Reviews for Prophecy
Pitabread chapter 35 . 1/9/2011
Hi Raven,

This is just a little nudge for you to continue with the story. We haven't heard anything about the Patient Child yet! It's been two years since I first read Prophecy, and I'd really like to know how it ends.

Thanks,

Pita
fancyspinner chapter 4 . 10/5/2009
Ah yes, I can see why you would need to redo the sorting. personally think its rather prejudice to have only 1 house represent heros. Gryffindor will only encourage certain traits so smarts, loyalty, cunning, none of those things could be propperly explored. like, I can see Lisa in ravenclaw, or Slytherin as she has had to develop cunning in and maybe Adam in hufflepuff, James in Gryfindor I'm not too sure about the others. ah well, I'm off to keep reading.
tangentsferret chapter 7 . 3/15/2009
OK, *fine*, this story was finished over two years ago, but here's your review of it thus far (normally with something this old I wait until I've finished the whole thing, but...)

Story good. Plot interesting. Characterization not half bad. Please note I am still reading. That said: this "bits and pieces of story scattered all over the freaking place with no separate master list of continuity for what to read when" thing is one of the most ANNOYING things I have ever encountered in my entire reading life thus far, and babycakes, I have read a LOT of books and fanfic in my forty bibliomaniacal years of life! Yes, you have a general list up top in the bio, but it is not NEARLY detailed enough. If you are going to put spoilers in the side stories on a chapter by chapter basis for crying out loud LIST THEM that way SOMEWHERE, would you? Or else integrate them back into the main body of the fic.

And pay somebody to edit the "Hermoine" error or something, PLEASE! It is crazy-making. Once or twice, a typo, no big, but it's CONSISTENT. ARGH! It is also my considered opinion that if you have the urge to clarify something in notes at the end of what you have written, you have failed and should re-write the chapter until it is self-explanatory.

Still, in spite of all that, this arc-story-monstrosity-thing is better than about 98% of the fanfic out there.

There. You have your frelling gorram review. I hope it was useful to you.
Amy chapter 4 . 12/14/2007
they get aged at 3 to 1? So . . . will they come of age when they're really only 13? By the time they're done Hogwarts they'll be 33? But with the minds of 17 year olds? I do not get this at all.
Booknerd13 chapter 35 . 8/12/2007
Hey... I have been your fan for two years and I was wondering when you will post your next chapter.. I am sitting on the edge of my chair. The story is extremely well written and my favorite character/couple are Hangeld, Emma, Lisa, and Adam...
raveninthewind chapter 34 . 7/20/2006
Oh wow...that was unexpected. Very good though. I love the story so far, I just wish that you would update more frequently. However, since life does exist (unfortunately), I will forgive you as long as you keep churning out quality writing D
The Inebriated Lion-Minion chapter 34 . 7/19/2006
Ok, good chapter, though it took a while
DarkwitchRising chapter 34 . 7/18/2006
OMFG!

what happened? WHAT HAPPENED? oho! that's and evil, EVIL, ending top this chappie! besides that this was really good, please update ASAP... i'm dying over here!
kfc badman chapter 33 . 6/1/2006
one of the best storiesa ive ever read

P.S. i could read one of the long chapters in 30 mins
The Inebriated Lion-Minion chapter 33 . 5/7/2006
Bit of a sad chapter, but what's goning to happen next?

Thanks for the update, they keep me happy.

UPDATE! Please? Thanks
readerofHP chapter 33 . 5/6/2006
omg. that was...i was crying. Amazing story.

I'm sure you have a lot of plans already, but just a sugesstion - deaging potion for James and Tiffany?
kfc badman chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
n
obssesiveloser chapter 6 . 5/2/2006
Dear author of the Prophecy:

I am not very good at reviewing, and I must apologise if there is not a lot of constructive criticism in this note. I just wanted to inform you that I like the way your characters are not too perfect, but are good enough that we as readers can relate to. I like how the Prophecy is directly connected to the Harry Potter books, for example, how you have Hagrid's son. I admire your attention to detail, like how Rose and James are related to Harry and the rest of the Potters, as well as the Pendragons. You must have looked into the family trees.

I was rather surprised at your choice of career for Harry, the Quidditch teacher. I always imagined that he would become the Defense against the Dark Arts teacher or an Auror, given his past, however, your idea is very fitting. Of course Harry would inevitably always have a passion for the wizard sport.

I would advise you to write a prequel to the Prophecy and a sequel to the Harry Potter books, a connector between the two stories to explain more. I have read many stories, all on Harry Potter, and I believe that yours is, though not perfect, by far the most creative and interesting one. I have found myself wondering about different aspects of the piece frequently, and have noticed extensive foreshadowing and use of other literary devices. I can't help but notice the more mysterious side of the story, perhaps this is a bit of you, the author?

Anyways, I g2g now, but I think your story is awesome. You are now hearing the REAL obssesive_loser, not the person trying to sound proffesional. Did it work? ) and if you write that prequel to the Prophecy, please send me a link to the first chapter at

obssessive_loser
Lisa chapter 32 . 4/26/2006
OMG... Ron Stone was one of my favorites! :[.
donnie chapter 32 . 4/14/2006
arg. Not many fanfic's keep me up through the night, and to have it stop on a best cliffie so far is almost more than I can stand. Very nice character developement and the tension on the chap 32 was great.

The use of all the explosives and gunpowder around enemy elementals and wizards would be tricky though. How would you like it if your spare clips decided to fire while still in your pocket? As an old Drizzt Do'Urden fan, I love the borderguards. If you're going to tone it down to 50 words a chap, think I'll have to wait till you get 3 or 4 new ones up. One chapter would be about as satisfying as standing in the rain watching a party through a fogged up window. Love the story, love it, love it.