Reviews for The Fourth Power
Jedipilot24 chapter 28 . 2/21
Although an interesting premise, this story is an example of what happens you ignore the First Rule of Fanfiction: Every power-up for the protagonists must be met with a corresponding increase in their difficulties. In other words, you can't make Frodo a Jedi without giving Sauron the Death Star.

In this story Harry and Hermione get a significant power-up by virtue of being possessed by demons: they are very strong, they are immune to dementors, they are virtually invulnerable, they cannot be tracked, they can shadow-teleport, they retain their spellcasting abilities, Harry can make wandless magic-eating fireballs, Hermione can summon out of nothing impossibly sharp blade weapons, they can do new things that no one else can do (Enchanting and Technomancy), they have perfect Occlumency and Legilimency, and they both know instinctively how to use all of their abilities without no training at all. And to top it all off, they're effectively immortal. Their only "weaknesses" are never relevant and never put them in danger and the only lasting consequence of their transformation ultimately becomes irrelevant. At no point in this story are they ever seriously in danger of losing their life. And while they got all these power-ups, their enemies not only didn't get any of their own, but actually became weaker in some respects (no horcruxes for Voldemort).

In short, an interesting premise boringly executed.
DragonTamer01 chapter 24 . 11/26/2013
Lupin's going to become a Lycan? THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!
Philosophize chapter 28 . 10/21/2013
Wow, a very original story. Please don't abandon!
the scorpion commander chapter 5 . 7/7/2013
nice chapter
Guest chapter 7 . 6/29/2013
Uhhh that was a nasty trick... making him SEEM dead so the MLE will do the real killing for them. And all just through standard procedure, that's creative villaincy to learn from :D

Okay, the "spell" made me cringe, terribly bad latin has that effect sometimes. But on the whole... nice chapter and a very inspired way to get rid of somebody using the system for their own protection. Make the system work against them - unknowingly. Perfect
Sonicthehedgewolf chapter 28 . 5/27/2013
This story us Awesome- squared! Please update. It's been almost 7 years.
Runecutter chapter 5 . 5/18/2013
Well it's getting interesting as we get to know more details about their background and what they have been doing all the time. Nice how they played Dumbledore, but it's bad to loose the services of the map. Couldn't Remus have made simply a new one for the old geezer?
Anon chapter 19 . 4/1/2013
The aunt: Walburga Black
Lucky Guard chapter 28 . 1/26/2013
this is a very good story. I enjoyed it very much. to bad you stopped updating...
Publicola chapter 28 . 1/5/2013
While the beginning was good, I think I like these last few chapters most. I'm especially interested in fics that develop and reform the major social issues of the HP universe, and that is certainly the case here. Very enjoyable fic; I wish you had completed it.
CaBuckeye chapter 28 . 12/23/2012
Thank you for your service. Your muse is obviously more concerned with keeping you alive than inspiring you to write. Come back to us healthy, hearty and ready to write.

Ca53Buckeye, a USAF daughter & mom, 3ID mom, USN wife.
TheGoldenTrioFan chapter 5 . 11/24/2012
yay! i got it! mind u i am just good at observation!
god of all chapter 28 . 9/20/2012
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
LiveToTell chapter 28 . 9/20/2012
wow! that was great! i can't wait for harry to fight moody and albus! you rock! i really enjoyed your story! it was great! and i can't wait for next chapter! it's going to be awsome!
Shadow315 chapter 28 . 8/30/2012
My god... this is really good! ... You're deployed? Sh-t... are you ok, it's been years. Please tell me you're ok and are gonna finish the story!

MORE SOON!