Reviews for The birthday gift
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 2 . 6/11/2012
I liked this. Silly Virgil, but the line; "No, little brother. It was your birthday. Now it's your bedtime, and tomorrow, believe me, you are going to feel one heck of a lot older.", just awesome. You mention Virgil's singing. I call that drunken wailing.

I loved the basis, with the focus being on a gift Jeff got rather than Virgil, but I also liked the look back on the guy from Dad's point of view! Xx
KayValo87 chapter 2 . 7/7/2011
Just curious, what is the drinking age where you are? Because here in the states it's illegal until you are 21.

In any case, I LOVED the story. My favorite part was ...

"S'my birthday, Scott."

"No, little brother. It was your birthday. Now it's your bedtime ..."

Lol, reminds me of when I put my sisters kids to bed, only they are never drunk. They are just ages 3-7 and want to stay up and party. :)
Assena chapter 2 . 9/11/2003
Aw, such emotion and stuff. And Virgil singing like a bird. Very nice indeed. _ Good work! And very realistic characterisation too. I like the way you've done this. It's good. Keep it up, m kay?

Sena
Mad-Friend chapter 2 . 7/25/2003
I just love humour and this made me chuckle when I read it. Me thinks young Virgil will need a couple of asprin in the morning. And I hope he remembers to thank his wonderful caring brothers for coming to his 'rescue'.
mcj chapter 2 . 7/23/2003
Nice story. I'm glad Jeff raised his glass. My guess is he is saluting his wife and happy with his plans. Hopefully Virgil will sober up to be part of them. Excellent Chapter.!

mcj
mcj chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
This is the basis of the forming of International Rescue. I like Jeff's very human side. He misses his wife and he wants to use his wealth to perpetuate her and he has his sons on side.

Well done. I like it.

Are there any more Chapters to come?

I hope so.

mcj
yveybevy chapter 1 . 7/12/2003
You may get 2 reviews-my computer crashed as I was typing!

Really nice story with a good start. I loved the image of Virgil and Scott doing a duet at the piano. Nice touch. Also loved the way you portrayed Jeff as a loving and concerned father, who feels the need to do something worthwhile with his wealth. Are you going to give us a another chapter? Hope so:-)

Small pointer: Second to last paragrapgh: Starts with "This afternoon..". Should read "That afternoon.."- you changed tenses.
Mad-Friend chapter 1 . 7/11/2003
Your creativity just keeps growing as does your skill with the pen. Quiller is so apt. I like stories involving Jeff in a humane way and you have captured this very touchingly. Nice one.