Reviews for I Bequeath
Prophetic Fire chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Gha! Too much talent! Anyway, great fic. These things I swear seem like they could've happened! I mean in Tolkien's world. Heh! Think about it though. The writing is excellent; almost Tolkien-worthy in itself! And the plot! I rave! You have to write more of these.
Nilmandra chapter 1 . 7/11/2003
This is wonderfully done. I like how you show the weight of the responsibility and perhaps the evil Gil-Galad is fighting from carrying these rings. I find it interesting that Cirdan knows that Gil-Galad will give Vilya to Elrond. His gift of foresight must have pained him greatly, to know that Gil-Galad would die.

How interesting to wonder, too, if Cirdan and Elrond ever spoke about the rings, if they knew the other had them - of if Elrond learned of Narya's whereabouts from Mithrandir.

Beautifully written.
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 7/11/2003
*smiles* That was a stunning story. Trying to think of why I liked it so much... I loved the descriptions especially of the stormy sea (which sort of made you just picture the Havens and drew me into the story). I also really liked your characterisations of Cirdan and Gil-galad. It's rare to see fics featuring Cirdan and this is the best I've seen (in my opinion anyhow). Also really like the concern that Cirdan shows Gil-galad and the echoes back to his childhood - and also the visions. What a terrible burden to bear, marching to war and knowing the fate of someone you care for. Anyway... wonderful delicious story... added it to favourites!
Ithilwen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
A very nice vignette. Cirdan is rather underwritten in this fandom. I particularly like the moment when he looks at Narya and contrasts the nature of Noldoran craftsmanship and his own, recognizing the way in which the Noldors' art, for all its beauty, is subtly tainted with the same hubris that drives Morgoth - the desire to truly create rather than merely lovingly shape.