Reviews for A Gray Legacy
WHCnelson chapter 11 . 5/23
Nice story. Keep writing...
Verdauga chapter 2 . 5/20
Neat
Verdauga chapter 1 . 5/20
Very interesting.
flame55 chapter 11 . 5/6
This is great can't wait for more
jayod chapter 11 . 4/30
great read
Hadrian.Caeser chapter 11 . 4/18
Thx
Nysk chapter 11 . 4/12
Enjoyable tale so far.
I do hope there are not too many flashbacks as to what Jon did in the time skip, some authors end up writing the entire skip out (or most) thereby negating the skip entirely. Not a real fan of such things, but that's my opinion.
I like the idea of him rescuing both Sansha and Ned. Did he have to leave Ice behind, (The Stark Sword). I would imagine so.
Thanks for writing and I look forward to updates.
Camsonius chapter 11 . 4/11
Ha! Great update.

You had me on the edge of my seat as they all escaped! I kept expecting something to go sideways right up to the point they climbed aboard the ship.

Lynesse Hightower for the win! Did not see that coming. You might be the first person I’ve run across taking a sympathetic approach to her, and I applaud you for the originality. I look forward to her conversation with Ned on the way… wherever they are headed now.

I can’t wait for your next chapter! It’s nice to see the Stark family at least on its way to being reunited. Of course, Dragonstone is now in the way of home for the Northerners…

Thank you!
PyreElegy chapter 1 . 4/9
I love the story and an very much looking forward to the next chapter, but I would like to say one piece of criticism, or rather forewarning. Please keep the PoV shifts down.

Ive seen many stories, especially in this fandom, go down the route of writing too many PoV shifts, that the overall story suffers because of it.

Jon is the main character. I care a lot about him at this point because the entire focus on the story up to this point has been him. Im invested in jon, and I would love to have seen his preparation, planning, and execution of his rescue from his PoV.

That isnt to say that the chapters were bad by any means, they were fantastic. All I’m saying is to let Job be the hero of his own story.
Runic Arithmancer Uzumaki chapter 11 . 4/5
Amazing Story. I love it!
Vctor Nova 12 chapter 11 . 4/4
Excellet chapter!
HughJasz chapter 11 . 4/4
Certainly did not expect the massive time skip in the last two chapters but I'm interested to see where things go. I hope you'll eventually reveal what all happened during the jump as we obviously missed a lot.

Best of luck with the fic. Hope you stick with it.
I love
Ellie.Cast4 chapter 11 . 4/3
Lynesse, lol. THAT was not who I was expecting to be in on this but I freaking love that she is. I mean, she wasn’t the slaver so the “YOU” had me smirking. I get why the North scorns her but still. Looking forward to the backstory of how a materialistic runaway highborn is traveling with a Northern bastard as (what appears to be) his second in command. Good stuff.
That power struggle in the balck cells felt right, Ned using the “a” word was something shitty considering why our boy left in the first place. Examples of when emotional manipulation fails to work on children, lol. So interested in how the dynamics play out since Jon is so independent and a commander not dependent on the Warden of the North’s goodwill or approval (though he probably still desires it) I’m hyped. I do wonder just how long Ned will belly gaze before he tells him his origins.
Also, Sansa’s truly baffled response to not talking to the Prince was spot on and hilarious.
Pericles of Cholargos chapter 11 . 4/3
Lynesse Hightower? Now that is out of leftfield. Interesting; I can't help but wonder how you've created that backstory.