Reviews for Learning to Lie
Guest chapter 14 . 11/10/2012
Wooooow...
::Low whistle::
THAT, was amazing. Just... Wow. Jesus, am I crying? This is too perfect for words.
Are you an author? You should be one, if only on the side.
Mikaela chapter 14 . 3/3/2008
This was the best story I have ever read. I was mad at first for Race dying but at the end I was crying my heart out. This is a great piece of writing that I will forever remember. To whomever wrote this, thank you. Thank you very much. (Please don't change anything)
Argentus chapter 14 . 1/10/2008
Oh, I really enjoyed this! I always love it when Race is characterized as a big-brother figure- the role just seems to fit him to a T. He is just marvelous in this! I particularly like the part when he's talking to Spot about how it's okay to cry; and also their whole shared-childhood bond(the whole symbolism with the cane was a nice touch). And I was so sad when he died but somehow, I think the fic wouldn't have been the same without it. : )

I love your brash- but-vulnerable Spot! I like that you wrote him actually caring about his boys...I dunno, I'm kinda tired of fics where they're nothing but pawns to him. I think what stood out is how he still loves Race intensely, considers him a brother, even when he's repulsed by Race's romantic feelings for him.

And I know this was just a minor part but Dutchy going full-on actor on Racetrack and Spot (and those unsuspecting Brooklynites) was just awesome! :giggles:

Great fic!
regina chapter 14 . 8/24/2006
amazing. i haven't cried like this since... i can't remember. so thank you. and thanks also for the epilouge. it really makes a difference.
ven chapter 14 . 6/23/2006
that was great, well written and just amazing. I want to know what Jacks responce to the letter was. Poor spot , and poor Race, Two of my three favorite characters and its sad. sigh. keep up the good work

Ven
AmbrLupin chapter 14 . 3/4/2006
aw *cries* so so godd! *cries*

Good lord, now i HAVE to ask, even tho you probably have better things to do... But would you PLEASE read my two newsies stories and give me advice and what not? PWEASE? ur so good and im so not! theyre not long at all- one has 4 chapters so far and the other is only at 2. PWEASE?
AmbrLupin chapter 13 . 3/4/2006
Oh good lord, Dutchy, ya nut. . oh, Blue is gettin it now- boyfriend mhm. ...AH! NU RACE! AH! DANG IT, I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING, BUT NO! GOD DANGIT, SPOT! I WANTED TO KILL HIM! *revives Blue and kills him again* THERE! GAH! AND SPOT LEFT! OH LORD! *dies*
AmbrLupin chapter 12 . 3/4/2006
YAY RACE AND SPOT! *stabs Blue some more*
AmbrLupin chapter 11 . 3/4/2006
Hehe, yay Crumbs! cant hurt Spottie! he's too adorable! *cuddles Spot* two of youse against Brooklyn? yeah, Spot, i think youse mad. and Race! nevermind, you're goin back. good for you
AmbrLupin chapter 10 . 3/4/2006
yes, Spot, apparently you DO need protecting..and its so sweet, so shut up and let him help! *laughs* there ya go, Dutchy! show em whose...er...boss! and now i can so see him callin Race 'James' Aw, come on, Race! you love him! dont LEAVE
AmbrLupin chapter 9 . 3/4/2006
*coughblinkcough* oh my god. gotta love Dutchy and them...good god, i cant get the image of them in there outta my head now...
AmbrLupin chapter 8 . 3/4/2006
naw, soak de boys! soak em good! and Race can sure talk if he wants to, eh? *smirk* good job- and im speedin through these chaps, no?
AmbrLupin chapter 7 . 3/4/2006
*glares at de mother* i dont like u already. however, yay Race for savin Spot! We'se loves you! and YES, we gonna help you get Brooklyn and de cane back! we will!
AmbrLupin chapter 6 . 3/4/2006
yes, they ARE Spot's boys, not yours ya hunk a lard! *jabs with spork* oh, angry Race! *eats popcorn* nice nice nice, i LUV angry and angsty Race and Spot. I live for it! ...WHAT THE HECK? ENDIN IT DERE! then again, i do it too, so, i forgive ya
AmbrLupin chapter 5 . 3/4/2006
Hehe, and gave him the cane? seems to me like i did bout the same thing you did with one of my stories, cept it wasn't Race. . uh-oh...Race got fired! and...there ya go- CONLON. kid, de names CONLON! WOOT. i love that name for some reason. . and there we go- the argument- and BLUE! YES! go get em, Spot!