Reviews for Harry Potter and the Phoenix's Flight
Mila Rose chapter 35 . 4/27/2007
He just -has- to get himself in trouble doesn't he.
masqueraver chapter 25 . 4/25/2007
Wow, this is a review for a lot of chapters! I think, 19-25, so 7 chapters? They were just so enthralling, I couldn't stop to review!

I don't know if all this stuff is from the right chapters, but oh well.

Chapter 19 - Alrister's gone. And he's Rookwood's cousin? And I can see why he wouldn't like his first name, it would likely remind him of Sarah.

Chapter 20- Yay, they won the match! Too bad for the Reserves though, what a humiliating defeat. That was funny about the Harry and Cho announcement.

Chapter 21- Ouch, what a scary nightmare. I know if I'd been in his place I'd've peed my pants before I woke up. Lol, I guess that's what makes me different from Harry.

Chapter 22- How sad about Draco! So he's and orphan, *and* a quarter-veela? Interesting revelations. Got me thinking, those did.

Chapter 23- ROFL! They fell asleep in a closet...if this was any other fic the rumours about that incident would have been much worse. I like how you handled it.

Chapter 24- Oh, that's really illegal stuff he's got there, isn't it? If I were Snape, I wouldn't have entrusted that stuff to Harry. I just thought of something. The vaxilis potion? They can make it with Draco's phermones if they run out? Hmm, wouldn't want to make him infertile though, the last drops of blood, and all. And that dog toy with the clown? I think it's from Peeves, personally, but who knows?

Chapter 25- Ouch, what a fight. McGonagall took 200 points off of every house, didn't she? So it's not like that really had any effect. That dog collar thing is hilarious. I can imagine Harry just scratching at something invisible around his neck...heheh.

Also, I don't remember when exactly I thought of this, but Cupid? Could Cupid really be an Animagus, like I-Forgot-Who said, and be the other guardian? Or is just a really smart hawk? Just a thought.

These were a really great couple of chapters, I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. The definitely warranted this extremely long review.

masqueraver chapter 18 . 4/25/2007
Yay, Harry and Draco are on good terms. I'm glad he realized that he was actiing like a prat with that Malfoy-abuse.

I laughed about the shouting match with Snape! I just bet no one's ever yelled at him, lol.

Oh noes! The Slytherins are sick! I hope Draco gets better in time for the Quidditch match, what, a month away? I hope Zabini stays sick though. He can't ever get better, heheh.

Kainda Zabini...that's creative making him have a sister. I hope she doesn't turn into a Mary-Sue though. She seems good for now though.

Great couple of chapters!

masqueraver chapter 15 . 4/24/2007
Guardian angel? I wasn't expecting that at all. Is Harry making Snape's magic funny?

And Malfoy? Being civil? It makes me antsy to find out what happens next, especially with the other cliffhanger here! And I can't even read ahead because I have to do something as soon as I finish this review. Hrrmph. Well, anyway, wonderful chapter!

masqueraver chapter 14 . 4/24/2007
Oh, good chapter, great cliffhanger there at the end. Good thing I get to immidiately see what happens next, hehe!

So that woman...I just thought of something. Alrister said she was married? Could that woman be the wife of a Death Eater like Sirius said? And maybe she's causing whatever's wrong with Snape? I dunno...I guess I'll just have to keep reading. That's the good thing about reading after the whole story's posted, I can always find out what happens next, but I suppose it makes reading these reviews a little mundane for you, always knowing that what I say is probably wrong, or just way off base from what actually happens. Oh well. Just remember you told me to review with all those Author's Notes saying 'review, review'!

masqueraver chapter 12 . 4/24/2007
I don't remember the last chapter I reviewed, so I'll just review this one alone.

Wow, this pure magic stuff looks neat! Although the gloves are a little funky. I came up with a few theories about them, but I won't bother you with them because they're so outlandish. Anyway, I thought you were going to have Harry be pants with the new subject for a minute, but you didn't. Cupid the hawk? Aw! He and Hedwig can fall in love and have little hawk-owl babies! LOL, just kidding.

Oh, and I found a typo. " Blaise smiled lazily. "I think it's hilarious.2 " Where the 2 is there should be a set of quotation marks closing Blaise's comment.

Great chapters so far, I can't wait to read what's next.
CJ chapter 49 . 4/24/2007
Very good, worthy of Rowling herself! Although, I must say you've got a very unique writing style, very free flowing.

That being said, there are a few little things with some of the elements of the story that are a bit of a let down; in some of the chapters, many of the spells seemed too perfect. You needed to work them into the story more, they seemed to stick out as an obvious plot device. Also, some of the characters, while not being perfect, seemed to radiate an air of perfection, although this was barely noticeable until you read it through a couple of times

Even so, you wrote this very well, and probably the most rewarding thing I noticed is that you didn't hold back, and you didn't shie away from deaths and negative sub-plots that would move the story along - too many writers I know do that, simply to make it more appealing to readers. Well done!
masqueraver chapter 10 . 4/23/2007
Woo, another compound review for chapters 8-10!

So...Heliopaths...I thought those were supposed to be myths that nobody believed but Luna. I guess not, aye?

And Malfoy? About time that little bugger got what was coming to him! Ooh, that was a little harsh, wasn't it? Having your father killed right in front of you isn't really just desserts. I just can't wait to read what you've done with him for the rest of the story.

This Alrister guy strikes me as suspicious. After all, Tom Riddle was handsome too. I guess I won't know until I read. Pure magice sounds interesting though.

Great couple of chapters, and as I've come to realize to have them be any less would be shocking.

masqueraver chapter 7 . 4/23/2007
I was going to read a couple more chapters and do a joint review, but this chapter was too juicy to pass up!

What is this thing with Snape? I'm sure you got plenty of reviews at the time you posted this chapter all asking the same question, but I couldn't resist.

So, the glasses were...pushed? With magic? At first I thought Kreacher, but then, no, that couldn't be it because you hadn't mentioned it. This give me something to chew on trying to figure it out.

The end of the chapter wasn't really a cliff hanger, but it did leave me on the edge of my seat. You sure do know how to engage an audience.

swaggerofthedagger - - - -

PS: I found a small typo that isn't really important, but I know that I would want somebody to tell me if I had a typo.

"Dumbledore pretend not to have heard him." I think you ment to say "Dumbledore pretendED not to have heard him."
masqueraver chapter 6 . 4/23/2007
Alright, this is my review for chapters 3-6. Stuff will probably not be in order.

These were really good chapters

Okay, you've probably heard this before, but James was a Chaser, not a Seeker. I'm not complaining, just letting you know that's not canon. I understand how that was necessary to set up that uncatchable thing on Snape. I can't help but wonder if that's going to have further effect on the story, or if that was just something to illustrate the rivalry between James and Snape.

Hmm...the House of Fun was a really good idea though I wish you could have written something more elaborating on what happened.

A muggle helicopter, um, found it. I LOL'd.

So Harry's related to the Weasley's? Woohoo for him! I find it a little hard to believe that anyone would have overlooked that little detail, but I'm sure there's a point to that, so I'll just wait and see what happens. The rest of those family tree things are interesting! It seems quite the thing to find in the attic of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black. Oh, and was that 'coffin' really a coffin? Eww! But again, I would expect to find something like that in their attic., what's the purpose in dragging Vernon and Percy to Grimmauld Place? I guess to tell them of Harry's new relations, but both of them there? Oh well, I'll read to see what happens.

All-in-all, a great couple of chapters chalked fulled of plot points, or what I guess are plotpoints.

masqueraver chapter 2 . 4/22/2007
I can see after my last review that my complaints about what Harry was calling Lupin had no foundation, as he's now calling him Remus. All is right with the world. I have to say that I like the second chapter more than the first, for three reasons. One, I can now tell there's a plot to the story. Two, we're learning more about Snape. Three, that weird thing with Sirius. What was that by the way? I trust I'll found I when I keep reading. Good chapter.

swaggerofthedagger -
masqueraver chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
You have a new reader now! Is it a little illogical to review this chapter especially since you have much more written after this, and a sequel? Oh well.

So, at the beginning of the chapter I was a little skeptical as to the greatness of this story that I've heard so much about. I think it was that Harry kept calling Lupin just 'Lupin'. I guess that's because I'm just used to Harry being characterized as a bit more familiar with the man, enough to call him Remus. However, you are the author and it works for you. I decided that it really didn't take away from the chapter, it was an added quirk.

I did read on and by the end of the chapter, I decided that it was just a beginning, and I don't like beginnings of anything, so I shouldn't be biased against a whole story just because I didn't like the first chapter. Like I said, I've heard many recommendations for this story, and with 1396 reviews, I figured, hey, there must be something to those recommendations.

I already love the way you're characterizing Snape.

"I do apologise," said Snape coldly. "Next time I buy a house, I'll have to visit all the surrounding houses to check whether they listen with paper cups at the walls, just in case an over-emotional teenage boy is in my house."

That is Snape to a T, snarky as all get-out. I'm saving that to my favorite quotes.

Well, I'm going to read the next chapter now.

Your New Reader,

PS: I think, despite that I think the first chapter is a bit dull (nothing against your story, that's just a personal thing of mine that I have with everything I read), that I have a new series to add to my Favorite Stories list. Plus, I need something to read for the End of Course exams at school, and this looks very promising from only one page in.
Snake of Medusa chapter 49 . 4/10/2007
Oh my Gawd, this story is amazing! There are so many scenes that really touched me, this is definetily going into my fav stories list!

BTW, any chance of Draco becoming Moody's apprentice? Heh, the image of Draco bellowing out "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" is going to brighten up the rest of my day. _

Two thumbs and a hot potato!
mikomi bansiki chapter 2 . 4/9/2007
rye bread! bwa ha ha! that was great! i'm going to copy all of the rest of this series onto my computer to enjoy later. thanks!
Tyred chapter 49 . 3/9/2007
Dear Author,

Atta girl! _ I have to say, reading your story has been a pleasure from start to finish- nay, not a pleasure- a PRIVILEGE. Excellent flow, excellent diction, excellent storyline, excellent characterization- repetition for emphasis if you will...

I found your story to be one of the best here on and will gladly continue reading! Keep up the fabulous work!

1,558 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »