Reviews for The Prodigal Took
MM chapter 1 . 8/22/2019
So sad! Pippin really grew up in a hard way - not only during the quest. Well-written,too. Thank you!
dreamflower02 chapter 1 . 9/18/2016
What a treat to find this again, the story that started it all for me. I've never stopped being grateful to you for inspiring me to write fanfiction, and every story I write is a tribute to you as well as to JRRT. Thank you once again from the bottom of my heart.
yellowrose437 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
What a wonderful story. My heart ached for Pippin. Nicely done, in the characterizations, storyline, and the parallel between Pippins' situation and Faramir's.
Pansy Chubb chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
Wonderful story. Nice fill-in on what happened when Pippin returned home. It had to be emotionally charged.
Boromirlover chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
This was absolutely great. You describe Pippin's feelings and his father and moter's reactions very well.

Do we get any more chapters? ;-)
Zebra Wallpaper chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
Wow, this was amazing. It felt incredible real to read and the characters are just spot-on and perfectly pitched. I like the relationships with Pippin and Pervinca, Eglantine and Paladin-very complex and fascinating.

You written something very moving and interesting. Thank you for sharing it.
Xena chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
Wow. I feel speechless. That was absolutely amazing, I know not what else to say. Wonderful! :P
FantasyFan chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
An interesting story with nice changes of mood from Pippin's early anticipation, feeling like a hero, through confrontation and grief, to the silent consideration at the end. I like the parallel with Denethor and Faramir, and the different family interactions between Pip and his Mum, Da, and sister. Some good details, like the way Frodo will not be appreciated, and the burning of the Stock Road inn.

A good story. Perhaps you'd like to write one from Merry's point of view of his family reunion?