Reviews for English Class on the Hellmouth
Whyhow chapter 1 . 5/13
This is very good. I don't know about the exact characterization, but it seems like a good image of Sunnydale in general.
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Very awesome and well-written. :) I like it - especially this part:

Now Ms. Radison has them talking about Dracula legends. I'd like to share, but I can't. 'Oh yeah, Dracula was in Sunnydale. He had the hots for my sister, the Slayer, just like every other vampire in this town. He did this thrall thing on her and Xander and it was really gross. Oh, and Spike says he's a poncy bugger who owes him eleven quid.'

Nope, can't bring that up. Sunnydale's unwritten rules of denial and all that. But it will be fun to read this, especially seeing Spike's reaction to me reading Dracula. He'll probably flip about me reading "some cheap hack's novel that buggered it up for the rest of us vamps".

"Miss Summers, do you have anything to add?"

Crap, Ms. Radison caught me zoning. I consider mumbling some non answer about how I agree with everyone else, but she's got this nasty smirk on her face. Not to mention, everyone else knows I'm Buffy's sister. Meaning, I should know all about this stuff.

I perk up and smirk back at her, doing my best to imitate Spike's screw you grin, the one that pisses Buffy off so much.

"Well, vampires can be killed by a stake through the heart, sunlight, fire, and decapitation. You can also use crosses and holy water to hurt them, but it doesn't kill them. Vampires are created when one vampire feeds off a human and makes the human feed off him - that's called siring. A vampire can't enter a house unless invited; he then has an open invitation unless you cast a deinvite spell," Ms. Radison has a fish look on now, and everyone else is nodding in respect. When it comes to the supernatural, you don't mess with the Summers girls.

I continue.

"Vampires look just like any other human, except for the no heartbeat or body temperature thing. You can only recognize a vampire when their demonic face shows; it's got forehead ridges and yellow eyes to go along with the fangs. Some vampires can also do a thrall -"

Ms. Radison cuts me off. Her little ploy to catch me daydreaming didn't work. "I'm pleased to see that you read a lot of vampire fiction, Miss Summers. Now will someone help me pass out these books?"

Vampire fiction! No way, this info comes straight from the mouth of the Slayer's sister! I have sat on way too many Scooby meetings listening to Giles lecture. Not to mention the sheer practical stuff that any Sunnydale resident picks up.

Simply extraordinary and creative, too. :)

Keep it up with your super-neat, very brilliant and phenomenally cool writing! :)
Lila chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
Hilarious! This is definitely one of the funniest fics I've read. Keep up the good work!
flying alien chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
that's hilaroius! by the way, my story...Normal? you reviewed it so i thought it would be fair to tell you that i won't be updateing again, no time to type, no time at all!
RomyRockz chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
Love it
Chelle86 chapter 1 . 1/24/2004
Oh this was so good!*cracks up laughing and is kicked out of school library by the librarian. sneaks back in while his back is turned* Now I know why I like your fics so much, even this short one is superb!
artemis66 chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
hahahahahahahahahhah. that was so funny. u should write more.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
funny .
teaonthestairs chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
Hey,

I loved this short fic, very funny. more like it please!
Lachriel chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
Heeheeheeheeheeheehee. When she asked Dawn to contribute I just pictured her droning "Into every generation..." But then Reality slapped me in the back of the head as told me that since you're a good author that she wouldn't do that because Dawn knows that Buffy would 'wig out' or something.
Asarielle chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
Why don't you continue this? You're a great writer and this could be an equally great story! Please?
Lady Moiraine chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
LOL This is beautiful! I can just see that happening too, especially since it's high school kids who are most likely to pick up on the vampires-are-real thing (younger kids are often oblivious and adults are the rational ones who forget what they can't explain away). I love the garlic-bug spray analogy; it's very fitting.

Anyway, great job on this one. Are you planning to continue it? It'd be fun to see how the class reacts to the actual reading of the book.
Dawnlady chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
more more more ... sunnyhell high reading dracula is just a blody good idea
dawn of the new world chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
that ending was so funny i sprayed my coke on my screen. you've gotta updat. and SON!
Nicki-boo chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
LOL- that was great, just great! :~)