Reviews for Beyond the Veil
DoraL chapter 2 . 8/17
Me again. I read quite a few HP fanfic in these months, and I like a few of them. Some, although OOC, are still entertaining to read; a couple, such as Robin's UU, I consider as legend, a saga.
But if I have to pick one as my favourite, it is still this very one.
it simply feels so good to live in this world to be able to have the honor to read your masterpiece
DoraL chapter 1 . 3/31
It has been more than a decade since you post this story. Don't know how you feel about it now, but thank you for your story, for the touch it keeps bringing to generations of readers.
Your story is so well-developed and I am out of word to praise it, in English or in my native language. Simply splendid. Not just a fanfic, but a great novel. The characters, the language, the story developed. Even book 6 and 7 have been out for years, I still think yours is (one of the very very few fanfic I have read by far) comparably good to the canon.
I cannot remember exactly when the 5th book came out, but difficult for me to reminisce Sirius has been gone for so long. Too many times I wish JKR would not be so busy with finishing Voldemort in 7 volumes, but spend more time on Remus, Sirius, and the relationship between them and others. But guess cannot satifies everybody :) To me Sirius and Remus are still there, somewhere. If alternative universe does exist then I wish they are staying in this one, because I think they would like it too.
I finish my ramble review with the sentence that moves me most in your story: "I would have been godfather to James's second child, he (Remus) thought irrelevantly."
This-hits-me-hard
Thank you again for the great work.
Ani Mei chapter 10 . 3/18
I'm so relieved, I was so worried that Remus would look. It feels like there would be a sequel, that premise of being set up is very creepy and intriguing, as is the description of the land beyond the veil and mirror.
Yattanaruto chapter 10 . 8/30/2014
I absolutely loved this fic! Amazing how you portrayed Harry, Sirius, Remus and Snape.
NerdLifeIsAGreatLife chapter 10 . 7/27/2014
this was really cute and well thought out! Loved it!
RootsOfAHotelWindow chapter 10 . 7/20/2014
Oh wow! This was fab, the bit where Remus is in the veil doubting himself was so tense, I thought he'd pull off the blindfold and get stuck! Good one.
Newt Marauder chapter 10 . 6/1/2014
I really enjoyed this story. The complex magic in the story was fascinating, and it made the story feel like it had come straight out of one of the books. The characters were very well done, and I think you did a great job portraying Harry's relationships with Remus and Sirius. The story overall was very intriguing and well done. Thanks for the great read!
Rae Roberts chapter 7 . 3/13/2014
Awesome chapter.
Rae Roberts chapter 5 . 3/13/2014
Lupin is just brilliantly written. I am really enjoying this fic so much.
Rae Roberts chapter 3 . 3/12/2014
Yes! I couldn't take it any longer if Sirius couldn't have made contact!
Also, I love how you write Remus. He's perfection.
Rae Roberts chapter 2 . 3/12/2014
Oh, poor Remus, that broke my heart. So glad Molly could return the favor and at least try and comfort him. This is really interesting and I love the way you've woven it into the original story.
Rae Roberts chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
I haven't had the slightest interest in Harry Potter in years now, but this fic just changed that.
EowynofRohan13 chapter 10 . 2/12/2014
This has officially become my headcannon for the end of OotP. I loved it, thank you so much for writing it.
FashionablyHospitable chapter 8 . 12/22/2013
Orpheus.
drivingon chapter 10 . 11/2/2013
This is a pretty phenomenal story! I know you wrote it a decade ago and probably don't read reviews, but I couldn't resist saying something. This was amazing.