Reviews for Beyond the Veil
The Path of Supreme Conquest chapter 3 . 5/2
I love Remus and Sirius so much and I'm so invested.
Inkling Blotspot chapter 10 . 3/9
Oh my goodness how is this so good! Usually when people invent new branches of magic for fanfiction it's sounds like bullshitomancy but I really bought your entire premise! Very neat story, I can't believe it's been almost 14 years since you finished this (and I am very glad you finished it!)
ReynardinePotter chapter 10 . 2/20
I love this so much
ReynardinePotter chapter 8 . 2/20
This chapter has had the same effect as a bar of chocolate to me today
ReynardinePotter chapter 5 . 2/20
If Snape saves Sirius will I hate him less? It helps that you said it was AU and that it was before the later books were published
ReynardinePotter chapter 3 . 2/20
Thank goodness he found a way to communicate.i hope the shades aren't attracted
ReynardinePotter chapter 2 . 2/20
So good already!
sillybean28 chapter 10 . 2/14
I thoroughly enjoyed the story. It was very well thought out and wasn't too fast or slow paced. I was expecting a little bit more at the end, maybe to expand a bit more on their discoveries. Questions I have include how can the dementors be beaten using the knowledge of their origins, or if Srius lost his animagus form by passing through the veil or being in that mirror world for some time,- could Remus have lost his werewolf by crossing the the veil too? Or what about the possible prophecies Remus could have that help Harry fight Voldemort? What about expanding a bit more on Snape's past in relevence to your background story and his interactions with Remus and Sirius back in the day (especially in regards to his knowledge). There are so many possibilities, thank you for creating this AU story.
hogwartsaheadcanon chapter 7 . 11/4/2016
You handle the emotion just so... it's flawless, it really is.
hogwartsaheadcanon chapter 6 . 11/4/2016
It's chilling, it's utterly chilling. I'll have nightmares again I suspect, but I'll continue re-reading all the same. God I love this fic.
hogwartsaheadcanon chapter 5 . 11/4/2016
Harry's gradual dawning understanding of something between Remus and Sirius is wonderful, and you write Snape fantastically x
hogwartsaheadcanon chapter 3 . 11/4/2016
Just something about Remus slipping forward on the swing is so perfectly Remus, so absolutely him... You characterise them all *so* well, Petunia included :P
hogwartsaheadcanon chapter 2 . 11/4/2016
Oh it's so brilliantly crafted and so upsetting and so frightening—just brilliant. The horror of Sirius being, once again, locked in with Dementors, only this time there is no distance he can run—this is there home, where they live... awful and wonderful and Remus makes me want to weep.
hogwartsaheadcanon chapter 1 . 11/4/2016
(SPOILERS)
I think it may be time for an apology on my part. I have read this fic SO MANY TIMES and I LOVE IT every time. I came across when I was still in my fledgeling stage of fandom, telling myself not to get too committed, scared of any fic over 10,000 words, but something about this fic beckoned. Once I started on it, I couldn't stop. I was addicted, I stayed up for *hours* unable to put it down. I ran past every mirror I encountered for weeks, and (though it must have been over two years since I first read it) every once in a while as I am trying to get to sleep I get an image of someone, dead-eyed and empty, staring into a reflection of themselves that seems, somehow... alive. That image, right there, is, without a doubt, the most frightening thing I've ever read or watched, within fandom and outside of it. It haunts me and I suspect it always will. It has shaped my whole interaction with the entire genre of horror—mirrors have become the ultimate device of terror in my mind.
I cannot put adequately into words how much I adore this fic—the dynamic between Sirius and Remus, Remus' interactions with Harry and Snape, the tension and the pacing that somehow packs hundreds of thousands of words worth of emotion and energy into 47,000, and the ending that leaves so much to the imagination without my feeling the slightest bit cheated—I am far too busy watching shadows and shuddering at my own reflection—since you got the unnerving tone SO RIGHT that I can see them all, silent in each other's' company, wondering what the future has in store.
Your writing is incredible, your ideas genius, your originality and creativity mind-blowing. I thank you, so desperately thank you, for publishing this masterpiece, and apologise for not letting you know so sooner x
MomoPeachFlower chapter 10 . 9/30/2016
Ok so with the whole Padfoot not able to turn into Padfoot, I was almost hoping that by going through, Remus had lost the curse of the werewolf. Oh well.
Anyway, this was super cool and I love it a lot. Can't believe how old this story is. I only just found it too!