Reviews for Harry Potter and the Phoenix's Flight
Comosicus chapter 33 . 2/11/2010
It has been interesting so far ... Just something that I think I must point. You have the entire plot bunny about the pregnant dragon and the birth of the little dragon. However both PS and GoF books show that baby dragons hatch from eggs and are not born.

I was just wondering how you are explaining this stuff.

Cheers
Comosicus chapter 3 . 2/9/2010
Hi,

I know that this story is completed, but the following paragraph makes no sense to me whatsoever:

Dear Mr Potter. We are writing to notify you that the recently deceased Mr Claus I. Brisk has left you several items of property in his will. Please reply to this letter with acknowledge you have read the following and accept the property.

PROPERTY -

12 GRIMMAULD PLACE, LONDON AND ALL CONTENTS

Thankyou,

Andralyn Galvez (Ministry Of Magic)

Harry then noticed a hand-scribbled note on the end of the letter, in spiky, elegant black letters he remembered from somewhere, though couldn't quite picture exactly where.

PS - The department of magical law enforcement are watching you, they've noticed all the magic going on and they're just waiting for something to book you for, so tone it down, okay? Just between you and me.

Claus I. Brisk should be Sirius Black and Andralyn Galvez should be Cornelius Fudge. Is there anything I am missing here?
mworth1019 chapter 49 . 2/7/2010
good story... liked it, had a real nice flow and good ideas..
purrfus chapter 49 . 2/1/2010
I had plans to review as I went. It didn't happen. I got sucked into the story and then it was over.

There are some amazing moments through out the story, but my favorite is Peeves. You did a wonderful job with the characterization and his interactions with others.
Xoration chapter 49 . 1/28/2010
Hey there. Six years after you completed, a new review. I read this story rather the german translation by Christa Potter. Really great plot. All in all it's conclusive and a well built up story. The relationship between Snape and Harry credibly developes despite the last years in contrast to other stories I read here. Hence I am looking forward excitedly to reading the sequel.

thank you for your story.
snowgem chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
haahha. I'm only on the first chapter and I can already tell I'm going to have a very enjoyable read ahea. lovely style!
IdSayWhyNot chapter 49 . 10/25/2009
Let's see. It's kind of hard to properly review a story on the last chapter... I know, I know, I should've reviewed every ten chapters or so, but I just chose not to do so and now I'm paying the price.

First on the agenda: characterisation. Well done, likeable characters and believables scenes. There were a couple of things that I just couldn't get my mind around of but maybe that's my view on some of the characters. For example, I don't think Blaise could've pulled off what he did. I mean, in barely two tweeks he rallied Slytherin around him... Nevermind.

Next: Plot-line. Sorry, but this had some serious faults on my opinion. You did an excellent job in stringing the story together but there were too many things out of place for my taste. I can't point them out one by one as I would've liked to cause I forgot -.-" Told ya, took too long to review...

Anyway, another thing that strikes me as odd is how utterly useless Harry is. I think you paid too much attention to Severus and forgot how Harry is supposed to be. Granted, you can do whatever the hell you want, I'm just saying that Harry seems to be a little off. I mean, when have you ever seen a fight break out and Harry was not participating? Did Harry forget he was a wizard? There were too many moments in the story when Harry just stood there like an idiot and let things happen; Slytherin's Hideout (or whatever); Brawling with Blaise; when Severus plays the bad guy in front of Harry's friends; when Harry is being dragged towards the Great Hall by Severus and later chased by Rookwood. I mean, honestly, they have been practicing all year, he's been, supposedly, teaching the DA, he also studied the "Pure Arts" and yet he didn't even attempt to fight? That's just not Harry. Worse, that's just not even a wizard! I don't know, this really pissed me off about your story: Harry is just useless! Dobby proved to be more capable than him!

Moving on, I like your general story. I could've done with a more interesting Siege of Hogwarts, but that's my taste. I still don't understand where the hell was Dumbledore when everyone was fighting, but it's okay. A question though: if you registered the story under "Adventure/Humor", why is it more of a "Drama/Romance/Angst" story? Did you perhaps change your mind or something?

Now, for the more positive part of my review... yes, of course there is a positive part. You're a very good writer, as anyone who knows how to read has undoubtedly noticed. You can precisely describe what you want and set the mood for the scenes of the story. If I had to give my very unprofessional opinion, I'd say that the best thing about this story is how you wrote it.

I also enjoyed the bits of humor that you squeezed into the story. I can tell you like writing about Snape and it shows in the story. I'm sure you like Draco too, and the jokes spread throughout the story make the characters and scenes all the more likeable.

Another thing I can appreciate in your story is the background you created for Peeves. I don't particularly care much for the bond between a poltergeist/ghost and a teenager but hey, that's your story. I do like the tragic history behind Peeves and how Peter became a poltergeist. Certainly very interesting.

You have a surprisingly good understanding of how most people react to shocking and desperate situations, a fact that you demonstrated when Kainda is poisoned or when Draco is see by the thestrals at the beginning. Further, not only you understand (or speculate) but you can convey that feeling, a fabulous trait to have for a writer.

Lastly, you're definitely one creative bastard, aren't you? :) Yes, you are. You came up with some really weird stuff that I liked, namely, the ottsitops, dragons, Snape's love-life, Pure Arts, that weird bat at the end, including Heliopaths and many others. Granted, some I liked and some I didn't, but I can't deny all of them were creative.

Personally, I think that if a writer is creative and has moderate talent, all the rest can come later with time and practice. I think you've got plenty of both. I wish you luck with your future novels and maybe someday you'll write your own work, not just fan-fics.

All the best,

IdSayWhyNot

PS: Longest review I've ever written.
Nini the Electrocuted Sheep chapter 49 . 9/21/2009
So. It's been… over five years, since this fic was completed :) Crazy when you think about it, isn't it?

It's been one hell of a ride with you, Velly my dear – still is. Though you're now busy with uni and I'm just… vaguely floating about, as it were. But I'm still always here for you, you know that, right?

So. Well. This is… the first time I've re-read this fic. This beautiful, immensely-important fic, the one that brought us together. I don't know why it's taken me five bloody years to come back to it – maybe because you always had something new and just as good to offer me to read and beta :) But anyway, it's been such great fun to read it again and drown in your HP world – lemme tell you, I like it much more thatn JK's versions of book 6 and 7.

There are several things that, if this fic were being written now, I'd point out, correct, offer, advise against, and occasionally, just plain veto. As your beta, I'd do it for your own good :P

But since the past is in the past, and this story is all finished and damn good as it is, I won't bring anything specific up :) I'll just tell you how much I enjoyed it (is 'from one end of the universe to the other, and then back again' enough? XD ) and sit back and read it again some time. I'm certain I'll enjoy it just as much the third around as I did the first and the second.

Cheers, my love.

Snidgey.

PS

I'm now, of course, off to start re-reading the sequel! :D
SnapeAngel chapter 49 . 9/4/2009
awsome story so glad KZ didn't die. loved the Twins idea to bring the house of fun and rockets to the battle, poor Kibbles :( so sad, so sad for SS that he was betrayed by the woman he loved..glad that HP got BW to remove the curse (?) from SS so he could catch once again, very noble thing to do leting SS / teachers win the teacher vs student match to give SS one more boost..very cool story
SnapeAngel chapter 11 . 9/2/2009
ron's a jelous prat

the huge apple story is just wonderful! lol too funny
SnapeAngel chapter 9 . 9/2/2009
poor draco

don't feel any pitty for lucius, but do feel bad for draco
SnapeAngel chapter 7 . 9/2/2009
ron is a moron, harry isn't much better..the 'ancient magic' has to be maybe what helped him bring sirus back for harry and then he continued on with trying soe other AM..dumb boys
SnapeAngel chapter 3 . 9/2/2009
severus severus..just has to be a hard ass now and then, then let it 'slightly' show that he actually has a heart..MEN! ;-)

i'm suprised that AD let harry away from Privet drive AT ALL but glad he did
Lord Blood chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
you get points for including a history of peeves. i mean wow, no one ever does that.

however, you get - points for the many, although small, plotholes in the story. the latest one was the fact that arthur conjured food.
The tainted Angel of the sands chapter 49 . 7/29/2009