Reviews for M sur M police station revisited
KanPoHongChenDeC chapter 9 . 8/2/2021
What an extraordinary story! Oh god, this is from 2003? I was only one year old at the time, man, that classic never dies.
mo chapter 9 . 2/1/2013
Oh PLEASE keep going! I love your Javert. And the interaction is lovely. I'm so glad Fantine finally figured out what he was doing. And I want to hear the answer to her question, even if she thought it was a stupid one.
KrnYong chapter 9 . 1/26/2013
I ship Fantine/Javert now... :P
He's pretty hilarious in this, telling her to dress him up again! XD
And wow, he actually took the time to give her a medical exam and he must've been hortified by Fantine's suggestion that he was "playing". I loved the humor and characterization. Bravo!
Lady X chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This fanfic is amazing! I adore your writing style. I especially like Fantine's last question. ;]]
Kimmeth chapter 9 . 9/26/2010
I actually first read this about four years ago, just after I had first discovered fanfiction. Even then, I was struck by the beauty of the ending. Now that I have dabbled in and out of more of your fics, it makes it even more poignant. I really like this character exploration, and the prose is clear and clever as always. And like I said, I have loved the last line for four years.
Blonde Shadowcat chapter 8 . 2/20/2010
They wouldn't let me review for the last chapter, since I reviewed it what...has it been years?...ago. So now I review upon THIS chapter, instead! :D

I recently bumped back into this story, and remembered why I loved it so much! But I have to ask...is it over? I'm not quite sure if you intended it to end here, or if it's supposed to go any further. I'd LOVE it if it wasn't over, just so you know. You should really really consider continuing with this, because it really was (and is) an awesome story with tons of potential, no matter which direction it takes!
L'Ael-Inire chapter 6 . 9/26/2009
"Mademoiselle, would you kindly dress me back up again? I'm getting chilled."

I laughed for days.

L'Ael
Amaruk Wolfheart of the Wraith chapter 9 . 3/2/2009
I really liked this - particularly your characterization of Javert. Very well done.
Blonde Shadowcat chapter 9 . 3/25/2006
Wow! This is so good!

I feel really stupid for asking, but, since you haven't updated since, uum...2003, I'm assuming it's over. Dangit. I really like this story! I love the perspective you put on this, and (I know it says the story is complete BUT...) I would be so freakishly happy if you continued.

Keep writing!
Johanna chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
Wow, but you are GOOD!

I study the medics myself and you must have done a thorough research on examination techniques to be able to describe it all so well. and the way you capture the atmosphere ...

Im awed! and desperately longing for more!
caudelac chapter 4 . 1/22/2006
I can't believe I haven't read this before. I will finish it later- but GOD are you good. Tiens!
Tonight-Tonight chapter 9 . 10/2/2005
This is really a great story, and I love the other side of Javert that you've managed to capture very well. I'd love to see another chapter definitely.
TeriyakiKat chapter 9 . 8/26/2005
fascinating... confusing... original... and i have no idea what to make of him. i think i'll have to read more of your stuff before i can say much about your javert... he's so... different.

i really like the way you've taken up the interpretation of javert's sense of humor, if that's what you would call it. i don't know that you interpret it the same way as i did, but it's an aspect of him that i had almost forgotten that you've reminded me of, (of course, its been years since i thought of les mis much at all-past obsession) and it get's forgotten sort of often. as i recall it, it's a sort of savage, bold, maybe not quite bullying because it's generally inflicted on unbullyable people, a bit sardonic though not much on the deep thought side... (what are examples... it's more of sardonically amused comments than actual jokes, but there's the taunting of the thenardiers and patron minette, of valjean with the knife (surin)... i suppose the taking his time chasing valjean and cosette down the alley was similar) i'm not sure where your views of him and mine intersect. i need to read more of your stuff. the total confusing of fantine does make a certain sense to me, given this less dogged portrayal: his sense of humor has always been a little cruel.

the main point of total oddity in this story to me is your contention that hugo's explanation really didn't fit him, which is an absolutely fascinating one. the theme of les mis as pertaining to javert had to do the debate between mercy and justice. as you point out in your bio, this isn't really much of a debate to most people who aren't javert: a balance between them seems like the best idea all round. your decision to make javert already know that is bold, but i'm not sure where it leaves him, given that he must eventually be so shocked by the concept of mercy and lack of social hierarchy that he would rather die than rethink his relationship to these concepts. with your javert, it's really hard to see this happening. he's very valjean, really, so much so that the tension between them that eventually needs to exist seems inexplicable from where we stand now. he doesn't have that ferocious, willfully blind streak that was what drew me to the character, and i'm not sure what to make of him without it. broadening him into someone wise enough in the ways of the world to not see everything as black and white makes sense, but it seems like something fell by the wayside here.

is valjean going to come into this eventually? if so, and if you manage a real ideological contention between them that is believeable under your interpretation of the character, that would be absolutely fascinating, particularly since, from where we are now, i can't imagine how it would come about and on what it would be based. he seems to be grumbling about valjean when he's talking about the mantle of authority not being a guarantee of goodness (another bold direct contradiction of hugo... i suppose in hugo he just had an idea of rightful authorityperfect but with imposters possible)... but it seems like, from the way you have him, if he knew the whole story he would be quite close to condoning it, and the divide between them takes on more of the character of a romantic comedy misunderstanding than an ideological irreconcilability.

you inspire really long reviews, you know. _~

it's a thought-provoking stance you're taking with him, for which i have to admire you, and yet i have no idea how it can be pulled together coherently with the canonical characters actions, even if the descriptions of him are eschewed. but i'm curious to see what you're planning to do with him and what you've already done that i haven't read yet.
Silveni chapter 9 . 7/28/2005
This is really interesting, and shows Javert's character as i know it mostly like what I thought he might do in such a situation. Fantine's a bit different than I would think, but not impossible. I've not finished with the book yet, I'm about three-quarters of the way, but I'm now hooked on your story, despite. Please update.
The Littlest Dragon chapter 9 . 4/10/2004
Wow. Just wow. I love it. The way you portray Javert to me has even made him MORE my favorite character of Les Miserables-as if he wasn't enough before ) This is truly a spectacular story.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »