded her and Lupin's forgiveness of Sirius who used him. Both giving their affection to people who don't really deserve it but could use it nonetheles...
Ultra cool. *g* Kudos.
Btw, I've placed you among my favourite authors' list. :-)
marielabbott chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
I've had the pleasure of reading your Harry Potter fanfiction and just wanted to say thanks for writing such excellent tales. I especially liked this vignette. Snape and Lupin definitely could use such a healing conversation as you've written. It will be very interesting to see what Rowling decides to do with these two characters. Thanks for a glimpse of what could be...
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
Hi, I've read your Darkness & Light Revisions and wished you had followed through with the author's note in this chapter and had left them alone.

Sorry Ops or HP5 or Order of the Phoenix is a weighty, unwieldly tome, not worthy to be part of the HP universe. Tons of neat stuff. But, marred by cardboard, one use or no use characters. Worse is the misuse of the main characters except for Minerva. Wingy, cringy Harry, bah. I work with teens and few get that noodle brained. Finally so many plots which go no where, yuch.

Your stories were better before the revamp.
R.J. Anderson chapter 1 . 9/16/2003
Aurendel, I have in fact changed my mind on this since the A/N for this story was written, and am currently 3/4ths of the way through OOtP-revising the D&L trilogy for the very purpose you describe. It should be available at the end of September. Thanks for your interest!
aurendel chapter 1 . 9/16/2003
Dear RJ:

I enjoyed this vignette a great deal, and consequently have a request to make. I haven't read your stories before, and would like to go back and read your Darkness & Light series. You said you didn't want to re-edit those stories, but would you kindly reconsider this decision for the sake of those who happen across your work at this late date? Thank you very much.
KET chapter 1 . 9/9/2003
I have only just discovered the Darkness and Light trilogy (in fact, I haven't quite finished reading it). I don't know why I've never come across it before - perhaps because I usually search for SS/HG stories, but Maud Moody will do fine for me. You are a great writer! Please don't get bogged down in rewrting D&L - please carry on and write new stuff. There is so little good SS stuff coming out post OOtP.
Stardust Flare chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
Wow. Excellent characterizations of both Snape and Remus! The things each of them said sounded like something Rowling would write - great job there. The story was quite angsty too. *got misty while reading it towards the end* I like how you covered this touchy issue (the marauders vs Snape), especially how you ended it.

Again, great job! I hope you keep writing HP fanfics (esp. Snape ones) since you are able to capture the characters perfectly!