Reviews for The Claiming of the Ring
Trilliah chapter 2 . 7/31/2003
Ahh! Oh, evil place to end! Cliff hanger!

This is amazing. Utterly amazing. Plot, characters, grammar-you thought of everything. I'm sitting here in stunned silence trying to think of some way to impart my astonishment to you, but I'm doing pretty badly. Just-GAH! I've seen 'what if Sam killed Gollum' stories before, but this is by far the best, and probably the only one that really seems to fit Tolkien's descriptions of Barad Dur. Shoot, this entire story could very well be an extention of Tolkien, given how well it's written. I'm still rather stunned from the descriptions of the Round Room, still touched at Frodo covering Sam with the cloak or clinging to what he believed to be Sam's corpse, still moved at their first sight of the sun after so many weeks in shadow. This is an utterly astounding piece of work; I do hope you have the next part up very very soon. 0_0

An eager fan,

~Trilliah
Linnea chapter 2 . 7/29/2003
WOW! What a Movie THIS would make!
Ancalime8301 chapter 2 . 7/29/2003
Wow... Your imagination absolutely fascinates me. You have come up with a lot of detail about the Dark Tower and how it runs, and it's all perfectly believable (though some of it is certainly frightening!). I'm exceedingly glad Sam managed to get he and Frodo free, though of course I'm wondering what will happen to the poor hobbits next! Hopefully whoever shot them down will help them once they realize they aren't orcs or anything. :) This is a very intriguing story, and I'm looking forward to more!
Amrunofthesummercountry chapter 2 . 7/28/2003
Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow! This..this...this story is *so* good! You are an amazing writer! Everything flows together so perfectly, just like in Tolkien's stories! And the description: superb! Why, why , oh why hasn't this story recieved more reviews! Amazing! I'm breathless! Oh wow...
Frodo Freak2 chapter 2 . 7/28/2003
Oh my! How can you only have two reviews so far? Tut tut, that won't do, you need more, your story deserves at least 40. You better hurry up soon, and if you don't I'll...I'll...have to wait here like everybody else...:(
Amrunofthesummercountry chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
Ai, me...may the Valar protect our little hobbits. This story has me in its grips; I hadn't gotten even halfway through it before I was in tears. I'm just terrible handling angst, and this was written so well...::shudder:: I'll be having nightmares tonight. Congratulations! It takes a talented author to do that to me. _

I normally don't read angsty stories (like I said, I'm horrible about it. They make my heart ache...)but this one is too good not to read. *sigh* I suppose I'll have to suffer then. Darn you talented authors! Darn you! _
Ancalime8301 chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
Wow... what a riveting alternate ending! This is a truly fascinating story, very realistic, and shows much careful planning. Stories such as this are the only reason I still participate on this site. :) I greatly anticipate the continuation of this tale.
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4