Reviews for Another Sunday Dinner at Wayne Manor
Ni Castle chapter 6 . 11/12/2012
Loved every chapter!
The reaction of Batclan was really fun
Sylvia1 chapter 6 . 8/6/2008
I've got to say that I read both the original story and the sequel this morning, and I absolutely loved it! I've been following the JLA series on TV pretty regularly so I really liked the idea of a Batman/Wonder Woman fic. The best part was that you characterized them so well! My favorite scenes had to be where Batman was having to deal with Barbara and Diana at the same time. Haha! Poor guy! I also loved the scene with the whole Batclan getting together.

To be honest I've been out of the comic-verse for a few years now, but since TDK came out I've been getting my feet wet in the fandom/comics again. When a friend of mine (Thundera Tiger) recommended one of your fics (The Ring) I had to go check it out! Your dialogue in your stories flows so well and your characters really feel as if they come alive through your style. Thanks so much for sharing this fic with us! And for feeding my Batman cravings. P

Lena
Protector of Canon2 chapter 5 . 6/12/2008
It is a bit impractical; most of horsebackriding is done with the legs.

Still, I like the chapter and the story, and many comicbook characters regularly do things which are impossible, so I think I can forgive you ;)
GoldenRat chapter 6 . 7/19/2006
this fic turned out really well & pretty believable.
Icha chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
Just LOVE the way you portray our duo! And the girls talk between Diana and Barbara - touche. Very deep and a-matter-of-fact. I also love Oracle, so learning that she and Nightwing (also my fav character) is a nice breeze to add to Bruce-Diana.

Really. You should write more. Love your 'Diana as the first person' style in writing. She;s just making it witty and funny.
Z33 chapter 6 . 10/23/2004
This is absolutely one of my favorite stories on the site! You are an awsome writer and deserve every good review you get. I know I'll be reading more of your stories - as soon as I get some sleep! (I stayed up late to read this one - I had to finish it, I was hooked!)
s3lina ky1e chapter 6 . 4/27/2004
this story was great i would definetly be interested in more chapters! please write more
George chapter 6 . 3/11/2004
Wow! Awesome sequel-You've got me addicted now. I love it! See ya at jlauniverse!
Neptune47 chapter 6 . 2/1/2004
I have forgone sleep to review this. Damn you, Rick Peterson, for being such a brilliant writer.
All I can really say at this point is bravo. You've got solid interactions between the characters, and I'm really glad that you chose to involve the batclan (I just LOVE Dick Grayson). This is really a lovely fic, and I'm glad you shared it with us. Now I await the sequel!
Neptune47 chapter 3 . 2/1/2004
I was going to review after I'd read this entire story, but I just HAD to review this chapter. You had 3 of my favorite characters eating breakfast like a family. I LOVED it. And when Dick lost his balance and fell backwards...I laughed so loudly, my roommate thought I was insane. Okay, onto the next chapter for me.
argonis chapter 6 . 1/12/2004
The first story I read on and still one of the finest. Beautifully crafted and written.
Birman chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
I think the innuedoes were really hilarious. I can just imagine the eyebrow waggling along with it. O

Highligh of the chapter was of course, where BM tries to drive WW away, "first by disgusting me with his innuendo and then with his (to his mind) disfigured body". It's really sad, but also touching to hear/read Diana say, "Each of these scars marks an occasion when you put yourself in harm’s way to save another. How could it be anything but beautiful?"

Truly, one beautiful soul deserves another. None of Bruce's other romances can compare. (to be cont'd in the prequel's review )
Birman chapter 2 . 11/21/2003
Not sure if I can review every chapter before I run out of stuff to say (since I wasn't chapter specific in the first few reviews), but I'll try. _

Okay, the part I love most:

"Instead, the glow started in his eyes and spread slowly across his face until almost I felt the need to shield my eyes from it. For a moment, I saw the man he would have been, if only things had gone differently in that lonely alley so many years ago. My heart wanted to break at the thought of all he had lost; at the same time that it wanted to take wing at the thought that I had brought him such happiness."

That was absolutely beautiful, and I think I could just visualize it in my mind. It makes me feel the beautiful souls that these two people have, and that they truly deserve finding happinese with each other.
Birman chapter 3 . 11/21/2003
Strange as it may be, the part the left the strongest impression on me in this chap was Dick balancing himself on two chair legs. It's really amazing, since it's obviously something Dick would do out of habit and without much care. It captures him beautifully. And I love the "Fastest Mouth Alive" remark, and Donna beating even Wally at that.

And oh yeah, Nightwing falling off his perch was perfect action comedy.

The argument was well-written and very believeable, as is the subsequent one behind closed doors. And I really dig this part: "Up here," he continued in a choked voice, "up here we are lovers." *melts into a puddle*
Birman chapter 4 . 11/21/2003
I really really really hate that stupid thesaurus function: it erased my entire review just coz I typed over text using the letter "D". And it was so heartfelt too!

Sigh. Anyway, I'll try to summarize most of it.

IMHO, the most memorable part of this chapter was: "Queen Bee or a toilet, if you can smile like that, then it’s a victory."

She looked at me for a long moment, then gave a genuine smile. "Bruce is a lucky man."

-very touching. Following that, the conversation at dinner. I love Oracle's remarks, e.g. "You sure you want a relationship with this guy, Diana?" _ But above all, Bruce's declarations at dinner were gems.

Keep up the great work.