Reviews for The Smell of Rain
tavion chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Wow it has been a long time. I was 16 when I started this story and I am now 24 in grad school. I have thought about finishing this story many times, but it has been many years and priorities change throughout the years. I also don't even remember my login (it has been a long time) and I dont know if anyone would still read it anyways.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 24 . 3/8/2009
Then here is review number 159

I love this story. You capture them all perfectly, can't wait to see how it turns out.
FlamingPanda9 chapter 24 . 12/27/2008
u gonna kill frodo? plz, it would be a great, but extremely sad ending. which i like. i no, i am wierd seein as i like death fics. maybe thats why everyone calls me emo... besides the way i dress. and i am so sorry for you. my parents divorced when i was 2 because my was lazy. i am more like my dad. brother like mom. btw, no man should EVER cheat on his wife. stuff like that should be punished with like, 6 yrs in prison or sumtin.
Frodo's sister chapter 24 . 12/26/2005
This is a good story. Please continue it. I'm sorry for the things that are happening in your family. I hope they get better soon. I'll pray for you guys.
Alex chapter 24 . 10/15/2005
Hey Tavion,

Hey, take time to heal. I have family situations too, and I know how much they really hurt. But keep on keeping on. This world has a horrible tendency to keep kicking you down when your wounded and stabbed, but know that there is something in this life that is always something to look forward too. I hope you won't mind when I say I'm praying for you. I think your a wonderful writer, and I look forward to what you have to write in the future, even if it isn't this.

Many blessings and hopes

Alex
Billabong680 chapter 24 . 6/20/2005
I'm feeling sad for you. I hope it will be better in your life soon. (and I also want to see an updating, but it can wait if you feel this bad...)(sorry for mistakes, but I speak french more often than english)

I hope you'll feel better soon.

Nimrodel of Meneltarma
LilytheHobbit chapter 24 . 3/22/2005
Tavion-

I am really sorry about what happened. I just wanted to encourage you to stay strong and continue to love your parents, even though that might be hard. I wanted to let you know that i will pray for you, a Bible verse that has encouraged me and i hope will encourage you is, "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." -Phillipians 4:13 I also wanted to say that you are an excelent writer and i hope that you will continue to finish this series. I really look forward to hearing the end because i am at the edge of my seat, the suspence is killing me! :) Keep up the good work! :D
Ailsa89 chapter 24 . 3/6/2005
Thank you very much for this post- it was a really brave thing to do. Of course it's not melodramatic or anything of the sort and I (and I'm sure your loyal readers) will completely understand that is up to you when you want to start writing again. Blimey, you're one of the much better authors at updating!

**hugs**

A.J x
Kate chapter 24 . 2/28/2005
This story is really amazing! I just discovered it and most definitely would like to read more. Your characterizations of all 4 hobbits are very well done! I'm sorry to hear that real life is treating you so badly. I hope you and your mother both find your happiness again.
lovethosehobbits chapter 24 . 1/31/2005
I cannot tell you how very much I grieve for you and your mother. I had a father who carried on with other women throughout their marrage (over 40 years) until my mother finally said 'enough'. On a humorous note my father was *still* philandering at the ripe old age of 90 when this happened. He is now 96 and they are friends but he constantly says to her how 'this was the best thing I ever threw away', but she is finally over him and will not take him back. It sounds funny to hear this happening with people who are that old, but they still have the same drives and feelings, I suppose, we all have at younger ages. I do not know what I could say to you to comfort you except that I am here for you. I will listen. I will help in any way I can. My kids are just starting college as well and so I am older, but I do understand how you are feeling. I love this story that you are penning and have you on my author alert list. I will wait very patiently for an update because the story, and you, are worth it. Hang in there. It will be hard for awhile but I commend your mother on her actions. My mother put up with it for my whole life and it ruined her. Your mother has a chance to find happiness again. Tell here that, yes, he probably loved her all along but was unable to stop himself from 'lusting' after other women. Take care my dear girl, and let me know if you need anything. tree
Henna Gamgee chapter 24 . 1/28/2005
Of course this is worth finishing! You're a talented writer and you've got a good and unique story going. But there's no rush. Online life can be more fun sometimes, but real life is the one we live in, and has to come first. Take care of yourself, OK? If you ever feel the need to talk to someone you hardly know and have never met, feel free to e-mail me (address on my bio page). ;) I can't imagine what this must be like for you, but I'm a good listener.
Frodo Silverlune chapter 24 . 1/26/2005
first of all, I am so very glad that you have not abandoned this fic. it's a beautiful peice of art, and should definetly not be 'quitededed.' as for plans changing, yeah, it's hard. my 'change of plans' happened at the start of my junior year, but i've learned a lot from it. if you ever want to talk, i'd be more than happy to listen! ;) my email is starofamber15

~FrodoBaggins87
Billabong680 chapter 23 . 12/13/2004
Plz update soon, I can't wait to see what'll will happens to Frodo and Merry. I hope Merry don't feel to guilty about this ;)

Sorry for mistakes but I speak french more often than english and I'm not the best one in english class too ;)
sniffer chapter 1 . 11/1/2004
sniff sniff sniff I don't smell anything.
me chapter 1 . 10/28/2004