Reviews for Potential Second Chance
gidgetgirl chapter 20 . 8/18/2003
Dude, MG, get a life. There's nothing wrong with solid criticism. Not every review has to be a good review, but if you're going to leave such a scathing one, at least give examples so that the author knows specifically what you are talking about. You say the characterizations are unrecognizeable, but you don't tell her which characters are off when and why, so how do you expect her to get better at them? You tell her to learn to write, but you don't comment on syntax or word choice.

What stands out to me the most about that review is that it was left on the 20th chapter. If this story was so bad that you couldn't even be bothered to leave an intelligible comment,explaining your opinions, why did you read all twenty chapters? There must have been something you liked, something that kept you coming back.

In short, no this wasn't a perfect fic, yes there were some problems with characterization (primarily Connor who had far too normal of a relationship with all of the other kids and often Wesley, who if this is post Connor should have been a bit less bookish and G-rated), and yes there were problems with the writing (mainly diction choice that sounded like it was coming out of a thesauraus), but there were definite redeeming qualities, in my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but to express it without giving real reasons, without explaining it, makes it clear that the opinion is being given for the sole purpose of bringing the author down. MG obviously doesn't mean to help her improve her writing, perhaps he's bitter at the nice reception this story has received by way of reviews.

Anyway, Ivorycat, getting back to you, like I said, there were problems, but you've shown real improvement and it was a decent fic, plot problems and all. Keep up the good work.
Shahid chapter 20 . 8/18/2003
COOL! write the sequel. show WES/Willow.
MG chapter 20 . 8/18/2003
Learn to write.

And it really helps to actually watch the show, your characterizations are unrecognizable.
Tariq chapter 20 . 8/18/2003
Illyria04 chapter 20 . 8/17/2003
very kool

cant wait 4 the sequel!
gidgetgirl chapter 20 . 8/17/2003
The Buffy/Angel was, in my opinion, not very well done here. You're rushing things, and since B/A is my very favorite ship, the fact that it doesn't work upsets me to some degree. You really didn't do justice to Autumn's father leaving, or to the pairings you have chosen, and it's completely unbelievable that the AI gang would just pack up and leave. Angel chose LA for a reason. AI is meant to help people, and Sunnydale has Buffy, so it doesn't need his help. So, yeah, lame ending, but you have some good characters going here, and at least the sequel has a decent title. I'll read it, and overall, I did enjoy this one, despite its shortcomings.
gidgetgirl chapter 19 . 8/17/2003
Yeah, it was goofy, but it was really well done, and I enjoyed it. Delightful.
Pyro Bear chapter 20 . 8/17/2003
I was waiting for the Fred-love line, but maybe next time, huh? I wanna know who the fifth is...grr. Great fic hun, I'm glad you finished.
darkdestiney2000 chapter 19 . 8/17/2003
That was so good! but could you have Connor be a little bit nicer. He's one of my favs. Your story is great and i'm sad that's ending please make a sequal or something!
Shahid chapter 19 . 8/16/2003
COOL! show some WES/Willow action. update soon.
Pyro Bear chapter 19 . 8/16/2003
Okay a few things wrong with this...you ended way too early, and the last sentence fell flat...work on that. Second thing, don't stay up until 5:30, it's bad. And if I do it, don't listen to me.
Tariq chapter 19 . 8/16/2003
Tariq chapter 18 . 8/16/2003
Illyria04 chapter 18 . 8/16/2003
vry kool

me want battle!
Pyro Bear chapter 18 . 8/15/2003
Hey, he was acting half-way decent last chapter...and Maggie's line about a jelly donut was great. Makes me want to have one...badly.