Reviews for Valour Without Renown
Beloved Daughter chapter 17 . 2/9/2014
Absolutely brilliant story! I loved the story you created for the "ordinary woman". Thanks for writing and posting - I highly enjoyed reading it!
TMI Fairy chapter 17 . 9/26/2013
I liked this story. Well written and states the often overlooked fact of Eowyn Eomundsdottir abandoning her post of Regent to seek Glorious Death.
Sam aside, all the main characters in LoTR are at the very least high aristocracy.
Freyalyn chapter 17 . 3/2/2012
I've read this before, but I don't think I reviewed, and just wanted to let you know I think this is an excellent story. You've covered all the practicalities and basics that have to be dealt with when the menfolk are away warring. And I've always wondered who took up the reins of leadership when Eowyn ran off. Thank you for making sure Moth came back.
Guest chapter 17 . 6/19/2008
I really enjoyed this story so thank you!
Camille chapter 17 . 4/10/2008
This was a wonderful story. The characterization was excellent. You were able to make an original character intriguing and realistic. Thanks for taking the time to write such a beautiful story for a perspective that is not commonly seen in LOTR fanfiction writing.
Lialathuveril chapter 17 . 2/6/2008
It's nice to see you finally posted the last chapter here - although I was lucky and got to read it at HASA already. This is such a wonderful story, one of my all-time favourites.

Again, thank you for giving me a wonderful read.

Lialathuveril chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Well, I've just left a lengthy review over on HASA, but let me just say that I enjoyed this story enormously. Elfled comes across as clearly belonging to Rohan and you've done a wonderful job of fleshing out their culture. I loved all the small details you've added and really enjoyed your narrator's very distinctive voice.

And I hope you'll write more about the Rohirrim, the longer the better.

Nienor Niniel chapter 16 . 10/26/2006
*sniff* Oh, that was nice! I especially liked how she got her gift - and, of course, the last scene.

All the best, Nienor
Guest chapter 16 . 10/26/2006
I am so pleased to see this - delighted to find that Elfled has survived the bitter winter and is coming to the spring. With the growth and rebirth that is associated with it.

She has made her peace with Eowyn. Hereward has survived, the baddie is dead, Eowyn has given her the tapestry - and Elfled is enjoying herself with Elfhelm. Prospect good!
Nienor Niniel chapter 15 . 10/15/2006
Glad to see this fic go on! But you left us with quite a cliffhanger now.

I'm looking forward to more!

Guest chapter 14 . 11/19/2005
Oh, nice! Good, good, good. I'm so pleased to see another chapter here. And Elfled has almost consented to being courted by Elfhelm - which is a very good thing since nasty old Wulfram is sniffing around with an eye to the main chance.

More! Elfled deserves happiness. Even if she does take a while getting there.
Nienor Niniel chapter 14 . 11/18/2005
Ooh, nice ending of the chapter! Perhaps she will even come round before Hereward is of age...

But I fear Wulfred is up to something evil. I wonder...

It's great you updated! And I look forward to more!

Sandra chapter 13 . 10/26/2005
That you've had so few reviews saddens me. It also proves that few readers have any taste or perhaps that most reviewers haven't passed thier 14th year or overcome their desire for escapism through badly drawn Mary Sues.

This is one of the best fics I've read for LOTR. You give an amazing glimpse into a culture that is much underrepresented in LOTR fanfiction. You have also managed to do the near impossible- creating an original character that is a pleasure to read. You have created Elfled with unflinching realism and careful attention to detail. Thank you so much for such an amazing character and writing a story that is true to the books and spirit of Middle Earth.

I greatly look forward to the next chapter.
Nienor Niniel chapter 13 . 10/8/2005
Ah, another update. That's great!

I wonder if someone will happen between her and Elfhelm. I already had the suspicion before.

Will she go to the wedding? Will the terrible man still be after her? So many questions...

Until next chapter, all the best! Nienor
Nienor Niniel chapter 12 . 9/29/2005
Thanks for your e-mail! I'm glad that you updated so quickly.

I think I already told you that I like the perspective. The rebuilding of what was destroyed is never really shown in the books, and I think you do this very well. I also like that you show how rebuilding after a war is often women's work, like in wars in our times.

Until next chapter, Nienor