Reviews for All That I Am
Cypher DS chapter 17 . 1/20/2014
I suppose one could interpret this chapter as a final, if abrupt, ending to the story. Kaworu initiates an early Third Impact, and the paradise Shinji envisions in Osaka is his personal interpretation of complementation.
Shinji and Rei's shy first romance was fun to follow. At the same time, Asuka's characterization felt like the weakest link in this story. She's presented as a one-note antagonist out to abuse and mock Shinji for his "perversions", and it became increasingly difficult to believe that she did not comprehend her attraction to Shinji, (especially when she dreams about "what might have been" when Misato was away at the wedding reception). Asuka denying her feelings to others, I can buy, but her lack of self-awareness here strains credulity. As Rei and Shinii's relationship advanced, it would have been nice to see her "ramp up" her psychological abuse accordingly (see "Folded Wings" by Random1337).
LightHawkEva chapter 17 . 12/19/2012
Once again i come to the conclusion of this story and remember how damn hollow I feel that it was never completed.
Penny Smiles chapter 10 . 8/18/2010
unpredictable gorilla chapter 17 . 7/9/2009
You NED to finish this story man! Its been almost 5 years now x_x PLEEASE! And also, what was that scene at the ending, where we see a happily married Shinji? OMG
NemesisZero chapter 17 . 6/4/2008
this is good stuff indeed, from a highly entertaining and novel alteration of the events to some of the most chilling scenes I've yet read... and all of promoting some new forms of Shinji suffering (because, let's face it, he just isn't allowed to be happy.)
The Ruined King chapter 17 . 7/25/2007
I agree with the crazed fan-girl. While I dont know where you live, you must complete this or face the consequences of... well... an angry fan-boy. Otherwise, I love this fic. It's very well written, and very sad towards the end. Now... GO AND WRITE!
Sdarian chapter 17 . 5/29/2007
This has been good. I hope you decide to come back and finish it. I wish you well on completing this.
Tylec Asroc chapter 6 . 3/6/2007
It was cute how you built up Shinji's "accquisition" by a mysterious party holding sway over Gendo Ikari (omg, is he shipping his son off to SELEE?) only to burst the bubble with a beauty pagent. I was also interested by your interpretation of the Eva-switching activation test, and its true motive being to confirm Shinji's expendability in the forthcoming Complementation. I never really thought too much of hidden agendas at that stage of the anime, and so it's interesting to see how early Gendou might have been stacking the deck in his favour. He even seems to have Asuka's mind-rape by Angel 15 pre-planned.

As a man content with the English dub of Evangelion, I have to agree with Asuka - the continual use of honorific titles gets a little aggrivating, although not as much as Ms. Sohryu's little bursts of Japanese pidgin, screeching "Baka Shinji!", where "stupid Shinji" or "dumbass" would suffice. The insistence on labeling the pilots as the "Children", even when referred to in the singular (Rei, the First Children) is equally awkard, even if it is sticking to the original script.
Michael J. Ralph chapter 17 . 3/4/2007
I can't wait until you write more for this story, I like it very much and can't wait.
Wyrm chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Hm, I don't think your characterization of Rei's feelings for Gendo are accurate. She slaps Shinji when he criticizes Gendo, shows some actual emotion and animation when speaking with Gendo, and her only keepsake is a pair of his glasses. She has actually feelings of affection for Gendo, no matter how distorted and stunted those emotions might be.
vic chapter 17 . 8/31/2006
my thoughts are focused into one overwhelming desire...UPDATE ALLREADY! I really love your works, but in reading them, i find two that I really really like, and they haven't been updated in nearly half a year. Why does every author i like take forever to update! so hurry up already, the story is too close to finished to stop now! (if you do, i know a guy who knows a guy who can track you down, and find out more about you than you know about you). where it goes from there is up to you ;)
Zephyrus-Prime chapter 17 . 7/3/2006
So very sad. You haven't updated this story in over a year. And I was so looking forwards to your furthered exploits in gratiuitous self-loathing in the next chapter. Ah well.
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 17 . 5/17/2006
I hope you someday return to continue this, Otaku-san. But I know that the worst enemies are those we face within. I hope you can conquer them soon.

Oh, and have I mentioned that I really, Really, REALLY hate Gendo?

(considers an ad-campaign for bumper stickers saying: "Have you Smacked the Bastard King Today?")
Rouzeki Tadayoi chapter 17 . 4/25/2006
You sir, are awesome. Deal with. I look foward to the update of this story. I see great things, and I expect more. I am a R/S fan of extreme.(I don't mind A/S, i've seen great ones) Keep up the good work. I'll be watching.
SSJBardock chapter 17 . 2/4/2006
Very interesting story. It's hard to imagine that the story has progressed to this after reading the first few light-hearted chapters. Poor Shinji. It would be so easy for him to just give in to the illusion of a life with Rei and a daughter instead of face the dark truth. I don't know if I could turn away from it. But we must often do things that we don't want to. It's a fact of life. I just hope things turn out alright in the end. Looking forward to reading more.