Reviews for Aglarrâma
spacellamaprincess chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
I'm not a sailor. Closest I've ever gotten in real life is a few hours on a speedboad in a manmade lake. But even I could smell the sea brine and hear the nautical pipe laments when I read this story. The seafaring culture was so richly depicted in this piece that I completely forgot, for a time, that I wasn't part of it. [This was the review I left for this story in the MEFA voting, but, just in case you aren't reading the comments there, I wanted to pass along mad praises for yet another of your works.]
RavenLady chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
Wow, you've captured the feeling of "the calm before the storm" very well here. The Adunaic names add a lot, it feels more real somehow. And hauntingly beautiful . . . great work, Zimraphel.
Regina L chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
What a fantastic glimpse of Numenorean culture at its moment of doom! You manage to pack a huge amount of color & character into a small space, not to mention how in canon it is-I can imagine this happening in the Silm the way you wrote it. Great job!

PS And yes, I'm still working on my Tar Miriel story-in fact I'm going to try to finish the first chapter this w/e. So be happy. :-)
Nol chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
This has been one of my favourite stories since it came up on the public side of HASA. Your Indilzar carries it for me. I read about him and his ships, and am filled with the immense richness of character and culture in Numenor, even among it's commoners. Your Sauron made me cringe in disgust, too.

I think you do a great job of bringing out the simple strength of Men; all the more praiseworthy in a world filled with us wide-eyed Elf-gapers. : )

Great writing. I always look forward to your Numenor stories. Thanks!

P.S. I have a terrible secret. I like Ar-Pharazon.