Reviews for A Bittersweet Elegy
Fenris Jin chapter 8 . 2/25/2014
Finally, three close comrade from the past. One finally recognizes him! :P

Hurray for Yahiko! ..Hmm.. wonder if Sano realized it too?
Fenris Jin chapter 7 . 2/25/2014
My Kami. That was pretty cruel. I think your quote from Sophocles from last chapter is more fitting in this one..

Kenshin might have somehow put his foot in his mouth. Not after telling Kaoru that 'she' died by his hands. His lover I mean. Kaoru knows about the circumstances of Tomoe's death.. and then him using Akira's name? Well, surely, one can't fault the girl if she drew the wrong conclusions from that.

He might have resolved to bury the past with Kaoru now.. But I don't think he'll be able to hold once he learns that Iwasaki is planning to marry her. :D
Fenris Jin chapter 6 . 2/25/2014
Dear, dear Kenshin. Kaoru saved you're little ass again. LOL

I wonder when he'll finally hear someone call her by her name.. Kenshin's denial, his new look and facial hair is impeding a heartfelt reunion. XD

I wonder if the Oniwabanshu know of this little issue KK has.
Fenris Jin chapter 5 . 2/25/2014
When Kaoru countered Kenshin.. I thought he should figure that it was proof enough that she indeed was Kaoru and not just someone who looked like her. I mean, he'd been hit by her several times in the past.. XD

Anyway, I have to admit though, that some wicked part of me wanted to see what would happen if Kenshin did kill her before realizing it was her..

Hmm.. I wonder if her journals will be in anyway useful to Kenshin?
Fenris Jin chapter 4 . 2/25/2014
I thought at the beginning that Kenshin was aware that Kaoru was alive. But it doesn't seem to be the case during the evening's events. I would think Himura discreet enough not to kill in close proximity to Kamiya.

Now that Kaoru thinks her redhead is dead, I wonder why they didn't demand for the body? Conspiracy? Is Saitou aware of the non-dead status of both?
Fenris Jin chapter 3 . 2/25/2014
Kenshin should have somewhat been curious as what happened with Yahiko and Sano. If he was willing to dive in that inferno to rescue her, Kaoru's other boys would have done the same.. Hmm, too much grief and hatred must have made him lose sight of that. Poor thing.. But boy, he's rather lucky. Sano and Kaoru sustained burns.. and Yahiko might have some too.. He however, was relatively unscathed. XD

It was pretty chilling when Kenshin all but admitted to Saitou that he will have his vengeance. It was a beautiful moment of camaraderie between the two.
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
I hope you don't mind me dropping in on this after so long. :)

The scene with the burning dojo was certainly painful. Even Saitou felt remorseful about it.

And, the ring. Man, such a symbolic tragedy for KK.
sulou chapter 9 . 12/12/2012
I just noticed that you updated your profile awhile back, leaving me with a small hope that you might still update this story.

I'm still waiting. . . hoping you will find your inspiration somewhere to finish this lovely story.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 10 . 9/21/2011
It's the mark of a true author when the events in the story seem as if by Fate.

I like the quotes that you put in the beginning of each chapter. They tend to lend themselves to the chapter they're for and add depth to them.

That does not stop me from wanting to beat the living hell out of Kenshin with a blunt stick for being such a dumbass, however. . The man couldn't spot some hard-earned good luck if it hit him with a tofu bucket. It must just be how you wrote the story (which I can't repeat enough how brilliant I think it is, by the way), but he damn well better get Kaoru back as his woman or someone should tattle about his feelings - and I'm a female, to boot.

hope you manage to finish this,

brittney
ashley chapter 10 . 6/5/2010
i know it's been a while but i really do hope that you finish this story someday! it's sooo good!
foxinsocks92 chapter 10 . 5/27/2010
So far, the writing has been amazing and the story just..omg. but considering this hasn't been updated since 2004 my guess would be that you're not writing anymore...however i can only hope :)
Grace chapter 10 . 11/20/2009
WOW.

That was one amazing story! It's sad that you haven't updated for so long. Perhaps you have lost inspiration to write it to the end or have become too busy with your personal life. But let me just tell you that I really like your style of writing. The grammar and the choice of words are unbelievably good, if not perfect! (_) Because of both the plot and the writing itself, I really enjoyed reading this work.

More power to you! Thanks for sharing such an great piece of work!
Brukaoru chapter 10 . 5/2/2009
This story is absolutely amazing! The characterizations are great. The writing is fantastic. It would be a shame to never see this finished, but it is quite good for what it is.
shadow of the lost chapter 10 . 1/29/2009
i know it's been years since you've updated on this story... but please consider starting it up again? D i really enjoy reading this story!
shadow of the lost chapter 7 . 1/29/2009