Reviews for The Make of a Captain
Mistress Anko chapter 38 . 11/1/2014
I was so sure he wasn't really dead. Right up until this chapter. The hero never dies. That just sucks.
Mistress Anko chapter 31 . 10/31/2014
Question. Why not tell the other pirates that this will be there Powerful base ship the very best so they can capture dozens of other ships and sell them. Less money right then, but a stable livelihood.
lovesFanFic chapter 38 . 9/12/2010
Thanks! This was an awesome ride.
lovesFanFic chapter 36 . 9/12/2010
Brilliantly constructed conversation with the Admiral. Well done, indeed.
lovesFanFic chapter 35 . 9/12/2010
Noo! No, no, no, no, no! I can't believe you killed Kirk. Ok, it was a very Kirk way to go out.. makes perfect sense, and probably what would have happened in 75% of the episodes of TOS if he didn't have the crew's full trust - but I was just hoping he could be redeemed and we'd have a TOS remix.

sob
lovesFanFic chapter 30 . 9/11/2010
Is it weird that I'm happy for Checkov that he got stunned? I don't think he'd have been able to live with himself if he'd let the negotiations go down without trying.
lovesFanFic chapter 29 . 9/11/2010
I like McCoy's strength in this scene - and also the maturity and composure he has in this universe. That may be one great loss from the 99.9% amazing KSM friendship - it allows McCoy to be a bit of a petulant teenager. As more of a loner, he becomes (in this universe) more of a hero in his own right.
lovesFanFic chapter 27 . 9/11/2010
Pet Russian? What, because Kirk puts up with his disapproval? I'm not sure that it's inappropriate, but I don't know where it came from.
lovesFanFic chapter 26 . 9/11/2010
I feel like Kirk's team is going to notice that he's slowly throwing all of them in jail. I'm all for it, and he's clearly much more interested in the esteem of the Starfleet personnel he's always looked up to than in that of his "gang," but I feel like this may get messy.
lovesFanFic chapter 25 . 9/11/2010
I like that Kirk is seeing Bones and Spock as the angels on his shoulder. That's definitely the role they play in TOS - the two extremes, presenting arguments that help him make the best decision.
lovesFanFic chapter 19 . 9/11/2010
Fun fight!

Fabulous last line.

And poor Scotty...he must be having a coronary down in engineering. At least in TOS, he knew ahead of time to expect his ship in shambles.
lovesFanFic chapter 18 . 9/11/2010
On occasion, it's nice to see nasty!Kirk in a situation where everything doesn't go exactly according to plan. Go bridge crew!
lovesFanFic chapter 13 . 9/10/2010
Very clever solution to the "what turned Kirk?" question. It had occurred to me that his creative thinking in that case was not exactly in line with traditional academic integrity.
lovesFanFic chapter 12 . 9/10/2010
I love that both the bridge crew and McCoy were caught up in Kirk's charm before they remembered what a fundamentally bad person he is in this story.
lovesFanFic chapter 11 . 9/10/2010
Very clever pattern on the names. I take it you're a history buff?