Reviews for Committed
Guest chapter 11 . 9/16/2013
Another fantastic, masterful story you've created. It can easily coexist in the Daria universe, and had lovely moments throughout. I'm a sucker for anything Daria/Trent, and that small moment with Trent saying he would miss her was a great addition. You write everyone so beautifully hilarious and I look forward to spend another evening at my awfully boring evening desk job, reading you fanfic. Bravo!
Guest chapter 4 . 2/12/2013
Good job on Eric! He and Rita should get married...that sounds like an idea for a fic.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/12/2013
Please please please tell me someone strangles Rita with a piano wire? I'm on Chapter 3.
Kairan1979 chapter 9 . 7/30/2011
"Don't you dare assume you have the right to call me your sister! You've spent your entire life denying that I even exist, and now you have the gall to stand there and appeal to my sense of sisterhood? You know what your problem is? You've completely surrounded yourself with shallow, worthless people and rejected anyone with the slightest hint of character. And now you expect me - me, the sister you never even wanted - to stand by you and be your friend? You have caused me more hurt and more pain than any other person alive. You are the bane of my existence. And you are the "sister" that I don't want anymore. I am granting your fondest wish, Quinn: you are now an only child. So turn around and walk out of my life, or I swear I'll grab a double-handful of your bouncy fucking red hair and drag you to the curb with the rest of the garbage!"

The best part of the chapter! I wish I was there and could applaud.
B chapter 9 . 12/4/2003
I've actually got a bit of a lump in my throat for Quinn, of all people. I could have *punched* Daria.
B chapter 6 . 12/4/2003
Enjoyable story! I loved the exchange:
"Male or female?"
"I couldn't tell."
"Ah, that would be Daria."
Steven Galloway chapter 9 . 9/27/2003
WHOA! Good thing I decided to re-read your fic, Yam! This chapter is MUCH better than I what I remembered, dude! I liked the interaction between D & Q very much! Ahem-I liked Daria's lashing out the best! Sick, right? ;D
boondocksaint811 chapter 11 . 9/1/2003
awesome, that's the only word i can use to describe this. out of all the post-series daria universes i've read, this is definitely looking to be my favorite, and i look forward to future fics.
MsLessa chapter 11 . 8/12/2003
*loud burst of applause* Thank you so much for this fine piece of fan fiction. I am eagerly anticipating your next story.

Great job and pats on the back to you.
carrie chapter 11 . 8/10/2003
lol. that was a great story. especially when daria caught the flowers. and who is lurhman related to anyways?
RogueRed chapter 11 . 8/10/2003
Loved this story! You're a very talented writer. I was just curious about something...in the prequel to this story, Tom and Daria had a problem that hasn't been resolved. In the sequel to this sequel, do you plan on going back to the topic?
Kar chapter 11 . 8/9/2003
FANTASTIC STORY and the characters all worked well together but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the trifling 'beauty marks' of the story logic.

Oklahoma? Sorry, but even the Dukes of Hazzard couldn't drive to Boston from there in UNDER two days. Also, I think the producers were wise in NEVER telling Lawndale's state so the viewers could be relieved we didn't live there!

Common-law marriages are NOT automatic after X number of years. The couple must take evidence of lengthy cohabitation to a lawyer then the LAWYER must find the evidence sufficient to declare that to be the case. Wouldn't Helen HAVE to know the ins and outs of these legalities and wouldn't she have considered that instead of the wedding scenario if common-law marriages WERE automatic?

Regardless, it was a fun ride and thanks for treating us!
Kar chapter 10 . 8/9/2003
Thanks for finishing it! Good to see how Quinn's plan played out. Yes, in this case, SHE needed to be the co-ordinator since neither D or J are romantic enough but it was good to see these three working for a common goal and still fun to see Quinn have a few malapropisms! LOL

I also liked it that AMY got the last laugh- and Rita and Eric got EXACTLY what each deserved.

This was a FANTASTIC story and I thank you for sharing it with the rest of us!
Kara Wild chapter 11 . 8/9/2003
There is a great fic lurking inside this good one. A lot of funny dialogue and accurate characterization. It starts off strong, with humor about the wedding vows, and ends with sweetness and humor.

Yet in the middle chapters things get a little flabby. I've already mentioned how Quinn's attempts to talk to Daria and Rita and Ruth's fights seem to drag on. While both problems are ultimately resolved, it doesn't feel as though the payoff required that much excess. The Ruth/Rita fights and David's arrival could have easily happened within the same chapter, which would have enhanced the sense of chaos.

Helen and Jake felt passive for large parts of the story, which is odd since they are the focus. It would have been nice to see more of their interactions with the family, to know why they were willing to put up with this circus for two months. I have trouble believing that Helen's common sense wouldn't have manifested itself a lot sooner, that she or Jake wouldn't have blown up and turned everyone out in a couple of weeks tops.

I felt for Daria, stuck doing college prep mostly by herself, all the more so because her parents should have realized that their daughter's transition was more worthy of their attention than a stupid lavish wedding. At the same time, I wondered why Daria never came up with a clever scheme to evict everyone.

On another note, I was glad you scrapped the "common law marriage" ending, as this one felt more realistic what with Helen being a lawyer. I also thought scenes like Daria's internship at the publisher's were funny, and that the Daria/Quinn rift, once dealt with, was well-handled. Overall, there's a lot of strong stuff in this story, and all it needs to stand out more is for you to take some scissors to a few of the chapters.
beege chapter 10 . 8/9/2003
P.S: I am considering formulating a petition to have your stories (starting with 'The Next Step) recognised as 'The Unofficial Sixth Season of Daria.'
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »