Reviews for Come What May
tdfscs chapter 10 . 7/28/2014
Oh this was really good! and I loved reading about Egypt in this too, very educational :p
Haruka Munashii chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
The fanfiction has a lot of potential, but the author's notes in the middle of the paragraphs make it annoying. If you absolutely must have them, put them at the end of the chapter or something like that.
Dream's Abyss chapter 10 . 8/15/2010
I enjoyed re-reading this after having lost it (due to not having an account on ff.n). I hope you will choose to continue to update the sequel...
Pheonix chapter 5 . 6/13/2010
Yo,reeaalllly sorry to point it out, but you've been spelling 'guard' as 'gaurd'. But, hell, if you spelt every other word wrong it couldn't derive from the greatness that is this story!

Well Done!
YaoiObssesedFanGirl chapter 3 . 6/12/2010
I know this story is long since finished but I just gotta say all the A/N in the last chapter were annoying however the chapter was still good. I imagine though that I'm not the first to comment on all the A/N's? LoL.
ZodiacSnake chapter 10 . 4/21/2010
ok so i have been reading this story off & on for longer then i care to tell u (its in the years though DX) so i couldnt leave with out saying something this story is truly beautiful in plot, characterization, the relationships, & detail every bit of it just brings beauty to mind & i really did enjoy it i hope to enjoy some of ur other writings as well im off to look at them now! _
Cr4ZyFr0G100 chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
"You should put on your mask! Let us not scar that pretty little face..."

That line disapoints me. Go got that line from the second Mummy movie. As well as the mask thing, pretty much the whole fight. A little more of your own work could've been put into that fight. I'm decideing weither or not I should continue reading based off of what I read so far.

I feel that Kaiba... Seth, is a bit OOC. Well, in this chapter anyway, and I really hate that. You have way too many AN's in this chatper. I'm not talking about the important notes in the beginning, I'm talking about when the chapter offically started. Every other sentence you had some pointless author note and some retarted internet face.

Now don't get me wrong I do that too, but I dont have like 5 or 6 in one chapter. It's annoying. Write ALL of your AN's either before or after the chapter.

I'm going to continue reading, hoepfully the rest of the chapters won't be... Different.
chibi heishi chapter 10 . 6/29/2009
Oh, that was really, really good. But I have to go check for that sequel.
Kat of Mosh Pits chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Okay, I was only about three or four paragraphs into your story when I have to say goodbye, and I'm going to tell you why.

It's not about bad writing, or a poor story, it's about the most frustrating and distracting thing an author can do. A/N written in the narration. If you got something to say, wait for the end in your notes, write it in a way that you don't need the note, or let us make our own interpretations! Nothing takes away from a story more than

'Kaiba had inherited the jealousy his father so lacked. (AN: this is false; though Akunadin doesn't ACT all jealous, he obviously is, because he says things to little Kaiba like "Ever since my brother's coronation, I have had to live in his shadows..." and "I'm sorry, my son, but me and you will never be king." O_o OKAY lets just pretend both Kaiba AND Akunadin are relatively 'good' for this story, okay?)'

That entire A/N was completely unnecessary. You basically said 'This is wrong, but read it as it is'. I was doing that anyway until you distracted me by this pointless rant and by the time I'm done with it, I've forgotten where it started, so I have to go back and try again.

If you do not have enough confidence in your own writing to leave it to stand up on its own, then don't write. From what little I've read, ability isn't your problem, it's not shutting up when you need to and let your story speak for itself.

From your review count I can see it didn't stop a lot of people, but imagine all the people who dropped this fic because they were frustrated by this or didn't want to bother skipping over your multiple A/Ns just to read the story. You would have a lot more readers if you would stop this one aggravating and pointless habit. I know of one you lost just now.
Aspennielle chapter 10 . 12/25/2008
LOVED IT! period.

I'm also extremely obsessive with Egypt in general so this story was great in that perspective. Also I love Prideshipping, Scandalshipping, YAMI/KAIBA!

Thank you for the brilliant fic.

EA
midnightfox21 chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
so sorry for the late review but i remembered finally:)

...i'll just sum up the whole story with this review...

i really like your style of writing and the very funny things you put in it(or maybe i have a weird sense of humor)like some of your ANs.

the story was awesome but the only thing i didn't like was that Yami cried a little too much for his personality (not a big of a deal i know but as i said that's all i dislike) however i loved the fight in this chapter and the childhood flashbacks (especailly the one involing yami and seto getting drunk haha!)and how your sentences flow from one to the next without it feeling there's a break in them. so...awesome work with the story because i love it a lot.

I'll review Dreamcatcher soon too,kay?
heidlebergchick chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
i have to say i did enjoy the story, but don't get me wrong when i say this, i don't mean it in a bad way. I feel around 50 or 60 % of this is solely based of what we already know from the manga and anime. im dissappointed because as i read the story i kind of knew what would happen. you should write from your heart with passion because its something you feel that you must do, not make a complete rip off from the tv show, well adding the gods part and the romance and death. that was the only difference. Sorry. i really am!
dot-sye chapter 7 . 12/14/2007
i am sorry to say this, but i feel like i must

i really like what you've written, your style is amazing and i love how much detail you put into it

but i coudn't get past this chapter because of all the random ANs all over the place! they are very distracting, especially to people like me who get lost in the story three words in! and then suddenly there is an AN that tells me things i either don't need to know [maybe at the end of the chapter like some of your number notes] or that i already know

i will try and continue to read it, but not any time soon since i need to get my mind off of the ANs

once again, truly amazing storyline and writing skills... the descriptions are so captivating [i've been in love with ancient egypt since little] and i found myself lost in the story [although my favourite pairing is actually yami bakura and hikari marik]

i congratulate you on such a wonderful story

hope you continue writing like this
Raerith chapter 10 . 11/14/2007
What the- 5 months and I never reviewed? *smacks head* Well now that I finally remembered...

I was deeply moved by your story and it had brought me to tears successfully several times(thanks a lot). I have also read your Dreamcatcher, and was kinda sad that you left it unfinished for so long. : That's okay though... this first half of the whole story is enough to satisfy me, plus knowing that Seto and Ate- I mean, Yami meet up again in the end.
Mersedes chapter 8 . 11/10/2007
Oh my God. Or should I say Ra? That was delicious. You deserve thousands of reviews. This piece of perfectly sculpted art brings me to tears. Everthing EVERYTHING is utterly moving. Captivating. You have magic flowing through your fingers. I love the end of this chapter, although I have finished the other two, the best. It's so bittersweet. And that your writing style is so polished helps move the story along nicely. So, yes, your style is absolutely lovely. Your plot? Perfectly astonishing. Everything flows like the Nile. All the emotions, interactions, and reactions are PERFECT. How do you do it?